Thursday 30 December 2021

My Favorite Things . . .

 

 
  


A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitter pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    I'm pretty sure however, that these things mainly make my own heart sing.     

Today a my favorite things of 2021 version. It may not have been the easiest year for most of us with Covid, etc. but there were plenty of things to be happy about! 



 
It was a year of tremendous growth and healing for me.  I started it off feeling very broken, but with the love, help and support of family, friends, faith, etc. I am ending it in a very different frame of mind.  What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and I feel much stronger.  Feeling stronger and growing in positive ways.  A favorite thing of 2021. 
 



Being able to do things for and spend time with my dad.  A huge favorite from 2021.  This was the Lac St Jean tortiere my sister and I had made for him at New Years. We are going to make him one for his birthday this year.  Stay tuned!  



 

The Canadian Winter. After 20 years without a real Winter, this was really refreshing. I love snow.  I don't love driving in it, but I love the pristine feeling and the way the air feels after a fresh snowfall. 

 

 


Paint days with my sister.  Getting my toes wet again, but the best part is being able to do this with my sister. My best friend of 63 years.  What a great blessing. 




My sister is so talented in everything she does.  I have really enjoyed renewing our relationship/friendship and getting close again this year. Oh, we were never really far apart, but its been a real blessing for me to be able to bridge the distance between us and to be amigos again in real time rather than internet time.  She has always been and is my best friend. 

 


Not only are we best friends, but we became Soul Sisters this year.  We each got a soul, mine red, hers blue.  Being able to drive again, feeling comfortable about it,  after many years of not driving has been wonderful.  I felt as if I had my freedom back.  That's a very special thing.  I was a bit nervous at first, but it all feels quite good now. 



Moving into my very first forever after home. It was quite a journey, but I finally got there.  I was ever so grateful for my sister and Dan having put up with me for the six months I was with them, but it was nice as well to finally be able to move into my own place. 

 


The fun of moving into my new place, furnishing and decorating itself and putting my own stamp on it. It is an ongoing process.  The trick is not to fill it with a bunch of tat and things I don't need.  I didn't go through all that pain of downsizing just to clutter up my life again.  



Adventures with Chippy.  They were great fun.  I enjoyed his daily visits.  He/she was getting quite tame by the end of the summer and into the autumn. 


 

Experiencing the bright autumn colors of North America again. I enjoyed that so much!


 

Getting my two little babies.  They were really tiny when they first moved in, but have grown a lot since them.  They are almost six months old now and wonderful little forces of energy. 

 

They used to fit in the bowl on my coffee table  . . . 



Now they hardly fit in their scratching post basket  . . . 

One thing they fit really well in however, is  . . .  my life!  They have added immeasurable joy to it! 

 

Being able to write and publish another book. That is pretty exciting and it seems to be well received so far. I am sorry if I confused people yesterday with my bit about endorsers.  Endorsers are not reviewers. They are people who are supposed to endorse my skills as a cook/writer/blogger/person. There were only five of them. I needed three. So far only two have fulfilled it.  I was a bit disappointed that the others haven't because that affects my contract obligations. And if I don't fulfil them, then I will be in breach of my contract.  It has nothing to do with actual book reviews.  Those are a completely different thing.

In any case, getting to write a new book is a one of my favorite things, even if I never get paid for it.  I still really enjoyed the process! 

 

I got to see and spend time with two of my grandsons this year.  That was a real favorite thing.  Josh and Jon (actually last December), and of course my son Doug and his wife Kayla.  Spending time with family was a great blessing. 

 
Jon and Josh


Family truly is every thing. I have also gotten to spend quality time with Eileen and Tim off and on through the year, which has been another favorite thing of mine. 


 

Getting to see the old family farm, and going to visit mom's grave.  My Uncle Harold's birthday, my cousins.  All of those have been favorite things this year.  Well, not that my mom is gone, per se , but at least being able to visit her grave, which is something I could not do before. 

 

The many kindnesses of others scattered throughout my year.  From friends, family, YOU all.  They have not been taken for granted, but have been greatly appreciated and valued.  All of this has been part of my recovery and a huge blessing in my life.  Certainly one of the greatest of my favorite things. 

 


 
This has just been a really good year.  Filled with abundance and plenty of things that brought me joy and peace and happiness.  Thank you all for being a part of that.  From the bottom of my heart.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛The broken hearted are 
the bravest among us.
They dared to love.
~Brene Brown•。★★ 。* 。   




In The English Kitchen today  . . .  How to make a Breakfast Board, with Cookies N' Cream waffles, silver dollar pancakes, bacon, sausage, cheesy scrambled eggs, etc.

I hope your day is filled with some of your favorite things.  Don't forget!  

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too.






10 comments:

  1. 2021 was truly a banner year for you, Marie. Let's hope 2022 will bring an end to Covid. Hope that 3rd endorser comes through for you. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine. I hope that they will. Its a very simple process. Yes, lets hope that 2022 sees the end of Covid! I, like many others, have had enough! I know you have too! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. A stellar year⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much MOnique! I have nothing to complain about! Happy New Year! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Ugggg now my posts are not put up? How can I endorse if I don't know how!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please don't worry about it Linda. You were not one of the endorsers. I don't want anyone to be upset about this! As far as reviewing the book goes, if you scroll down to the bottom of the amazon page for the book there is a place where you can click on the link and it is very easy to enter your review so long as you have a viable Amazon account and do order from the site from time to time. But please don't worry about it. I hate to think you are upset about this. Please don't be. xoxo

      Delete
    2. I did enter my review. I loved the book and how easy you made the recipes for me to understand. You went to a lot of trouble to make sure we in the states knew where to buy and understand the English ingredients. Thank you.

      Delete
  4. When I think about the challenging year you have been through I can only think that next year, 2022 is going to be better !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marie~

    Well, this year is almost over and it has certainly had it's good times and bad...but, it really makes me so happy when I hear you talk about all the positive things in your life! You have really had so many blessings and so many special moments my friend! I pray that 2022 bring just as much joy and happiness! XOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has been an amazing year for you Marie, many more days forward than backwards. Hoping things continue for you in 2022.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!