Friday 3 December 2021

My Friday Finds . . .

 

 


A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . Maybe they will do the same for you!     

 
 

I don't know why, but this made me smile.  He's so goofy looking and which woman alive hasn't come across a guy like this in their lifetime.   Goofy and endearing at the same time.  You just gotta love them! 



The most adorable Gingerbreadman Pinata!  Isn't this cute!  There is a fabulous tutorial over on DIY Studio.   Makes me wish I had some children to make this for!  What a fun activity this would be on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, or even New Years Eve for that matter.  What child doesn't love to wack a pinata!  




100+ Christmas Cookie recipes from Better Homes and Gardens.   Lots of tastiness there.   In the UK I had my Better Homes and Gardens Cook Book encyclopedia that I started collecting when I was in high school.   They were 40 years old and I still used them from time to time.   Great standard recipes for everything under the sun. Sadly had to leave all of them behind. 


Free Crochet Christmas Tree Skirt Patterns.   You can find this one and a few others over on the Free Crochet Patterns Blog.  My sister taught both my mother and I how to crochet when I was in High School.   I thank her for that.  I've gotten a lot of pleasure from crocheting through the years.  


Is this not adorable?   It is a snow man candle holder made from an upturned terra cotta flower pot.   I think it is so cute.  I could not find a source for it, but it wouldn't be that hard to do really.  Its really sweet!   

 


Free Christmas Gift Tag printables.   You can find them here.  I think they are really nice.  People are so talented!!! 


I just adore Penny Rugs.   Little rugs and candle mats etc. created from using wool felt, layered and pieced.  I have loved them for a long time, and made a few myself.  I found a fabulous site which is filled with wonderful tutorials, called Penny Rugs and More.  


How to store onions, garlic and shallots.   Who knew it would be such a simple thing!  Paper bags.  I say bring back paper Grocery Bags also.  Found on The Yummy Life

 

Free Templates for Felt Christmas Ornies.   Found on Atelier Gigi Artiera.   Now that was an tongue twister!   I like free.  Free is good!  They're cute! 




The Best Gingerbread Glue.  I used to love making Gingerbread creations every year.  From Kids Activity Blog.  This stuff is supposed to be pretty good.  Getting your Gingerbread creation to stand up is half the battle! 


Now this looks really good and very festive.  Hot Chocolate and Cranberry Rocky Road.  You can't find an easier candy treat than Rocky Road!  This looks so very Christmassy!  Found on Technicolour Kitchen


 Twenty Five Ways to use Christmas Lights.  Genius from Making Lemonade.  Love this.  I love putting lights into Christmas.   There are so many lovely little led battery lights nowadays.  


Sticker Residue is one of my Pet Peeves.  It's always in the most annoying places and they can be a real chore to try to get off sometimes.   This promises to be quick and easy and non damaging to the article you are trying to get it off of!  From Two Twenty One

 

 Free Printable Reindeer for the table or mantle, or whatever.   Found on Fuxia Atelier



Free Paper Doll Nativity.  I Love it!  From Design Dazzle




DIY Mini Cranberry Wreath Place Cards.   Cute.   From Say Yes



I just love this simple wreath.  The neutral colours, the black and white photos . . . I love it all.  From Dear Lillie.  Plus she gives you some ideas on how to dress it up for every season. 


I just adore this easy to make Christmas Tree Garland that you make using cupcake liners.  Found on One Perfect Day.   Simple!  Sweet! 


 



Lumps of coal Crispie Treats with a cute poem to print out.  Loving it!  From Big Red Kitchen.  

MJ's Off the Hook Designs.  I love, LOVE this tree skirt.  Maybe next year. 

And those are my finds for this week. I hope you saw something which interested you! 

Its been raining a lot since last night. Yesterday when I was out and about I heard someone saying that it is supposed to be raining right up to Christmas.  Wouldn't surprise me I guess. I don't think they have had a white Christmas here in a number of years now.  I'm okay with that. Its a lot easier to drive in rain than snow! 

A heavy box arrived at the door yesterday. It is filled with copies of my book. I think there are 20 there. That's a lot more than the last publisher gave me. I think I only got four of those, mind you it was hard cover and a lot larger than this one!  People still want to buy it, but I haven't figured out a way to self publish yet that is affordable.  Oh well, that just makes the copies people do have more precious I guess!  My sister uses hers as a weight to glue things together or press leaves etc. 

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*.˛.Winter come rest your soul
on Autumn's weary head,
Twirl, shimmer, soften
before tucking fall to bed.
~Angie Welland-Crosby•。★★ 。* 。
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。 

 

In The English Kitchen today, Tomato, Beef & Macaroni Soup.  I am using up the last of the leftover roast, but you can also use ground beef in this if you wish. Its delicious either way.  Perfect for these cold damp days!

I hope you have a wonderful day.  Whatever you get up to, don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!  
     

4 comments:

  1. So exciting the books..Lol Marie it is a perfect weight and I have done that too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny story about your smiling monkey photo. The man who took it was sued by PETA because they said he took the photo without the monkey's permission and then profited from it. They said the monkey owned the copyright and all proceeds should have gone to the monkey!!!
    There was a long drawn out court case which in the end resulted in the man paying 25% of all profits to wildlife protection agencies!
    It's a mad old world sometimes!
    Got the advance preview of your book and will be buying a few more for my girls as stocking gifts. Small issue on the very back cover (of my book at least), they don't have the correct URL link for your blog, it's easy enough to find because they name your blog, but thought once it's a huge success they could correct it on the reprint :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of fun Friday finds. I like the little cranberry wreaths and cupcake liner Christmas tree garland. You must be so excited to have your books arrive. Congratulations! I'm hoping to get your Christmas package ready to mail on Monday. And all my cards mailed, too. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds today! Yes, let’s bring back paper bags! Congrats on the book….I’m waiting for mine to arrive, I’m so excited ! Happy weekend, drive safe in the rain!
    xo,V

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!