Wednesday 11 February 2015

I could never be wordless on a Wednesday . . .



 photo birthday014.jpg

A friend of ours just got a new puppy yesterday.   A Springer Spaniel/Collie cross.   Of course he is adorable.  This is a photograph of Mitzie the day we brought her home.  It was on my birthday five years ago this coming August.  It's hard to believe that she will be five years old in June!

 photo birthday010.jpg

She was such a brave little girl when I think about it.  I remember cradling her in my lap on the way home from where we got her.   She was so tiny.  Thinking back it must have been quite scary for her . . .  being away from her mother and siblings for the very first time . . .  and being with people she did not know.

 photo birthday008.jpg

When I look at the baby pictures of her she looks so white.   She would be mostly white if we were to let her hair grow out as long as it is supposed to be.   She has never really liked being fussed with when it comes to brushing and grooming . . .  so we keep her clipped fairly short.  It is hard to believe now that she was once smaller than our flower pots!

 photo birthday003.jpg

We had spent a few weeks puppy proofing our garden . . .  blocking off the grassed area from the patio part, making sure that she couldn't get near the pond.  That was my biggest fear.  Spaniels are supposed to love water and I was really afraid she would fall in and drown.

Shoulda known, she's not typical.   She is not fond of water at all.   And especially not baths.  Or is that every dog?

 photo Scones008.jpg

It didn't take her very long to wrap us around her little paws . . .

 photo Scones013.jpg

Small wonder . . .  I think God makes baby animals cuter on purpose  . . .  so that He doesn't have to worry much about them being taken care of.   How can you resist loving and caring for such cuteness?

 photo Scones002.jpg

This was cuddles after her first bath.   She was so snuggly and cuddly . . . and right at home in Todd's arms.

Be right back . . .  I have to go snuffle her for a few minutes . . .  she's being really cuddly now.

 photo MitzieatPlay008.jpg

She's always been really cuddly . . . my early morning companion.

 photo Mitziesleeping2.jpg

This has always been her favourite way of relaxing . . .
 both then  . . .

 photo Mitzie_zpsd0e9de14.jpg

And now  . . .

She just takes up a lot more space now.  Bless her little cotton socks . . .

 photo Mitzieenjoyingsun13weeks.jpg

She's always loved sitting in her little patch of sunlight and surveying her domain   . . .

 photo Mitzie1.jpg

She's always tolerated my fussin with silly hats . . .

 photo bigbaby.jpg

She's always been affectionate . . .

 photo SDC10765.jpg

She's always enjoyed helping me bake . . .

 photo SDC11319.jpg

Long suffering  . . .  just so long as there is some food involved . . .

 photo SDC13578.jpg

Intelligent . . .

 photo SDC11881.jpg

Thoughtful . . .

 photo SDC14577.jpg

A tiny bit of a diva . . .


 photo SDC16308.jpg

Always interested in what we are doing . . .

 photo DSC_9235.jpg

Willing to work hard for  . . .  cheese

 photo SAM_1046_zps90af3d06.jpg

Or chicken  . . . .


 photo SAM_3249.jpg

Or both  . . .

 photo SAM_5552_zps5ff723c5.jpg

We could not imagine life without her in it  . . . she brings us both so much joy.  Todd says she doesn't go on walks . . .  she goes on sniffs and it drives him to distraction . . .  but he adores her so . . .

 photo MitzieJan2015_zpsa8bdda92.jpg

As do I.   She is the Queen of this castle.  And we wouldn't have it any other way.

 photo SAM_5788_zpsf99cecdb.jpg

A thought to carry with you through today  . . .

 ❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥
If of thy mortal goods thou art bereft,
and from my slender store two loaves 
alone to thee are left,
Self one and with the dole buy hyacinths
to feed the soul.
~Sadie Gulistan
❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥  

Just another way of saying when life hands you lemons . . .  make lemonade.  I am a pretty good  lemonade maker I think. 


 photo DSCN0439_zpsx0mjtc2o.jpg 

I created a bit of tropical sunshine in the English Kitchen yesterday to help chase away the Winter Blues.  Tropical Sunshine Smoothie.

Have a wonderful Wednesday . . .   don't forget

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do to


7 comments:

  1. oh! My! Goodness! What adorable pictures, Marie! Ah, puppies! Truly, so dear. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. How she has grown. She is a beautiful girl. God bless your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) She is loved..That smoothie looks like a vacaion Marie..
    I love how you dress up Mitzie..

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so very blessed to have your Mitzie for sure ! Dogs are cute when they are puppies but just like children they don't stay little very long at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know Val! When I see these pictures I am tempted to get another puppy, but . . . I think our little girl's feelings would be too hurt and I could never do that. xxoo

    She has grown a lot Suzan for sure! They are like children. They grow up far too quickly. I found a baby tooth of hers which I had saved the other day and it looked so tiny! Her "now" teeth are at least six times the size! xxoo

    She is long suffering Monique, and of course she will tolerate just about anything for a bit of cheese or chicken! xoxo

    They sure don't Pam, but thankfully they are just as lovable in a different way! I don't know what we would do without her now! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww! I love Mitzie Doodle! So adorable! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. She sure is Valerie! And not spoiled in the least of course! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!