Tuesday 17 February 2015

The Simple Woman's Day Book

 photo smallsimplewomanicon_zpsac834e67.jpg

FOR TODAY, February 17, 2015

Outside my window ...
 It's dark.  It's cold.  It's Pancake Day! Ariana is quite excited about that.   One day she said to us, is it true you have a day just for eating pancakes?  When I said, yes, she was over the moon with excitement.  She loves pancakes.  I don't know anyone who doesn't!

I am thinking ...
 How can I outdo the versions of pancakes I have made in other years this year.  I don't think I can.  I think this year I will just do traditional pancakes.  You can't beat traditional really.

I am thankful ...
For Pancakes!  Yay Pancakes!  (Can you tell, I love pancakes too!)  Here's a question . . .  what is the difference between a pancake and a waffle, other than the pan they are cooked in?  Alton Brown has the answer.

In the kitchen ...
 photo DSCN0483_zpsfctutsrt.jpg

Hot Roast Beef and Cheese Sandwiches.  Made using leftover roast beef from Valentines day and whatever else I had on hand.  These are FABULOUS!

On my "to Cook" list ...

 photo IMG_5353-4_zpsl3cikabe.jpg

These Coconut Cream Pie Bars from Willow Bird Baking, look pretty amazing.  I  love coconut cream pie.  I remember after mom finally got home from the hospital after all her ops a few years back, she was wanting coconut cream pie.  I think love of coconut cream pie runs in the family.

 I am creating ...
 photo DSCN0322_zpsopv6xxfc.jpg

Well, these are still sitting there in various stages of completion . . .  I got distracted by this . . .

 photo DSCN0503_zpsmyrfxdzv.jpg

Meet Molly.   She's a little doll I made over the past couple of days.   Completely done by hand, everything from start to finish. She is also completely posable.

 photo face_zpsuo36oigm.jpg

I love her little embroidered face.

 photo DSCN0495_zpsqmy1axfd.jpg

She has charm . . .

 photo DSCN0497_zpshgxvudiv.jpg

And a Ruck Sack all her own.  (It opens up and you can put treasures inside it.)

 photo DSCN0500_zpsaerndusp.jpg

And she fits in the palm of your hand.  I think she is about 4 inches tall altogether.   I had a lot of fun making her, and I will be making more and they will be for sale.  What do you think?

 photo 1_zps3uwpozpf.jpg

This little crochet sheet is so cute.   From Chica Outlet.  It's in Spanish, but with Google Translate, that shouldn't be a problem.

 photo 9220edea24004ac1ba288f40904fb4f8_zpspblbqevd.jpg

I am totally loving these folded fabric Easter Eggs.   From The Ornament Girl.

I am going ...
This is a busy week.   Dog Groomers today.   Tomorrow we want to go see The Theory of Everything, that film about Stephen Hawking.  We hear it is really good and I have two for one Wednesday movie tickets.  Then the Elder Missionaries are invited for supper on Thursday and I am going Visit Teaching on Friday afternoon.  My schedule is full.

I am reading ...



 Amy and Isabelle, by Elizabeth Strout

Isabelle Goodrow has been living in self-imposed exile with her daughter Amy for 15 years. Shamed by her past and her affair with Amy's father she has submerged herself in the routine of her dead-end job and her unrequited love for her boss. But when Amy, frustrated by her quiet and unemotional mother, embarks on an illicit affair with her maths teacher, the disgrace intensifies the shame Isabelle feels about her own past. Throughout one long, sweltering summer as the events of the small town ebb and flow around them Amy and Isabelle exist in silent conflict until a final act leads ultimately to the understanding they both crave.

This is a book by the same author of Olive Kitteridge.  I enjoyed that so I thought I would read another one of hers.  Actually this is the first novel she had published.  So far it is quite good.  I want to pick another Inspector Gamache novel to read also.  I really enjoyed the first one!


I am hoping ...
That my family gets some relief from all the snow that has been falling on the Maritime Provinces.   It's become a massive undertaking for them to handle.   It's crazy.  I don't know what it has been like in the rest of Canada, but Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and PEI have been totally swamped!

Makes me smile ...

 photo Baxter_zpsmutel91m.jpg

Baxter oggling my son's hot chocolate.  Look at that little tongue.   Chocolate is bad for doggies Baxter.

I am learning ...
Our lesson in Sunday School this coming Sunday is going to be on the Beatitudes and we had a great discussion here last night during our Family Home Evening on them.   I love the Scriptures.  There is so much there to help us with this life we are living.

Around the house ...

 photo 853cdd6e2c1600caefa1801c9c617867_zpsopvch66j.jpg

From Buzz Feed, 27 clever ways to use your kitchen appliances.  There's some really good stuff there!

 photo 01820be7b05ba759541bf67dd7e16a03_zpsbpjk6fix.jpg

How often you should clean EVERYTHING in your house and I mean everything.  From  All You.

 photo 1fac5a128dfe6ebe5b6b2a33c2665a80_zpsnl55iqqg.jpg

24 Survival Tips for Living Alone.   Again from Buzz Feed.  There is some good stuff here.  I don't think you have to necessarily live alone to fine them useful.    This is really helpful stuff!

 photo 518346fbac5cc70fd772225eeef9bd6f_zpsx3tmddh2.jpg

How to open a tin can without a can opener.  From Survivalist Daily.  It may come in handy one day.

 photo 67ad8e502289965f46ecac3c522b81d8_zpsrzmuwfbz.jpg

From Making Lemonade . . .  how to cover your duvet in less than 2 minutes.   This is my favourite one of all.  I hate struggling with Duvets and their covers.  Problem no more!  And there's a video.  I think I am going to sew ties onto the top inside corners of my duvet covers and on the top corners of my duvets!

I am pondering ...
I am always pondering something.  Sometimes it's mind boggling things, and other's it simple things.  I think it is good to have a mind which seeks to know and to learn new things all the time.

A favourite quote for the day ...
 photo 1016584_321052461369433_1175467279_n_zpsa05f533a.jpg

`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
  ¸.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~      

ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
(¸.❀⁀⋱‿✿“  

Gratitude and mindful self-compassion can heal and
bring peace to you.   Gratitude comes when we are
mindful, observing the simple beauty in our lives.
~Patrizia Collard  

One of my favourite things  ... 
 photo 2d71d8240d0bf7f07f2b2de31d2a7fa5_zpsop4rbxqs.jpg

Romance.   In film.  In books.  In music.  I am a romantic at heart.

A peek into my day ...
 photo ea8872f44be15b1316b1866481f5806e_zpso08rgrdu.jpg

I dance like nobody's watching.   Usually nobody is watching.  It's invigorating and just makes you feel good inside.  We all need to dance with abandon every now and then!

 And that's my day book for this week!
  
⋱ ⋮ ⋰
   ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small*´¯`.¸¸.☆
   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆
   ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
   ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
   ░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░  


Wherever you go and whatever you do I hope there's a wonderful day planned for you! 


Don't forget . . .

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!

15 comments:

  1. Love this DayBook entry Marie! I love ALL your Day Book entries in fact! I'll go through some of the books when I get more time.
    Love to you, Todd and Mitzie! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie I saw "The Theory of Everything" on Sunday and I enjoyed it so very much. It is a great story with some unexpected things from my point of view.

    Today I am tired. I have spent the last eight hours driving and/or entertaining dad while mum had some tests done. The hospital had a huge slow down and we ended up waiting for far too long and dad was unable to comprehend.

    Lots of love to you and Todd. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Pat! I love doing them! Love to you and Pete! xoxo

    I am really looking forward to it Suzan. He is a fascinating man. There is nothing worse than waiting, especially when hospital things are concerned. (((hugs))) You're a saint! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Pancake Day, Marie! We love pancakes too. TJ makes the best American-style pancakes... and I let him! ;o) LOL... How CUTE is that Molly! And of course you got distracted--she was wanting to be born! :o) Too sweet... She looks tiny? That little crochet sheepie is very cute too--haha... We've not had a chance to see the Stephen Hawking film, but hope to! LOVE when you show us some Baxter--he is such a cutie! How many times have I said CUTE in this comment?! Wishing you all a good new week there! ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tracy, you are so CUTE! haha Seriously! She is very tiny, is our Molly, only about 4 inches tall. It was so much fun to make her! I have another one bursting to come out now. Watch this space! Love and hugs to you too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to read the rest of your post in one minute..just had to tell you right away..that doll..is aDOLL! Well done Marie.. so cute..so tiny so dear!
    Ok..now that I got that off my chest..:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That doll is the cutest little thing with her ruck sack and all. You are so talented Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks MOnique! I know, I am right in love with her! xoxo

    Thanks Sandy! I hope you are staying safe and warm. I imagine you are about snowed in! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marie ... I LOVE Molly; she is completely ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll be having pancakes for my supper today too. Your little doll is adorable and I'll be certain to check out the coconut creme bars. I'm late commenting as it's been a busy day with my two year old grandson here. I get to have him every other Tuesday. It's nap time for him now so I'm catching up on blogs. Hope you have a terrific Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Molly is very sweet! Cousin Cecily would love to invite her to tea xx
    (Susannah from Verity Hope dolls).

    ReplyDelete

  12. I just (love) cOCONUT CREAM PIE.
    mOLLY IS SO LOVELY I hope to beable to get some time. I'm a romanic at heart also.
    {think Molly would go niceiy in a dollhouse.oxoxox.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sharon, Thanks so much!xxoo

    Thanks Pam!! Hope you enjoyed your pancakes Pam! You are so lucky to get to spend the day with your Grandson!! xoxo

    Thanks Susannah! I have done another one which I am going to showcase today as well as the link to your Etsy Shop if that's alright! xxoo

    I think you are right Cathyjo! She would go right in a dollhouse. I can tell you are a romantic at heart! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hooray for pancake day!! We missed it in our house, too many people sick. :( It's been a rough winter for illness over here!! The Geologist would certainly agree with you, classic pancakes are his favorite.That doll is absolutely precious!! You are so talented! I especially love her little backpack, so cute! I dance like nobody's watching too, but it's mostly in my car... and there occasionally IS someone watching! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Did you move to Canada, or are you just visiting? Also, what happened with your cooking show interview? Molly is adorable, and I also enjoyed reading the survival tips. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!