Tuesday 8 November 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 


FOR TODAY, November 8th, 2022

Outside my window ...
The sun is shining. Thanks to daylight savings time, its light already. Boy, but I do hate the time change, both when it moves forward and when it moves backward. I wish they would just leave it the same. You wouldn't think an hour's change would make much difference either way, but it does.

I am thinking ...
Yesterday was 2 years since I returned to Canada. What an amazing journey I have been on. Thinking back with gratitude and also thinking about these . . . 


If you like eggnog as much as I do, then prepare yourself to fall in love. These are quite tasty. Crisp cookie, thin layer of eggnog flavored cream, milk chocolate coating it all. Yum!

I am thankful for ...
Faith, family, friends. And Eggnog Truffle Cookies.

In the kitchen ...



Roasted Party Nuts.  Incredibly moreish. Slightly sweet. Slightly salty. Very easy to make. A recipe I got from Cindy!


On my "To Cook" list ...



Lord Byron's Kitchen. 30 Minute Ginger Beef. Looks so tasty!

Good to know ...

 



I am wanting to create ... 



Wool Patterns. Old Timey Pot Holders. Free pattern.



Could not find the source, but seriously cute.



Sonospokes.  Free crochet Bumblebee pattern.



The Yarn Crew. Six crochet hats for your cats.  So tempted.



Little Crochet Houses. Lilleliis.


I am reading ...


The Life She Was Given, by Ellen Marie Wiseman

On a summer evening in 1931, Lilly Blackwood glimpses circus lights from the grimy window of her attic bedroom. Lilly isn’t allowed to explore the meadows around Blackwood Manor. She’s never even ventured beyond her narrow room. Momma insists it’s for Lilly’s own protection, that people would be afraid if they saw her. But on this unforgettable night, Lilly is taken outside for the first time—and sold to the circus sideshow. 

 More than two decades later, nineteen-year-old Julia Blackwood has inherited her parents’ estate and horse farm. For Julia, home was an unhappy place full of strict rules and forbidden rooms, and she hopes that returning might erase those painful memories. Instead, she becomes immersed in a mystery involving a hidden attic room and photos of circus scenes featuring a striking young girl. 

 At first, The Barlow Brothers’ Circus is just another prison for Lilly. But in this rag-tag, sometimes brutal world, Lilly discovers strength, friendship, and a rare affinity for animals. Soon, thanks to elephants Pepper and JoJo and their handler, Cole, Lilly is no longer a sideshow spectacle but the circus’s biggest attraction...until tragedy and cruelty collide. It will fall to Julia to learn the truth about Lilly’s fate and her family’s shocking betrayal, and find a way to make Blackwood Manor into a place of healing at last. 

 Moving between Julia and Lilly’s stories, Ellen Marie Wiseman portrays two extraordinary, very different women in a novel that, while tender and heartbreaking, offers moments of joy and indomitable hope.

I have only just started this book. But so far so good.

I am looking forward to ...
BIG NEWS!  My son Doug is coming this weekend from the Island with all of his family. I will finally get to see all the boys, my three "J's" all together at the same time!  Yay!! He told me yesterday and I am over the moon!

Dreaming about ...



A white Christmas. Have not seen one in years. I have already started watching Christmas movies so that I can get them all in this year! 😁 I started with Christmas with the Kranks.




A wreath for the front door . . .


 

Finding just the right star for the top of my tree . . . 


 

Painted wooden furniture . . . 


 

Blown glass ornaments . . . 

Makes me smile ... 

 



My heart  . . . 

Corners of my kingdom ... 


My other heart  . . . 

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *Deeds will not be less valiant
because they are less praised.
~J.R.Tolkien•。★★ 。* 。


And that's my daybook for this week! 


   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 
  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 
 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       




4 comments:

  1. HOW FUN...more kin coming to visit!! Hope it all comes together well and you have a marvelous time!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! I know we will really enjoy our time together! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Amazing news about your son & family visiting. Hubby loves those Celebration Cookies too. Christmas movies to get you in the spirit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! Those Celebration cookies are great! Naughty but nice! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!