Monday 6 November 2023

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 




"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny? It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard 


 A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.




Sunday Night Romantic Movies Night. For years I was denied the pleasure of watching romantic films because the men I was with did not like "chick flicks."  I have designated Sunday nights now as Romantic Movie Night in my home!  And I am enjoying it.  This week I watched The Vow, starring Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum.  It was really good and it was based on a true story as well. Romance and true stories. I love the combination!

Any suggestions for which one I should watch next Sunday?

So far I have watched : The Vow, Bridges of Madison County, The Lake House




Sunday supper with Cindy, Dan and Dad.  I love that my sister includes me each week. It is nice to be a part of a family and to have a best friend who is my sister. We have been doing things together for a very long time.  I really missed her when I was in the U.K.  I hope I never have to live far away from her ever again.





Look at what she picked up for me at a flea market!  Its an egg holder and I love it.  Most of all I love that she thought of me when she saw this and then gifted me with it! That was so thoughtful of her. Her thinking was that it might make a good prop in my food photos and she is right! It would! How blessed am I to have a sister who thinks of me when she is out and about.

No surprise there. She is always thinking of other people.  She is one of the kindest people that I know. She always has been.




I love my new composter.  It was not cheap but it does a wonderful job.  No smell. No bugs. Just fresh compost to throw in the garden. Not messy in the least. I have had a love/hate relationship with my little green bin. On our street we each have a small green bin.  When it is full we empty it at a larger green bin at the end of the street. I was finding that by the time I got mine full it was leaking and gross and so messy.  I hated it.  Mind you, not everything will go into my Lomi, but most of my green bin waste will and that's a good thing.  I can even compost the packaging my Lomi came in, which I am doing a little bit at a time. I thought about buying this for quite a number of months.  I am glad that I finally decided to. Its a good thing as Martha would say.




Going to church on Sunday mornings and being able to partake of the Sacrament each week. I know I say this all the time, but it is really important to me and I consider it a great blessing and a gift. Those few years when we were unable to do so were a hardship.  But we got through them. Being able to attend now is an extra special blessing. Yesterday was Fast and Testimony meeting. The first Sunday of each month is given over to fasting and bearing your testimony. I love to hear other people's testimonies. They help to strengthen my own and it is nice to hear how God is working in other people's lives.  It has always been one of my favorite meetings to attend.





My latest blanket is growing and I love the colors.  I already have the yarn to make my next one. It is a great impetus for  me to finish this one, and helps to spur me on!  I based the colors of my next one on  . . . 

 


the colors of this flower arrangement. Blues, pale greens, rusts, oranges, ivory, golds, browns.   I hope it turns out nice.  I just fell in love with this combination of colors. I won't want to give it away!!  I have enough now for one whole family of grandchildren and half of another. Maybe when Doug comes later this month I can give him the ones for his boys.




These two little munchkins. They have sure grown a lot since I first got them. They would not both be able to lay together on a tv tray now!  I love them so much. They have added a beautiful dimension to my life. I am so grateful for them.






The gift of a beautiful sunrise each morning. I open my eyes each morning and thank God for giving me another day. I am so blessed to be living the life I am living.  There is nothing about it that I would trade with anyone else. It is perfect just as it is.

I am blessed.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
•。★★ 。* 。
 *.˛.No pessimist ever discovered
the secrets of the stars,
or sailed to an uncharted land,
or opened a new heaven
to the human spirit.
~Helen Keller•。★★ 。* 。
•。★★ 。* 。




In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Air Fryer Acorn Squash.  This was fabulously delicious and cooked perfectly in the Air Fryer.  It is a handy recipe to have when your oven is being used for other things, yet you still want some squash as a side. You can eat it as it is, or scoop it out and mash it. Delicious either way.


I hope your week ahead is filled to overflowing with abundance. Along the way of your week, don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    

   

9 comments:

  1. Hi Marie, A Journal For Jordan. Based on a true story. (Bev from MF)

    ReplyDelete
  2. An adorable egg holder, I see devilled eggs in there. The Lomi seems perfect for you. You are making wonderful progress on your blankets. Treasured items for sure. It is rainy today, so probably no outside work for me. I've been raking leaves each day for a little while to get some exercise and fresh air at the same time. Guess I'll have to dust the bookshelves instead. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its really cute for sure! It is beautiful and sunny here today. It would be a great day for a walk. Instead I am cleaning out my freezer. The cats are really interested, lol. I knew they would be! Not long now until your op! I am keeping you in my happy thoughts! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Love your blankets, your kitcats and that cute egg holder…all wonderful, especially that Cindy! Happy Monday, V.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute egg holder!! So glad your sister is ever thinking of you!!
    Elizabeth xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marie , a good movie is The Way We Were with Barbra Streisand and Robert Redford . It's an oldie but goodie .

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Umbrellas of Cherbourg (1964) Unusual because absolutely all the dialog is sung. Lovely movie.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!