Thursday 26 February 2015

Five Things About Me . . .




 photo 9549_10151569704635320_1607958457_n_zpscxykoh5r.jpg

These are paper dolls I did of Todd, myself and Mitzie a couple of years back.  Yes . . .  I "paper-dolled" us.  I could paper doll you too.   These ones have moveable joints.   Anyways, it's another five things about me post and this is number one.

I LOVE PAPER DOLLS.   I may not have had a lot of real dolls when I was a girl, but I had a cardboard box filled with paper dolls, some of them quite old.  My fetish with them began when the eldest daughter of the family that lived next door to us when I was about 5 years old gave me all of hers.   There were probably genuine antique ones in the box, of Betty Grable and such.   It was love at first sight, a love which has lasted a lifetime.   One paper doll I had as a girl was really large, almost life sized and she had lips that blew a kiss when you tilted her just so.   I used to play with my paper dolls all the time and could often be found drawing and colouring them new clothes, as you do . . .I still like to play with paper dolls . . .  and colour and draw them new clothes.

 photo 7ba51f7864f120f6a2ea3d2a54902a13_zps58w48b9g.jpg

I believe in Angels.  I believe they are all around us, watching over us in as much as they are allowed to.  I do not pray to them, or look to them for help . . .  that is the job of our Heavenly Father, but I do think that we have angels here on earth.   They do not always have wings, in fact more often than not they look just like you and me.  I love to read angel stories about angelic encounters.   I think these things happen far more than you or I realize.  I have had several of these myself.   Angels are real.  They exist.  I do not believe that when we die we go to heaven and become Angels.   Angels are celestial beings which are completely different than us.   I am not sure I understand exactly what they are, but maybe one day I will.   In any case, for the most part I think they are pretty wonderful beings.  Guardians.  Helpers.  Guides.

 photo b3f23dc155b191335292a3959afb4e7a_zpsh6bru8mm.jpg

Sigh . . .  this man is one of my youthful obsessions.  I confess.  I was in love with Bruce Springsteen.  Just the sight of him made me weak kneed and silly.  There was a time when I would have scaled tall buildings and leapt over fences to catch a glimpse of him.   My best friend used to telephone me whenever he was on the telly so I could turn it on and watch him.  I still think he is one of the best pieces of eye candy ever.  It is not a sin to appreciate a handsome man.  It is only a sin to act on it, lol.  I'm safe. 

 photo 60145200a85318d1c6fe59f3f1a0782e_zpsvrrmelt8.jpg

This man also makes me go weak at the knees.   Yes . . .  I have very eclectic tastes . . .

 photo 62052c72f3673ba41a8a26ef7fc94543_zpswzdphxfx.jpg

Polka Dots also make me squeel and go weak at the knees.  I love, Love, LOVE them!  Maybe even more than Bruce and Sam.  I love them on blouses and on shoes.  On curtains and on dishes.  I love them on pillows and on socks.  I just love, Love, LOVE them wherever I can find them!
 But  . . .  I especially love them . . .

 photo bb79b86da618e954c8c109065a0efb6c_zpso85o91lj.jpg

When they come from God's paint brush  . . .

 photo 3c224771dd2e28f2922f6a9b3af45a49_zpsxzktfo5k.jpg

Naturally occurring . . .

 photo d93056eaa14b99b932fcaff8be45a1ea_zpsmjulkgfe.jpg

Those are my most favouritest polka dots of all!

 photo f24a6baf36d0fe2d2345b74781d7c999_zpsqep4demr.jpg

I was born in Summerside, on Prince Edward Island.   And yet . . .  I've never really lived there, except for a few months when I was a baby.  I have visited there frequently as my ex MIL lives there and my middle son also lives there with his family.   I think Prince Edward Island is one of the most beautiful places on earth.   Most people when they go to Canada to visit head for Toronto or Niagara Falls . . .  Victoria or Vancouver Island.   They are missing the best part of Canada.  Prince Edward Island is the real gem in Canada's crown.  Stunning beautiful.   Mostly rural.  Filled with lots to do and to see.  With rolling hills and white sand beaches, fields of lupins and some of the nicest people on earth.   I  love it there.   Todd has only been there once, when my son got married, and we did not have a chance to visit much of anything because we were only there for one day and night.  I hope that one day I can take him back and show him more of it.

And there you have it . . .  five more things about me!

 photo photo.php_zpsujyulrun.jpg

Just look at my sister's fairy toadstool house now.  Isn't it ADORABLE!  Tiny white bunnies, tiny toadstools, an eensy beensy robins nest under the eaves.   The way the roof curls just so.   This is a real work of art.  And to think  . . .  it all fits in a jar.  I think she is just so talented!

 photo photo.php_zps3jip5y6g.jpg

This is the size of the bunnies.  Just look at how tiny they are.  That is a dime.   So small.   I think she is pretty incredible.

 photo DSCN0666_zpsck6yclp9.jpg

Look.  It's Alice in Wonderland.

 photo DSCN0667_zpsmdqyslgm.jpg

With a full head of rooted hair . . .  and an Alice Band.  That's real wool for the hair.  Each strand individually attached.

 photo DSCN0668_zpsvsufbsxm.jpg

I like her little white socks  . . .  and her stripy pantaloons.

 photo DSCN0669_zpszxpskffh.jpg

I just need to add her little charm and an accessory . . . perhaps a tiny bottle with a tag saying drink me . . .  we shall see.  She has dimples  . . .

 photo DSCN0671_zpssbhtesrw.jpg


And that is it for today.    A thought to carry with you on the journey . . .


 ❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥

 If your actions inspire others
to dream more, learn more,
do more and become more,
then . . .  you are a leader.
~John Quincey Adams
❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥
 
 photo DSCN0621_zpsjuymzwnn.jpg 

Baking in The English Kitchen today . . .  Cheddar and Garlic Drop Buns.  So good!

Have a fabulous Thursday.  Don't forget . . .  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 

⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!  Happy Day til we meet again.


10 comments:

  1. Good morning Marie,

    The doll is so sweet but that mushroom is knee weakening. Yep I am bad about trinkets.

    God bless your day,

    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Suzan! It is just gorgeous. I am so proud of my sister's work! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe there are angels all around us seen to guide and protect us...some seen and some unseen.May your angel be with you as you go through each and every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE Alice..and the toadstool is so dear..Talent and creativity run in your family:)
    How fun to play in winter..In summer outdoor chores will call..as in Spring and Fall..but winter?
    Ideal cocooning time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm. Sam Elliot! :)
    Bruce Springsteen-not so much. Johnny Depp or Aaron McCusker for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Pam! I hope your angel is with you also! xoxo

    Thanks Monique! We are both very crafty, always have been. Yes, winter is the perfect time to cocoon! xoxo

    Laura, I think most women of a certain age have a thin for Sam Elliot, maybe even young ones too. Who knows! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sam Elliott makes me weak at the knees too Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sorry for the late comment Marie,but I was feeling a bot poorly this morning...better now thank goodness...
    I like allour other friends think your sister is ever so talented...you know my love of anything minature so how coudl I not fall in love with everything she does....just as much as I love everything you do...remember your lovely wee matchbox people...I just loved them and can never understand why they did not sell in their 100's....!! LOL
    I agree about PIE I have only been there once for abou 4-5 days I think it was and we managed quite a lot in these few days...(the drive up there was the most wonderful journey ever I think...all the way from Halifax and on the ferry )...Hope you have had a good day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so nice that you fill your mind and life with uplifting, good things! Your posts reflect that. One day I will tell you my experience with an angel. :-)
    Love and hugs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are all in an elite group Sandie! The weak at the Knee Sam Elliot admirers! lol

    I am so sorry to read that you have been poorly Sybil. I am glad you are feeling better now. I have not made a matchbox doll in a while. I should make some more as I sold every one that I made. You can still take a ferry now from I believe Antigonish to Caribou, but there is a beautiful new bridge now from NB to PEI called the Confederation Bridge so no waiting and it only takes minutes to get across the straight. I did have a great day thanks! xoxo

    THanks Valerie. I can't wait to hear about your Angel Experience. I'll tell you mine as well Love and hugs to you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!