Tuesday 7 December 2021

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 
 

FOR TODAY, December 7th, 2021

Outside my window ...
Its still quite dark, but will be getting light soon. We are expecting some nasty weather beginning tomorrow night. I was thinking of meeting up with my father for fish and chips, but may decide not to go if it is really snowing hard.  I need to get a snow brush. I got an ice scraper, but no snow brush.

I am thinking ...
I need to invoice for payment for my book.  Included I have to fill out an IRS form. I have been looking at it for months and months. It is all Greek to me. Even the invoice.  I wish I knew an accountant who could help me.  I am feeling somewhat upset about it. I find things like this so very hard to do. My old brain can't cope with it. I have a hard enough time figuring out Canadian income tax. Why does everything have to be so complicated  . . . 

I am thankful for ...
My faith. My family. My friends. All of you.  Everybody loves Raymond. (lol, just thought I would throw that in there.)

In the kitchen ... 

 

Peanut Sauced Chicken Thighs with Green Beans. An all in one tray bake supper for Two. Deliciously simple and on the table in half an hour. 

On my "To Cook" list ... 



Midwest Foodie Blog.  Baked Feta Appetizer. This looks great! 

Good To Know ...




I am wanting to create ... 



Papernstich blog. How to make clay mushrooms. 




I could not connect to the source, but I do love this. 
 



Felt Magnet. Could it be any cuter? 


  


The Glitzy Pear.  A modern hoop wreath. Love this.  



Saturday Finds.  A D O R E 

I am reading ... 



The Snow Child, by Eowyn Ivey
A middle-aged couple, Mabel and Jack, are about to endure their second Alaskan winter. Far from their families, they are trying to make a life for themselves farming land that for much of the time is either too frozen or too wet. With Jack labouring all day, Mabel is left in their cabin, remembering a lost child and contemplating whether to take a walk across the barely frozen nearby river. Yet, when the first snow falls, Jack and Mabel are enchanted and for the first time in a long, long while they play together and build with great care a snow girl, complete with red lips, red mittens and scarf and yellow hair. The next morning, the snow child is gone and, when they begin to catch sight of a young girl in the trees, watching them, Mabel becomes convinced that the child is a snow girl, brought to life, just like the snow child fairy tale in the Russian book that she treasures, even though she can’t read a word.

Eowyn Ivey’s prose is truly bewitching and at times you may catch your breath, smile or cry a little. She has achieved the sophisticated air of simplicity and naturalness while going straight to the heart of her fully-rounded, breathing characters, yet still always making sure that the Alaskan environment is never more than a cabin wall from us, even when we read this novel wrapped up and snug in our homes. It is a marvellous achievement and Eowyn Ivey has a great talent which we must watch in the years to come. As for the snow child herself, there’s every chance that you’ll fall as much in love with her as Mabel and Jack.

Yes, I did read this a few years back, but I am enjoying reading it again. I am like that with my favorite books. I like to revisit them, like old friends, a few years down the road.

Dreaming About ... 

 
(source)

 Elegant Penmanship  . . . 


 


So pretty but I bet its itchy  . . . like the old crinolines used to be  . . . 



 


A white Christmas  . . . .  

 

Christmas Lights  . . . 

 


Little Wooden Boys  . . . 

Something to watch ... 



Get Back, the Beatles.  A three part movie/series on Disney.  Fascinating.

Makes me smile ... 

 

Dolly Treasures on Instagram. She makes these beautiful vignettes with her dolls.  

Corners of my kingdom ... 


 

Christmas lights across the way through a rainy bedroom window  . . . 

A thought to carry with you ... 
 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.We are shaped by our thoughts,
we become what we think,
When the mind is pure,
joy follows like a shadow
that never leaves.
~Buddha  •。★★ 。* 。 

So profound  . . . 

And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!  
     



4 comments:

  1. Take care and stay safe in the snow! Slow and easy is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winter weather, blah!!! Take care if you do go out. We take it day by day in the nasty weather and only go out if necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps it might be worth the expense to get legal advice or an accountant's assistance in filling out the forms, Marie. We can't be expert in all areas and it would take a load off your mind and you would know it was done correctly. Stay safe in the storm tomorrow. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! You’re right! Everybody loves Raymond … and… I love Lucy !
    LOL…thought I would be funny.
    Happy snow day. V

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!