Monday 14 November 2022

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 

 



"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny? It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard 


 A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.  




I had the most fantabulous weekend as you know. My son Doug, his wife Kayla and the three "J"s came down from PEI for the weekend.  Traditionally they always stop at Mastedon ridge on the way down and on the way home.  This is the picture they always take of the three boys.  They have been doing it for years and years. It's a family tradition.  I love family traditions and I love that they have them as well! This is about 2 1/2 hours from my house.  There are fast food places there, washrooms, etc. The boys have always loved it there.  From left to right, Jon, Jake and Josh.



Fridge art. This Grammy's fridge is now loaded with fresh fridge art from Jake!  He's a really good colorer!  Getting art in person from him made this Grammy's heart grow two sizes larger than I ever thought possible!  Happy days! 


 
ugly grammy hair


The two camera shy people in the bunch got caught making chocolate chip cookies together!  And what fun we had. The cookies turned out fabulous. Josh is my cooking loving grandson. Actually I think they all love cooking.  But we got to make cookies together and it was fun. At least it was for me. I think it was for him also. He took a whole time of them home with him to share with his PEI grandparents.




Saturday night was birthday celebration night. This week (on the 16th) is Jake's Birthday and then it's Doug's birthday on the 23rd.  So, Saturday night Grampy, Aunt Cindy and Uncle Dan came over for a Pizza feast from my cousin Hal's Pizza Factory in town and birthday cake. It was fun all being together.  Loads of pizza was eaten and the cake was really delicious.  (We got the cake at the Superstore. It is one of their pound cakes.)  We actually got the cake for free. There was a mix up in the labelling at the store when my sister was going through the tils and the store was super, super busy and the supervisor told my sister to just take the cake. Yes please!




Card games played with my son, daughter in law and grandsons. So much fun!  I never thought about it before, but I really need to get some games in my house for the grands to play with when they are here.  (How long have I waited to be able to say something like that!) This weekend I learned a new game. Uno. I have never played it before. It was fun!




Flowers from my son and his family.  So bright and color-filled!  They really brighten up the place. My son knows I love having plenty of color about!

All in all, we had a brilliant weekend, filled with lots of noise and love. I didn't get too many pictures taken because I was simply just enjoying all the company.  We ate lots of good food and just really enjoyed being together.  The blow-up beds worked brilliantly. I never thought that we would be so comfortable in this little place, but we were, and it was great!  My internet isn't the greatest, but the boys coped with it anyhow and we just all really enjoyed each other.  I was introduced to Sponge Bob Square Pants and Manga cartoons.

I may be biased, but I thought my grandsons were the best-behaved children! 12, 14 and 16.  Cooped up in a car for 4 plus hours, then cooped up in my tiny place for two days, living almost on top of each other and they just got along so well! It was such a blessing to have this part of my family here for the long weekend and I am so grateful to them for making the effort to come over and spend it with me. All of the stars aligned in that both Doug and Kayla ended up having the same days off and of course the boys were off school.  What a great blessing!

I probably won't see them now until next summer when they come over to the Christian camp.  This was a very impromptu and unexpected visit.  God is indeed very good, and I am so grateful for these unexpected blessings!

I was in a lot of pain for most of the weekend with my arthritis. I had ordered a few things/supplements from Amazon, and they arrived on Saturday. Hemp oil capsules and garlic and this other stuff.  I am feeling much better today, amazingly enough.  Third day on them. Yesterday I was better than I was on Friday and Saturday as well. Another miracle in that at least on the third day of the visit I was not in as much pain as I had been.

We had Taco night on Friday night and Doug ended up having to cook them because I couldn't stand up for long.  I hated that it was like that, but they all enjoyed their tacos, and I enjoyed my family.   All in all, a weekend extraordinaire!  Finished off with Sunday supper, Roast Beef, at my sister's. 😀


I hope you all had great weekends filled with lots of love and laughter as well!!

A thought to carry with you . . .


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *You are enough,
just as you are.•。★★ 。* 。




I don't really have any new recipes or food to share with you today because I was otherwise occupied at the weekend, but here is Mary Berry's recipe for Sage and Onion Stuffing. This is probably my favorite of all the stuffings!   Its delicious!


I hope that you have a wonderful day. I hope your week ahead is filled with loads of small and wonderful things. Be happy and safe and be blessed!  Don't forget! 


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       



4 comments:

  1. I'm sure there was lots of love and laughter and lovely memories all weekend. Sounds like you all had an amazing time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely that they got to come and you had a wonderful time!! I am so glad you are feeling some better...arthritis is a nasty beast!! We feel ours when the weather changes, which it just did again this weekend!! It was below freezing this AM after some 80+ days recently...too quick of a change, but that is not uncommon here. Hope you will continue feeling better too!!
    Elizabeth, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marie..I'm so happy that you were able to have such a great family weekend!! Such fun and many new memories made! Thank you for sharing it with us. I just love the refrig artwork!! My Grandson is 21 yr. now and working for his Phd at Stoneybrook University in NY. I'm so proud of him because he's a super great guy and super smart. Life is good thanks to the Lord God. *I always think of you everyday when I say "God loves me"....Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I can feel the happiness in this post! Precious memories for all, how lovely. xo, V.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!