Friday 3 November 2023

My Friday Finds . . .

 


A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become, inspire memories . . . maybe they will do the same for you! 





From The Knitting Space.  Simple garter stitch knit slippers.  A free pattern.




Knitted Stockholme Scarf.  Free pattern from Ravelry.  I love Ravelry.




The Slow Cooker Buyers Guide, from Recipes that Crock.   How to pick the best slow cooker suited to your own needs.  I have two, one larger one for when I am feeding a crowd and a smaller one for when I only want to feed one or two people.


 


An invaluable resource for the Water Colourest, or beginning Water Colourest.  Today's Plans.  Free lessons and tips. 




A handy tip.  Glue a magnet to the back of something.   Stick a thumb tack into the wall.  Presto!




Another handy tip for a pourable mason jar.  People are just so clever!  From Adventure Ideaz.




 How to set a proper table.  I learned all of this at school, but I don't know if girls are still taught these things today.  These things are good to know! I was really grateful for this knowledge when I went to work at the manor!  It came in very handy!




60 Delicious Appetisers for the Holidays.  From Country Living.




21 Free Gift Tag Printables.  From Shanty 2 Chic.


 



 15 Free Christmas Printables from How To Nest for Less.




Holiday Home in a Star.  From Split Coast Stampers.





Christmas Card Shadow Box. No link.  Just eye candy.




Double Thick Dish Cloths.  From Yarnspirations




 Ear Bud holder thingie from EsLaModa.




Cute Little Toadstools.  From Nanie Cousette.  They're filled with Lavendar.




The cutest little thread catcher.  A place to put all your snippets while you are working.  From Gigi Quilts.  A tutorial.




Got a long scarf? An interesting way to tie it.





How to measure for the perfect Bra Size.  From Life Hacker.


 


Created by Diane.  Mason Jar Lid Mini Pies.   Yum!  I love pies.





Santa Hat Pretzels.  So cute.  From The Instructables.




DIY Gift Bags.  From Designer Trapped.




Button Ornaments.  From Wytography.   I love LOVE the snowman. 




Free Knitted Snowman Pattern from Flutterby Patch.





DIY Cake Stands using thrift store finds.   I could not find a source, but this is a brilliant idea.  You could also use glasses or stemware for the pedestals so long as they were sturdy. 




Add legs to a cutting board for a really fancy cheese tray.  I love it!  From Ms Smartie Pants.





DIY Memory Board using vintage fabrics and lace.  From  Penty de Val.  No  instructions.  Just eye candy.




 The Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar. Not sure how true any of this is, but it all sounds good!




 From Skinny Mom.  Helpful tips for proportional servings plus other tips.



 

Veggie Cooking Cheat Sheet.




An envelope travel journal.  From Scrapbook Laurentides.


And those are my finds for this week. I hope you found something of value that you can use. I find lots more than this, but these are things I think you just might like. I hope that you did!


Cindy and I are off out again today. We need to pick up Dad's prescriptions as they didn't have them ready when we were there the other day, and they are not open at the weekend. He gets his prescriptions from the Pharmacy at the Superstore and they shut on the weekend.


When we were in there the other day we noted that they had put up all kinds of gates and railings so that you can only go into the store in one direction and out of the store in one direction. If you need to go to the bathroom, you will have to go out of the store and all the way back in again. Its a bit ludicrous. Not that I like their bathrooms. They are always filthy and smell. I expect this has been done to cut back on shop lifting. With the cost of food today I expect that it is on the rise. 


And with that I will leave you with a thought for the day  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★•。★★ 。* 。
 *.˛.Happiness grows at our own firesides.
It is not to be picked in stranger's gardens.
~Douglas Jerrold° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •




In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Creamy Dijon Sauced Chicken with Mashed Potatoes. Quite simply delicious and built for just two.


I hope you have a wonderful Friday no matter what you get up to. It is quite cold here. I think the high today is going to be 9* so it will warm up a bit.  Whatever you do, wherever you go, stay safe and don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 

⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    

   



6 comments:

  1. Yep cold here too...HEAVY frost last night. It was in 80s a couple days ago and in a couple more days will be 70s again...such is life in the south however! WOW, lots of good info here today...thanks for all the gathering in of such!! As they say, One man's junk is another man's treasure...so great to make something useful from castoffs!!
    Elizabeth xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elizabeth! This time of year the weather can really fluctuate wildly! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I have the button ornaments, grandkids made me some for Christmas a few years ago. Got more Christmas shopping done yesterday after having blood work and x-rays at hospital for upcoming surgery. Got my hair cut this morning so was out early. It's about 8 to 10 Celsius today, supposed to be like this for a couple of days then back to normal chilly weather. Hope you had a good Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful that your grandkids made you those ornaments! What wonderful keepsakes! I am praying your surgery goes well. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Lots of great finds today ! Enjoy your day, happy weekend and thanks for sharing. xxoo, V.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!