Wednesday 18 February 2015

Positive Wednesday . . .


 photo tumblr_mx7959JbWc1qb851so1_500_zpswujegezu.jpg

There is something which is very unique about the month of February . . .  it is a month which stirs the heart  with an irrational but irrepressible joy.   Although the arrows of the rain fall sharp and cold from a wintery sky . . .  and the doors of the north are not yet barred against the threat of snow . . .  there is a glimmer of hope in the air.

Spring is just around the corner.  A ghost of a snowdrop flutters in the grass.   A blue light lingers on the edge of days which are lengthening . . .  and the voice of the thrush comes pouring down the wind. The  Blackbirds begin to canoodle and nest . . . they do a merry dance beneath the feeders in the back garden . . . it's fun to watch.

 photo tumblr_nj3yp3Bebk1qa9o05o1_400_zpshe137a6h.jpg

Beauty still lies hidden . . .  captives bound deep in the dungeons of the winter mud . . .  down in the cells of frozen clay where the riches of Spring are stored . . . patiently awaiting their impending escape.

The crocus is locked behind earthy walls . . .  where never a gleam of sunlight falls, but look . . .  she is breaking through the prison bars!  Slender bright green fingers point up towards the sky.

Hope is in the very air.

 photo tumblr_nfo37woYon1rco6noo1_500_zpsmeanrttt.jpg

It is a month of intimation and anticipation.  Twilights hold a peculiar blueness as they lengthen with the widening arc of the sun. The soil's crust is pricked with green pins.  The budded wands of silvery willow arch above the hedgrows where the hazels shake their yellow catkins in the wind above banks starred with celandines.

Spring is not yet come . . .  but it is not far off and the mind, ever in tune with the moods of nature . . . is aware of its impeding arrival.  It IS just around the corner.

 photo ffa5b36234e91f03eede7a7e066c2304_zpsj0yevbed.jpg

Turn around three times and click your heels.   "Spring is just around the corner."  "Spring IS just around the corner."   SPRING is just around the corner!"

 photo SAM_6866_zps04630fa7.jpg

 Mitzie is all buffed and puffed this morning after her grooming sesson yesterday.  She always leaves here looking like a Yetti and returns all silken smooth and smelling nice.

 photo DSCN0529_zps7fhdfl4c.jpg

Look what I did yesterday.  She's not quite finished.  I still have to attach a charm to her and make her some kind of accessory.  I think perhaps a picnic basket?  I am not sure yet.

 photo DSCN0533_zps3o6dqrgm.jpg

These are so much fun to make.  I got my pattern from  Verity Hope's Etsy Shop.  I know my creations are not as charming as her's are.   Her stuff is pretty amazing.  I love, LOVE the clothing she designs.  I wish that I were thin so that I could wear them.  Sigh  . . . nevermind, in Heaven I WILL be thin!



We enjoyed our pancakes for supper yesterday, did you?   I also cooked some apple and thyme sausages and we had cold sliced peaches with them.  So good!

With that I will leave you with a thought for today  . . .

 ❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥
Whenever you find yourself
doubting how far you can go,
just remember how far you have come.
Remember everything you have faced,
all the battles you have won, 
and all the fears you have overcome.
~Unknown
 ❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥

 photo Pierogi 3_zpspdikeokv.jpg

Cooking in The English Kitchen today  . . .  Farmer's Cheese Filled Pierogi.


Have a wonderful Wednesday filled with positivity! Don't forget

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too.


11 comments:

  1. I hope that today is a brilliant day for you Marie. The little doll is adorable. My day has been long as i did not sleep well last night and have struggled since. We have a tropical storm heading our way and my body aches. I hoping for rain and am draining the tank. Because our water is for emergency use it becomes quite stagnant in there. The one time we did have to use it I learnt a lesson. If the weather people are right the tank will be refilled with fresh water over the weekend.

    God bless your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't sleep well last night either Suzan. It was a very dreamy sleep and I kept waking up. I hope you get the water you are hoping for, although the idea of a tropical storm frightens me! Stay safe. Hope your aches and pains go off soon! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie it won't be too strong when it gets here if history is correct. Please don't be concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for letting me know Suzan! I hope you are right! Fingers crossed! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Marie for your kind link to my Verity Hope doll page, your little dolls are so sweet! Oh and Mitzie is a very handsome young Man all spruced up and ready for the Spring! Have a lovely day, Susannah X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your writing, you truly have a gift with words! You paint beautiful pictures with them. February doesn't quite feel like that this year, it's been a little bizarre. Snowstorms followed by warm, short-sleeve days, and everyone getting sick over and over. Ugh. My bulbs are starting to come up though, and I'm torn between being SO excited, and worried that another snowstorm will freeze them as they bloom! I love snow, and the last few winters here have been very disappointing in that respect, so I didn't want winter to end... this year we've gotten PLENTY of snow, and I am more than ready for spring! Happy Wednesday, your second doll is adorable too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Suzanna! We love Mitzie to pieces. She's our baby and rather spoiled! Glad you like the doll. You are my inspiration! Xxoo

    Thanks April. You are such a dear kind friend. Can't wait for September! Squeeee! Finally we will get to meet in person!mit will be great! Xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! Spring REALLY is right around the corner. Yippeeee!!! Marie, I love your sweet little dollies that you crafted! Mitzie looks so spiffy. Kyle said he never felt a silkier dog than Mitzie Doodle Dog! Love ya! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are gifted with words..and so much more..Your girls are so sweet Marie..
    Any charm you add to her will be perfect.Gosh they are cute.
    Love them..Mitzi kinda looks..like..here we go again..about what?:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love you too Valerie! You know all the missionaries love Mitzie. Not sure if they are just putting it on, or it they really do love her, but I know for sure she surely loves them! haha She has this thing about praying also. Wants to be in on it. As soon as we start she is right there. She is a very silky doggie. When Kyle was here she would have still been very puppyish. She's calmed down a LOT since then! xoxo

    Thanks Monique. I added a gingham peplum to the dress of yesterday and the charm, but am thinking I might also add a mini rag doll for her. We'll see! Mitzie hates going to the groomer and so she pouts a bit when she gets back, lol. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!