Wednesday 29 December 2021

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

  


FOR TODAY, December 29th, 2021

Outside my window ...
It has snowed during the night. Everything looks cool, pristine and silent. I love the silence after a snowfall. You could hear a pin drop.

I am thinking ...
Apparently several of the people who agreed to do endorsements of my new book haven't done so. Now the publisher is on at me for not fulfilling my contractual obligations.  I wish people wouldn't say they will do something and then not do it.  I am grateful for those who did endorse it however. Now I need to find someone else, and quickly.  NOTE - an endorsement is not the same as a review of the book.  There were only three endorsements needed and they were simply a few lines about me as a person, writer, cook, blogger, etc.  The actual reviews of the book are entirely different and I am totally in line with those!  Sorry for any confusion!

I am thankful for ...
Family. My health. My home. My faith. I have much to be grateful for. 

In the kitchen ... 



Cordon Bleu Sliders for two.  With turkey, ham, a honey-mustard mayo, cranberry horseradish sauce and swiss cheese.  Topped with everything bagel spice. These made a nice light lunch. Delicious! (I know, I say that about everything, but it' true!) 

On my "To Cook" list ... 


A Wicked Whisk.  This looks like a refreshing way to begin the day! 

Good to know ... 
 

From Mother's Niche.  

I am wanting to create ... 



Yesterday afternoon I went over to my sisters and we did some art together.  We did a Mini Monday Madness from Ellen Crimi-Trent on YouTube.  This was mine. Mind didn't turn out to look overly much like hers, but its okay.



Purl Soho on Ravelry. Love these vintage baby patterns. 




Cannot find the source, but love this. 



Still loving this.  Sigh . . .  



FAb ARt DIY  Another version I like even more! 

I am reading ... 


SAFE PASSAGE, by Carla Kelly
It’s 1912, the beginning of the Mexican Revolution—and the Mormon colonists must flee to the United States. When his estranged wife is mistakenly left behind, Ammon Hancock goes back to rescue her. But when he finds her, he must coax her to follow him to safety… and maybe even love him again. This revolution could be the very thing that ends their war of hearts. 

I have read several of Carla's books in the past and really enjoyed them. 

Dreaming about ... 

 

A whale of a butter dish . . . 

 


Blue and White Plates  . . . 

 

Pie  . . . 

 

Blue and white tea cups  . . . 

 
(source


Ripe figs  . . . 

Something to watch ... 



Vigil on Prime, starring Surrane Jones  ... fabulous

Makes me smile ... 

 

Hens and chicks in the garden  . . . 

Corners of my kingdom ... 

 

Outside my back door this morning  . . . .

A thought to carry with you  ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.At two o’clock in the morning, 
if you open your window and listen, 
You will hear the feet of the Wind 
that is going to call the sun. 
And the trees in the Shadow rustle 
and the trees in the moonlight glisten, 
And though it is deep, dark night, 
you feel that the night is done.
~Rudyard Kipling•。★★ 。* 。 

And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!  
     


7 comments:

  1. I think your painting turned out lovely, Marie. Loved those scarves, too. And the blue and white china - gorgeous. I liked Rudyard Kipling's thought to carry with you. No snow here. Pretty dull and grey, though. Enjoy your day. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE just finished Vigil..we liked it too..I do like Rose Leslie a lot:)She never overacts..and her face tells a million tales.
    Come on people if you said you would endorse..well..do it.
    Your word should be a word one can count on..

    ReplyDelete
  3. No snow here, was supposed to get some but never did, just fine by me. Shame about people not following through on endorsements, hopefully you can get someone else. I will check out the links for the scarves, need to get some knitting to do. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to let you know I will be doing my review later today or tomorrow but I have actually ordered a book as well as having the one you gifted me. That way Amazon shows the review coming from someone who chose to buy the book instead of having to declare it was a gifted copy. When I checked the site yesterday, it said the book wasn't published until Feb 4th in the USA, I then realised that was the hardback version. My book is out for delivery today and I will be able to review it as a verified buyer then. Sorry if this has caused you any issues. By the way, I love the book, I have kept your copy and bought the other one for a friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gave a review but do not understand what or where I am suppose to do an endorsement. I lost your email. Maybe others did not understand as well?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just sent you an email, Marie...let me know if there is some way I can help you...knowing I do not use FB nor any other such...nor do I have a blog. But happy to write of how I feel about your recipes you so nicely share here!! Etc...
    Hugs, Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved your painting. I think it is awesome that you do this with your sister.
    I do hope you get the endorsements you want. I find what you are doing, amazing.
    The slider looks delicious, and I do love a good Pina Colada.
    I loved the neck scarf a lot. Blue dishes are my favorite.
    The book sounds good, I will try that author.
    Loved this daybook one as always. Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!