Thursday 30 November 2023

My Favorite Things . . .

 

 



Sharing today a few things that I really love to do, eat, experience, enjoy  . . .  maybe you will enjoy them too.  




I love today's calendar quote!  That's how I try to live my life! 


 


Charlie Brown's Christmas. It has been a part of my Christmas traditions since my childhood.


 


Snowman cookies. They make me smile.




Cold but sunny.  The sun rise this morning  . . .  out front . . . 


 


The first real snowfall of the year.  Yay!  I know some people hate it, but it brings out the wonder in me.


 


Holiday music. I have been listening to Michael Bublé Christmas music on YouTube for a few days now. Very festive and you know how much I like Michael Bublé!


 

Brown paper packages tied up in string  . . . 


 


Holiday wreaths  . . .  I put mine up yesterday!  I love it!


 


Holiday baking  . . .  I love it.


 

Christmas Candles  . . .  love these  . . . 


 

Jacquie Lawson Christmas Cards  . . .  they are the best.


 



This  .  .  .  so true  .  .  . 


 


A gingerbread house  . . .  love them  . . . 


 


Snow globes . . . .  I love them.  I had a really nice one once. My sister in law had given it to us. It only lasted a day before curious fingers broke it.  Fate. 


 


Sparkly stars  . . . 


 


Candy Canes  . . . 


 


Hot chocolates with lots of cream  . . .  yummy . . . 


And those are my favorite things for this week. I hope some of them were your favorites also!


A thought to carry with you  . . . 



° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★•。★★ 。* 。
 *.˛.Ignorance is the curse of God;
Knowledge is the wing•。★★ 。* 。
wherewith we fly to heaven.•。★★ 。* 。
~Williuan Shakespeare° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •

 



I have nothing new to share today, but I am sharing my recipe for Whipped Shortbread cookies in the English Kitchen.  I make these every year. They are the best!


I hope you have a really lovely day.  I am taking my friend Jacquie out for lunch today to celebrate her birthday which was yesterday. I am looking forward to that!  Whatever you get up to, stay safe and stay warm!  Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════     


And I do too!    

   



8 comments:

  1. Love all your Christmas favourites, Marie. I make whipped shortbreads, too, every year. Enjoy your lunch with Jacquie. Love and hugs, Elaine (in Toronto)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elaine! I think whipped shortbreads are the best! xoxo

      Delete
  2. So glad you put you wreath up. Have a wonderful lunch with Jacqui.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this time of year..away from it all..not really but a sweet distraction.I adore the seasons.Bet your cookies are delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the seasons also! Enjoy Monique! xoxo

      Delete
  4. How lovely to take your friend out for lunch, such a nice memory for you both! Those cookies sound yummy! Happy day. V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much V! We had a lovely time! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!