Tuesday 21 December 2021

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 


FOR TODAY, December 21st, 2021

Outside my window ...
All is calm.  The snow is still there, but there is a heavy rainfall warning in place so I don't expect it to be there for long.  Too bad, as a white Christmas would have been really nice.

I am thinking ...
What a crazy old world we live in. Who would have ever thought that we would be spending two years in the grip of a global pandemic with no end in sight.  Its quite disheartening.

I am thankful for ...
The love of family, friends and my faith. I don't know where I would be without any of those things. I am most grateful.

In the kitchen ... 



Creamy Parmesan Brussels Sprouts with Bacon. Oh my goodness. These are quite simply fabulous! They would make a beautiful side dish for the holidays.

On my "To Cook" list ... 

 

Two Kooks in the Kitchen. Mediterranean Marinated Grilled Chicken.  I actually cooked this yesterday and it was fabulous.  Moist and delicious.  I think a new favorite! I highly recommend! 

Good to know ... 

 


I am wanting to create ...
 
 


MJ's Off the Hook Designs.  Pretty slippers. Love that yarn.  


 

Zamiguz.  Crochet face scrubbies and a little bag to hold them in. Love this! PDF pattern.




Kirsten Holloway Designs.  Love this. So pretty.  I can always use an extra hot pad.



 
Heart Hook Home.  Personal Pouch pattern.  Nice! 




Heart Hook Home    Pan protectors. Great idea! 

I am reading . . . 





The Snow Child, by Eowyn Ivey
A middle-aged couple, Mabel and Jack, are about to endure their second Alaskan winter. Far from their families, they are trying to make a life for themselves farming land that for much of the time is either too frozen or too wet. With Jack labouring all day, Mabel is left in their cabin, remembering a lost child and contemplating whether to take a walk across the barely frozen nearby river. Yet, when the first snow falls, Jack and Mabel are enchanted and for the first time in a long, long while they play together and build with great care a snow girl, complete with red lips, red mittens and scarf and yellow hair. The next morning, the snow child is gone and, when they begin to catch sight of a young girl in the trees, watching them, Mabel becomes convinced that the child is a snow girl, brought to life, just like the snow child fairy tale in the Russian book that she treasures, even though she can’t read a word.

Eowyn Ivey’s prose is truly bewitching and at times you may catch your breath, smile or cry a little. She has achieved the sophisticated air of simplicity and naturalness while going straight to the heart of her fully-rounded, breathing characters, yet still always making sure that the Alaskan environment is never more than a cabin wall from us, even when we read this novel wrapped up and snug in our homes. It is a marvellous achievement and Eowyn Ivey has a great talent which we must watch in the years to come. As for the snow child herself, there’s every chance that you’ll fall as much in love with her as Mabel and Jack.

Yes, I did read this a few years back, but I am enjoying reading it again. I am like that with my favorite books. I like to revisit them, like old friends, a few years down the road.  This might even be the third time I have read this book.

Dreaming About ... 

 

Pretty stoneware mugs  . . . 

 


Pretty candle holders  . . . 

 


Winter time cosy  . . . 

 


Homemade caramels  . . . . 

 


Pretty trees all in a row  . . . 

Something to watch ... 


Its a Wonderful Life.  For all the Christmas feels  . . . 

Makes me smile ... 


This was Nutmeg laying next to me last night. My sister's right. He is a ham, a beautiful, lovely, cuddly ham.  Love these two to bits.

Corners of my kingdom ... 

 


A beautiful church all lit up for Christmas. Sherbrook Village.

A thought to carry with you  ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.I have learned
in whatsoever state I am in
therewith to be content
~the Apostle Paul。★★ 。* 。
 
This can be an exceptionally difficult lesson to learn.

And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!  
     

4 comments:

  1. We're on lockdown again.schools closed abruptly yesterday..bars..gyms etc..an order to work from home....it's all gotten bad again:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its gotten really bad here as well. Two steps forward, ten steps back. No family Christmas again this year. All plans on hold. Thank goodness for my family bubble. Just us four. I am blessed because many do not even have that. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Illness kept many of my family from gathering together this Christmas. I only had 3 of my children together instead of 7. We can only hope next year will be better. Wishing for a Happier 2022.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a shame Pam. Here is hoping that 2022 2ill be a lot better for sure! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!