Thursday 16 November 2023

My Favorite Things . . .

 


Sharing today a few things that I really love to do, eat, experience, enjoy  . . .  maybe you will enjoy them too. 


 


Sour Dough Bread. I never quite mastered it myself, but I always buy it when I buy bread.  I haven't tried it since moving back to Canada. Perhaps its time to try again.


 


This at every level.  I love my uncomplicated life. I truly am blessed with a life which is abundantly filled with simplicity. I could ask for nothing more. This is bliss.





I love my Blythe Doll, a gift from Elaine. Her name is Diadamy.  Diadamy was the name of my third great Grandmother.  This is a Christmas outfit that I got for her. It arrived yesterday all the way from Slovenia. I could not wait to dress her up in it.  Its so cute! Nobody could have given me a lovelier gift than this doll.  I am making up for my lack of dolls in my childhood with Diadamy!


 

Something warm to wrap up in on these cooler mornings and nights. You can never have too many blankets in my opinion!


 


Ceramics with words on them.  Plates, bowls, casseroles, cups  . . .  I love them all.  Dishes with a message to share?  Why not!




Tortoiseshell glasses. Tortoiseshell anything. Hair clips, etc.  I love the stuff.


 


Whether good comes back to you or not, just do it. A life filled with doing good things for others is a life worth living. It is its own reward.


 

Rings  . . .  I love rings.  I like earrings also, but only rarely wear them now.  Rings though, I wear them all the time.


 


Pretty pillows and pillow cases.  I love linens full stop. They are one of my weaknesses.


 


Yes  . . .  forgiveness is a gift you give yourself.  Nine times out of ten the person who has offended or hurt you don't even know they did it, or even care that they did if they do.  Holding onto it does you a great disservice. Just forgive and move on.


 

Hair ornaments.  I love them. I don't really have any, but I love them. Not sure I have enough hair to hold them in these days, but one can dream.


 

Mittens. I love them more than gloves.  You can't beat a warm pair of handknit mittens. 


 

Prettily wrapped presents.  I am not so good at this skill unfortunately, but I try.


 


Cinnamon anything  . . .  I love cinnamon anything. Just the smell alone is enough.


 


Pockets . . . pockets always come in handy. I love having pockets.


 

The art of messy hair.  I wish I could master it  . . . 


 


Exactly  . . . 


And those are my favorite things for today!  I hope some of them were yours also!


I am out to lunch with my friend Jacquie today. We are going to a place called Farmer's Family Diner which is a bit away. I have not eaten there in years, but from what I remember they have really good food there. It is a bit more expensive than the place we go to locally, but I don't mind paying a bit more if the food is good.


A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★•。★★ 。* 。
 *.˛.I believe in hard work.•。★★ 。* 。
It keeps the wrinkles out of•。★ 。* 。
the  mind and the spirit.•。 。* 。
~Helena Rubinstein° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ 




In The English Kitchen today  . . .  not so fond of my photos of this, but it was really delicious.  Crockpot Mac & Cheese.  Rich and tasty.

I hope you have a beautiful day!  Keep Linda in your thoughts and prayers as she is having her knee replacement today!  Praying all goes well Linda!  Love and hugs! Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 

⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    

   



2 comments:

  1. Oh, my, Marie, what a beautiful Christmas outfit you gave to Diadamy. She looks so sweet. I love the red plaid. It always looks Christmasy to me. Enjoy your lunch with Jacquie. Will pray for Linda. Love and hugs, Elaine (in Toronto).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diadamy looks so cute and festive.I agree that was so nice of Elaine.You love that doll.And always have.Love words..Passé I know but I still have large ones in my home.Love hair ornaments:) rarely wear them but I have a few..Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!