Thursday 2 December 2021

My Favorite Things . . .

 

A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitter pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    I'm pretty sure however, that these things mainly make my own heart sing.   

 

Beautiful books and Anne of Green Gables.  I have been to the Island, many, many times.  I was born on the Island. My middle son lives on the Island.  I have never been to Green Gables although I have been to Lucy Maud Montgomery's home.  I have also seen the play in Charlottetown. Love the books, the films, the shows.  Love Anne.


 
(source

Paper Snowflakes  . . .  so pretty . . .  


 

Mittens, I much prefer them over gloves. Always have done.

 

Snowmen . . . I refuse to call them snowpersons.  They will always be snowmen to me. 


 

This type of coverlet.  Lots of work, but oh so pretty  . . .  


 

Dogs  . . .  I will always be a dog person, but I do love my kitty cats too  . . . 




I mean, how could I not?  Just so sweet  . . .  

 


Writing desks  . . .   


 

Pitcher's and basins  . . .  I need to remember to get the one I made for my mom sometime when I am at my sisters  . . . 


 


This  . . . .  so pretty.  They don't match, but somehow they do  . . . 


 

Salad for lunch. Actually I love salad pretty much any time.  What an elegant salad bowl this is. 

 

Leafy shadows  . . . patterns of light  . . . 


 


Patterns of light, Christmas lights  . . .  they remind me of the light of the world  . . . 


 

French Patisserie . . . . used to love to go to Patisserie Valerie in the UK . . . 



 



Pavlova  . . .  this is a particularly pretty one  . . .  


 

Shops all decked out in Holiday style!  


 

Sealing wax  . . . .  although not sure that it would get through the post office today with all the machines . . .

 

 The idea of Santa Claus   . . .  loved those films starring Tim Allen  . . . must put on my watch list  . . . 

 

Carousels  . . . . magic.  Pure magic  . . . 


 


Glass baubles  . . . love them. Maybe again some day . . . 

And those are my favorite things for this week!  Maybe some were yours also!

I am so sorry that I basically repeated myself a couple of days in a row, Monday and yesterday.  I had forgotten that I already told you all that stuff on Monday. DUH! When I do stuff like that it scares me. I worry I am losing my mind! Yikes! 

I have my little boy laying here next to me. Every so often he looks up at me and flexes a paw in my direction.  He's lovely.   


 

So is she  . . .  she's just not in your face as much. Perhaps a bit more independent. 

A thought to carry with you  . . .  

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*.˛.Art is not what you see,
but what you make others see.
~Edgar Degas  •。★★ 。*  


In The English Kitchen today  . . . .  Mary Berry's Mincemeat Buns  . . .  not sure why, but they always call small cakes like this buns in the UK.  Delicious no matter what you call them. Especially with a hot cuppa! 

Have a wonderful day!  I have quite a few errands to perform this morning.  I find that if I get out and about and do them early, I am  okay.  If I wait until later, they just don't get done because I don't want to go out!  Whatever you get up to, don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!  
     






7 comments:

  1. Lovely post. Beautiful favourites. You feel better if you get out early to do your errands. I'm off for breakfast. A friend gave me the Bon Maman Advent calendar, a wee pot of jam every day. Yesterday was rhubarb. I wonder what today's will be. Stay safe when you're out and about. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine! You are so lucky to get one of those! I wanted one, but have not been able to find one! They are the best! I love Bon Maman jams! I am wondering what you had today also! Xoxo

      Delete
  2. I like getting out and about early..I like baking early..etc..Lovely things and kitties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique! I was able to get out and do all I had to do! Yay! Xoxo

      Delete
  3. I love all the sights, sounds, and smells of Christmas. Really everything Christmas !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you Pam! I will slowly have to build up my collection again! Xoxo

      Delete
  4. Golly, lots of favorites …a feast for the eyes! Happy day,V

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!