Tuesday 24 February 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook

  photo smallsimplewomanicon_zpsac834e67.jpg

FOR TODAY,  February 24th,  2015

Outside my window ...
The sun is already rising above the rooftops in front of me.  I am late getting started this morning!   It's hard to believe it, but this is my last daybook entry for February.  Before you know it we will be in to March!  Spring is coming!

I am thinking ...
 There is no need to die of thirst in the desert of secular life.  God has given us His word to revive and refresh us, the living water of the living Christ.
"Therefore with joy shall ye draw
water out of the wells of salvation."
~Isaiah 12:3

I am thankful for ...
Living Water

In The Kitchen ...
 photo DSCN0606_zps3wwhxg6w.jpg

Puffy Peanut Butter Cookies.   These are fudgy, almost a cross between a cake and a brownie.

On my "To Cook" list ...
 photo gingerbread-042-590x393_zpsc2dujwvr.jpg

This Gingerbread Cake with Orange icing from Foodness Gracious is looking mighty good.

I am creating ...
I have yet another one of those little dollies almost finished.  I am so enjoying making them.  My pile of raggedies is still laying there unfinished.   I am so bad.  I need to get with it and get them done!  My sister is making paper mache chiuauas and they are so cute.  But I don't have permission to show them to you yet.  I can promise you they are AMAZING!

 photo 7db353e6a7870c87fcf7fd159af063fd_zpsszbqykbz.jpg

Have you ever needed an embellishment for a sweater or pillow or blanket?  I found all these lovely flower patterns on Crochetpedia.

 photo 9079da786f21b29a216cbae04620294e_zpsncutgaxc.jpg

10 Free Baby Booty Patterns.   From Hopeful Honey.  At some point I reckon these will come handy to all of us.  I love, LOVE the minion ones adn the daisy toes ones.  Oh heck, they're all cute!

 photo PrettyPillowcaseCollage_zpsgbkxztt6.jpg

How to sew a Pretty Pillowcase from A Spoonful of Sugar Designs.  These are gorgeous!

 photo IMG_5532_zpsmvrw4stg.jpg

This little house shaped coin purse is just adorable!  I love it.   From Patchwork By Electra Z.

I am reading ...


Amy and Isabelle, by Elizabeth Strout

Isabelle Goodrow has been living in self-imposed exile with her daughter Amy for 15 years. Shamed by her past and her affair with Amy's father she has submerged herself in the routine of her dead-end job and her unrequited love for her boss. But when Amy, frustrated by her quiet and unemotional mother, embarks on an illicit affair with her maths teacher, the disgrace intensifies the shame Isabelle feels about her own past. Throughout one long, sweltering summer as the events of the small town ebb and flow around them Amy and Isabelle exist in silent conflict until a final act leads ultimately to the understanding they both crave.

This is a book by the same author of Olive Kitteridge.  I enjoyed that so I thought I would read another one of hers.  Actually this is the first novel she had published.  So far it is quite good.  I want to pick another Inspector Gamache novel to read also.  I really enjoyed the first one!

I am hoping ...

 photo MarynHalloween2014_zpscc31ea0e.jpg

Our little Maryn is turning four years old today.  I am hoping that she has a very Happy Birthday.

Makes me smile ...
 photo 7603007c8e790e0d10fa644807b33a55_zpsnxgedavy.jpg

Fairytale Princess Shoes make me smile.  I'll never wear anything like that again, but they still make me smile.  I wonder if they make Fairy Grandmother shoes?

I am learning ...
You know . . .  everytime I read the scriptures I pick up on something new.   I think they are pretty amazing.

Around the house ...

 photo b1db74408921e45f13516408b8e5a229_zpsxfirxr1r.jpg

I would love to haved an old Bird Cage as a room accessory.  I think they are gorgeous if done right.

 photo 902c02a64d549719e92d0fe2c7560a8a_zpsu6dm9had.jpg

I adore blue and white Quilts.  I wish I could find a matching pair for our beds.

 photo 5028cb2cd70ed3c23e3635821d764fe1_zpsboxahhxz.jpg

I love gingham anything and this chair just ticks all the boxes for me, not to mention that cute little pillow.

 photo d20d6f67f607797c3ca0e638f6e8fab4_zpspnwnq6mv.jpg

I would love to have a house with a dormer bedroom like this in it.   I love dormer ceilings.

I am pondering ...
I ordered myself a new pair of shoes from a specialty shop online.  It is impossible to get shoes for my feet here and there are no shops that carry the shoes I need.  I have short and wide feet.  I have bad bunions on my feet.  I also have no arches.   I am wondering how long it will take for them to arrive and I have my fingers and toes crossed that they will fit properly when they do arrive.

A favourite quote for the day ...
 photo 1016584_321052461369433_1175467279_n_zpsa05f533a.jpg

`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
  ¸.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~      

ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
(¸.❀⁀⋱‿✿“  

 A rose can never be a sunflower.
A sunflower can never be a rose.
All flowers are beautiful in their own way,
And that's like women too.
~Miranda Kerr

One of my favourite things ... 


 photo 0ef5d16cb56837e9e35b7b84981d69fb_zpsbhscvqs4.jpg

 Books.  I love them.  I hope I never lose my eyesight.  I could not abide not being able to read.

A peek into my day ...

 photo images_zpsp1605miv.jpg

It's one of my many weaknesses.  I wish it wasn't . . .

And that's my day book for this week!
  
⋱ ⋮ ⋰
   ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small*´¯`.¸¸.☆
   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆
   ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
   ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
   ░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░  


Wherever you go and whatever you do I hope there's a wonderful day planned for you! 


Don't forget . . .

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!


10 comments:

  1. I amazed at how late the sun rises for you. I would have to be up around 4.45 at this time of year and we don't have daylight saving. At the height of summer it is much earlier.

    I admitted my love of chocolate on Facebook. Sadly i like Coke too. Very bad!

    I drove 102 km today as mum broke her tooth and our dentist has moved out of the city. The bay was miserable looking as it is full of dirty water and debris. However on the flip side we had far less damage than expected.

    Miss Pip is in the kitchen putting pastry on individual chicken pot pies.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our days are gradually getting longer here now with each day that passes Suzan! It is becoming noticeable day by day. No longer getting dark at 4 PM. Yay! Individual chicken pot pies sound good! Once again I say, you are a Saint. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Pip has been rolling three crusts for about an hour now. Everyone will be hungry for dinner. She is learning though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOo... those peanut butter cookies!!! Bookmarking now. ;o) Love and fun crochet. I'm working on another shawl... yes, another one... LOL! That coin purse is ADORABLE! Too cute... Maryn is 4 already??!! Isn't she sweet! :o) Wishing you all a great week there! ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Practice makes perfect Suzan! xxoo

    Tracy, I am not surprised you are working on another shawl. Shawl's become you. I love all you create! Love and hugs to you too! Will be over to see you later this week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love that change purse..I have a post prepared about a purse..that will make you smile too I think..
    SEnt you a little thank you email..not sure if you got it;)
    If the shoe fits..wear it..:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will look forward to your post Monique. I am sure it is sweet! I did get the e-mail and have finally responded! Thank you so much! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you loose your eyesight, change to audiobooks. There are many free classics online and libraries have them too (at least they do where I live.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sure you are right Laura! Reminds me of that series which was on the television many moons ago entitled The Dark Secret of Harvest Home, starring Bette Davis and the man in it who was always listening to audio books. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so admire how much you put into every day Marie, That I am sur eis why your day's just fly by.
    Do hope that your new shoes come soon, it is so important to get shoes that fit and are comfortable. It is much milder down here this morning...in fact it is mild..but damp. My niece Beth is comming down today she shoudl be here around 11.30ish I think we will all go out for lunch will be nice to se her seems an age since last time.
    Hope you and Tod also have a lovely day and that the shoes arrive xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!