Friday 17 December 2021

My Friday Finds . . .

  


With just one week to go before the big day, I thought it would be fun to share some goodies that are on my want to bake list this year. Of course I won't be able to bake a fraction of them, and I may end up just sticking to the things I usually bake, but in any case we can all enjoy drooling over these! This year is a bit of a challenge because there are no rice crispies or cornflakes to be found anywhere! That means no peanut butter balls or frying pan cookies.  Sigh  . . .


  


There is no link for this one. I think it is probably a shortbread or a sugar cookie. Cut into a rectangle and beautifully  decorated.  Have you got the patience?   




All Recipes.  Pecan Pie Cookies.  Oh my goodness but these look some tasty!  





Betty Crocker. Holiday Tree Brownies.   



Baked Bree.  Christmas Light Cupcakes.   



 

A Family Feast.  Pasta Frolla Christmas Jam Cookies.  I love LOVE jam cookies! 




Simplee Thrifty. Santa Legs Oops Cupcakes.   


 


Jo and Sue. Homemade Bits and Bites.  Have made this in the past.  Always good.



No link, but what a pretty cake.  I suspect a cake baked in a bowl and then decorated like this. Maybe the pompom on  top is a cupcake. White icing, piping bag, great decorating skills. Are you up for it?


 



Nurse Loves Farmer. Homemade Poppycock. My sister used to make this every year.   



The First year Blog. Sticky Paws, a Williams Sonoma copycat recipe.   




 Land O Lakes. Caramel Nut Log.   




For the Family.  Coconut Snowballs.   
 

  


Christmas Blog.  Christmas Cranberry Buckle with Sugar Cookie Streusel.  Yummy! 




Lord Byron's Kitchen.  Glace Cherry Shortbread. I could really go for these! 


  


Gastrosenses.  Cranberry and Pomegranate Pavlova.  I am seriously considering Pavlova for Christmas dessert this year.  




Ms Goody Two Shoes.  Brown Sugar and Walnut Rugelach. Love Rugelach. 

 
 

Style Sweet. Christmas Cream Puffs with Cranberry Compote. 

 



Me and Make Tea. Christmas Pudding Oreos. No bake and so cute! 




Fruitcake Cookies. Noshing with the Nolands.  Yummy yummy! 

And there you have it!  A beautiful variety of Christmas goodies to tempt the holiday palate! 

We had this online Zoom Relief Society party last night. I think its really wonderful that we have the technology to do things like this nowadays, but it still makes me sad that people can't get together anymore like they used to do.  No singing in church again now, a step backward.  Will we ever see the end of this???

Have been trying to book an appointment for a Booster, but all of the clinics are fully booked.  I will keep trying. Sigh  . . . if they made these things a bit easier to procure, then maybe more people would get them. Why does everything have to be so complicated???


 
A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Be happy.
Not because everything
is good, but because
you see the good side
of everything.•。★★ 。* 。  




In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Chicken, Cranberry and Pecan Salad Wedges.  Deliciously simple to make. So not messy to eat!

Have a wonderful Friday!  Whatever you get up to, don't forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!     



10 comments:

  1. I want to bake everything :)As of 6 PM last night..we were told stricter rules start Monday.Christmas is now 10 people..etc etc etc..This variant is so transmittable.
    My friend in town and her family have it..
    She had just had her booster..so it's not the save-all..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all thought we would be safer with the vaccine/booster, etc. It seems we must be ever vigilant. Sigh . . . xoxo

      Delete
  2. All your choices look so good. Truthfully, I've never met a Christmas cookie that I haven't liked. I love them all and I have a sweet tooth. This is the time of year, I start gaining weight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I wish it was only a once a year thing with me Pam! lol I am a total glutton I think. xoxo

      Delete
  3. These all look so delicious. Very cute cake hat. Hope you can get your booster soon. We're scheduled for January 5th. Take good care when you're out and about. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Elaine. Good on you for being scheduled! Still trying here. Love and hugs and stay safe! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Oh my...all that sweetness...so tempting!! As to the idiots who make rules...HOW can someone with a respiratory illness SING??? As someone who used to sing for church, yes, even solos at times...I can tell you I COULD NOT SING if not in top shape respiratory-wise...making rules about singing in church can only have been done by ignorance, or by malice. No other reasonable explanation. So in my view, it is simply dishing out prejudice against religion! SHAMEFUL!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are just trying to keep people safe. This new variant is so transmittable. I go along with whatever I am told will keep everyone safer. I guess I am just a rule follower. It has not let me down yet! Love. xoxo

      Delete
  5. Hi Marie~

    I will echo you...will it ever end?! After having it, I truly don't want it again, it was horrible! I hardly ever see anyone wearing a mask here, and church meetings are back to normal, no changes at all. We opted out of the ward Christmas party because, but I understand that there was no social distancing or masks there either. It makes me sad because I, like so many others, know first hand how dangerous this virus is...so scary!

    On a lighter note...I think I just gained 10 pounds reading your post :0) It all looks so delicious! I will be baking tomorrow, so I may have to bread down and make one of these recipes, we'll see!

    Have a good week-end, Marie! XOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry that you and Bob were both stricken with this virus Barb, but pleased you are feeling better. I think people are being very foolhardy in their lack of care. You see it all over the place. Scary! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!