Thursday 16 December 2021

My Favorite Things . . .

 

 

A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitter pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    I'm pretty sure however, that these things mainly make my own heart sing.   

 


The wonder of that first snowfall of the year.  I have loved it ever since I was a child.  There is just so much magic in the air when it arrives.  Its snowing right  now. 


 

Gingerbread houses. I used to make one every year when the children were growing up. Such fun. 


 

Mistletoe.  I can still remember how excited I was when I actually saw it in the wild. We were in the South of France with our friends Audrey and Peter Lee. We took a hike around this lake one day and the trees were loaded with it! 


 

The artwork and journals of Edith Holden.  I had to leave mine behind in the UK, but I hope one day to replace it. 


 

I have always loved the art and post cards of this person. I wish I knew where I could buy some. 


 

The holly and the ivy  . . . when they are both full grown, of all the trees that are in the wood, the holly bears the crown. 


 

Warm socks.  I recently bought myself some diabetic ones and they are lovely and warm and don't leave sock marks on my legs and are not overly restricting.


 

Wreaths.  I think I am about the only person on the street without one.  I just couldn't afford the expense this year.  They cost a lot!  Gouchers Farm Market in Kingston had all of their wreaths stolen! Seriously!  What kind of person does things like that! 


 

Winter sunsets. There is a special glow to them this time of year. 


 

Christmas cookies  . . .  I just wish I didn't like eating them! 


 

Clementines  . . . love the taste and the smell . . .  they are a part and parcel of Christmas each year. 


 

The Christmas lights . . .  I used to love taking the children around to see them each year.  Some people really make a beautiful effort this time of year. 


 

The candles of Advent and Advent wreaths.  I used to do one each year when the children were growing up. Its a wonderful way of putting more Christ into your Christmas.


 

 

 Reindeer  . . . . 


 

Jingle bells  . . .  



Brown paper packages tied up in string  . . . 

 

Snowmen  . . .  or should I say people?  Dogs?


 

Christmas Bells  . . .  especially church bells  . . . 


 

Whether you celebrate Christmas, or Hanukkah, or Kwanza, this is the most beautiful time of year to remember our loved ones with joy.  I know it can be a very sad time of year for many, especially for those who are on their own. Do you know someone who is on their own?  Why not give them a call, or drop over a card, in person?  I guarantee it will brighten up most people's days to no end!  



I took this photograph of my two babies yesterday afternoon.  They love each other so much.  I love them so much. They are almost too big for their basket, but they crawl in there together anyways!



I had sent away for this cat toy a few months ago.  It looked like something they would really enjoy. It arrived yesterday. The cats love it!  It is keeping them amused to no end. It moves around by itself and then goes to sleep for a while, then it wakes up again, etc. It spins, rolls, etc.  The lights flash and change colour.  I was a bit concerned after those other things I had sent for ended up being junk, but this is worth every penny I paid. You can recharge it, so it doesn't take batteries. I think its fabulous!

I had a nice time with dad and his friend last night. The one lady has stopped coming on Wednesday nights because she doesn't like driving in the dark.  Dad and I broke with tradition for once!  He had a spaghetti dinner and I had the small eaters turkey dinner.  It was good!   I thought so at any rate, but best of all was the company.

And with that I will leave you with a thought for the day  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*.˛.Remembrance like a candle
burns brightest at Christmas time.
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。 



In The English Kitchen today, ten festive desserts that you can enjoy over the holidays! All very simple to make.  All delicious.  Most things you can make ahead of time.  Fabulously tasty! 

Have a wonderful Thursday.  I hope it is a special day for each of you, no matter what you get up to, or wherever you go.  Be blessed, be safe, be happy and don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!  
     


7 comments:

  1. Hi Marie..in Oct on IG my post with the OCT card..I mentioned I got my cards at Stationaryhaven.
    https://stationeryheaven.nl/

    Hope this helps.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All fun Christmas favourites today, Marie. Here's an idea for a Christmas wreath that is pretty and pretty cheap. Wrap feather boas from the $ store around a styrofoam wreath base. The more boas, the fluffier it is. No decorations needed, just a plush bow. So pretty. Or make one of strips cut from plastic garbage bags tied to a wire coat hanger shaped into a circle. Bonus, these are weather-proof. Google them to get directions and images. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello today, hope you are having a good day. I'm sure your cats (which are getting really big) will enjoy the new cat toy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, so lovely you get to go out to eat with your dad and his friends these days!! And the kitties are so cute too...looks like they really are growing!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marie~

    I'm so sorry that I have been so slow in commenting! It has been a rough winter for us, but it's getting better ;0) I so hope that you hear from your friend, that's so hard. I have asked one of my daughters to let my blogging friends know if something were to happen to me. I pray she never has to do that, but at least she knows. I just love this post, so many beautiful things to look at! How many times in the past did you dream about having lunch with your dad?! What a dream come true for you, and I know that you treasure every second! You have come a very long way, Marie, and I hope you know that you are truly one of my heroes. Those kittens! Oh my goodness, you should have that photo printed, how adorable!! I can't believe how big they are getting, what a blessing in your life! Your Christmas desserts look so delicious! I am trying to get my baking done for Christmas, I'm hoping to get it done today. Have a wonderful, snowy week sweet friend! XOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. That first photograph could well have been me sitting in grade school, but staring out the window. The first few flakes, cause for celebration! Say, I used my Googlelens app on that sweet December print. It identified the artist as being Elsa Beskow; perhaps Etsy or Amazon might have her prints in card stock?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was fun to read through your Christmas favorites. I love many of the same things. I love Christmas lights, the first snowstorm, cookies, or any desserts and many of the other items.
    I love the things you do with your Dad; such treasured moments.
    Have a sweet weekend, dear friend!
    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!