Saturday 28 February 2015

Saturday This and That . . .



“As you walk through life, always walk toward the light, and the shadows of life will fall behind you.” ~Thomas S Monson

I was debating whether to tell you this news this morning, but having prayed about it I feel I must.   My life has always been an open book with you, my dear friends and I feel that you would want to know when our hearts are feeling very tender, and perhaps lift us up in your prayers.

As you know I have five children.  I talk about them all the time.  I don't think I have ever said much about Todd's children though.   He had three sons and a step daughter.   Two of his sons had passed away, one in infancy and one several years back when we were living down in Brenchley.    Yesterday we got the news that his one remaining son had passed away earlier this week.   I got a message on Facebook from his step-daughter saying that she needed urgently to speak with her father, but that she wanted me there when she called and what time was the best for her to call. I knew then that it must be bad news, and I think Todd did too . . .  but we hoped that it wasn't.

Divorce is a funny thing.  It divides families in strange ways, and it is not always a division between husband and wife, it oftimes creates a division between child and parent.  It should not be so . . .  but it happens.   Todd has been estranged from his children for years . . .  an estrangement not of his choosing I hasten to add . . .   I know how this feels myself, having experienced it in my own family for a number of years now.   It should not happen but . . .  it does.

 photo c01deef501031c73243e499b24ed1db6_zpsro0mrtvj.jpg

When you have your children, you never think that anything is ever going to separate you from them.  It seems inconceivable and incomprehensible . . . A parent also always thinks that they are going to outlive their babies.  To lose all of them in this way is just heart wrenching.  I am very grateful that Todd's step daughter had enough compassion to let him know.  Todd and his son had been estranged for a number of years now.   This doubles the grief . . . because you not only grieve for the blood of your blood and bone of your bone, but you grieve for what you wanted and did not have.  The Gospel will be a great comfort of course.  Intellectually we know he is in a far better place, but the heart wants what the heart wants.  Please keep my beloved in your hearts and prayers.  I know you will and I am grateful for that.

Life . . .  it is filled with twists and turns and unexpected things.

“Even if you cannot always see that silver lining on your clouds, God can, for He is the very source of the light you seek. He does love you, and He knows your fears. He hears your prayers. He is your Heavenly Father, and surely He matches with His own the tears His children shed.”
~Jeffrey R Holland

 photo DSCN0767_zpsuxedxmix.jpg

This is my latest little creation.  Not a great photograph because it is so early in the morning and the light is so poor.   She is a busy bee.

 photo DSCN0768_zpsogv0wyyn.jpg

The beaded embroidery on her jacket is little bees.  Hard to see I know.  The wings are flower sequins.  I wish I could show you better how cute they are.   Her undershirt is black and yellow strips and of course her legs/shoes are black.   I think the bow on her hat looks almost like antennae.

 photo DSCN0769_zps5ryjkeaq.jpg

She is not quite finished yet.   Today I am going to make her a "Winged" back pack.  Then she will be done I think.   I need to list some of these dolls in my Etsy shop.

 photo 267ae2f7ac731b4ad8855913b142c0c3_zpso7ksdvsn.jpg

The other day the Missionary Sisters said that they loved being in our home, that it was such a Happy place, and it is.  I believe that is because "Love" lives here.  Love of God.  Love for each other.  Love of Family.   Love of friends.   Love for our fellow beings.


 photo 03944301575f0105fa25d21102b43435_zpsdsz6lowe.jpg

We'll get through this.   We always do  . . .

A thought to carry with you through today . . .


 ❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥
The most beautiful people we have known
are those who have known defeat,
known suffering, known struggle,
known loss,
and have found their way
out of the depths.
~Elizabeth Kubler Ross
❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥ 


 photo DSCN0759_zpssdwhmss5.jpg

I'm cooking my own crumpets in The English Kitchen today.   Scrumptious!

I hope you have a super Saturday and may it bring you an adventure or two or three.   Remember to hug the ones you love while you can.   Don't forget
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too.


12 comments:

  1. MOrning Marie,,,
    I am so sorry to read about Tod's son. It matters not that he had not been in touch for a long while, as you say he was loved whether he acknowledged it or not and poor Tod's heart must ache just as much as if they had been in close contact...Please give Tod and extra hug from me xx I think it was lovely of his step daughter to contact him....
    A very damp and drizzly morning here so far, hopefully it will dry up in a while. Usual Saturday for us I think, we will go along to Chippenham with Peter and have breakfast out do a bit of shopping then home to relax for the rest of the day. I hope that your day goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Marie,

    Please tell Todd he truly has my sympathy and love. It is difficult when your child dies and I have witnessed this pain. I am heartbroken for him.

    God bless you and keep you now and always,

    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sybil. Yes, he was very much loved and the estrangement has broken Todd's heart all these years. I think he had always hoped for some sort of resolution as we all would. I will pass on your condolences. Have a lovely time out with Peter. It looks like it is going to be a dry one here, Bonus! xoxo

    Thank you Suzan. I am sorry you have had to feel this same pain. ((((hugs)))) I will pass your condolences on to Todd also. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you both and sending lots of love and prayers xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Kate. Much appreciated xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sincerest sympathies to you both. Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sympathies to you both:(
    How unfortunate that some children need parents..and others have them..and don't nurture the relationships.:(




    Your beeautiful little girl is adorable.Fun fun fun..
    Grateful to have fairy fingers you must be ..to swing the thoughts temporarily...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Pam, although I had never met or spoken to my step son, I grieve for my husband and his loss. I love him very much and it hurts to see him hurting. xxoo

    Thanks Monique. I have to remain positive for him. It helps. He is a good man. He is my beloved. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word. How terribly sad to have lost all three children. I don't know how to handles it. Many hugs for Todd.
    And your bee buttons- you are too cool, Marie. You must have been a crafty fairy in another birth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear about your step-son! Sometimes life just can't seem to stop throwing ice balls, can it? (Sick of winter here in Western NY-broken pipe discovered yesterday after it leaked water all over son who is away at college's room.)I will say a little prayer for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such sad news about Todd's son and children that passed earlier. Please tell Todd that I am keeping him in my thoughts and prayers. Big hugs to you both and Mitzie too!!! Wish I could be there to lend comfort. Much love xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Anna. I think you may be right. xoxo

    Thank you Laura. Life is just hard sometimes. Sorry to read about the broken pipe. What a mess! xoxo

    Thanks Valerie. Your prayers and hugs are much appreciated. And the love too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!