Friday 13 February 2015

Friday Finds

 photo FridayFinds_zpsb214ccd8.jpg

 A few of the wow moments, or things I discover each week that tickle my fancy.  I hope that they may inspire or tickle yours too!



 photo 52106d4a878eee273dec250c9d1ff945_zpsaqt4t7cn.jpg

This is a most unusual crochet necklace.  Not sure I would do it in this colour, but I think in another colour with different beads it would be really nice.   Found on Flickr .

 photo 25-heart-shaped-food-ideas-no-biggie_zpsesawqu9v.jpg

Twenty Five Heart Shaped Food Ideas for Valentines Day.   There is something for every taste.   Found on No Biggie Net

 photo 5c1dbf176ec60760b22aa9eed81e3084_zpslqnz8pyo.jpg

NO source but how hard could this be.   What a cute entrance idea for the house for Valentines Day!  I love it! (No pun intended!)

 photo Valentines Decorations - DIY heart tree_zpsfnfllpch.jpg

Cute and Cheap Valentines Decorating ideas.   Most are very simple.   Found on Money Hip Mamas.

 photo 4f73a86c3ba90f8c4e560e8287ebc280_zps0vua1uxt.jpg

From For Women First, a genius use for orphan socks.  I would have never thought of doing this, but having seen it, it only makes sense!   I know I often pull an old sock over my hand to dust.   You can really get into the nooks and crannies that way.   The hands are the perfect tool!

 photo 2327e59f79eb741153a6a79fd36fd097_zpst7jrjkza.jpg

How to clean appliances from that sticky residue which can build up over time.   Easy and cheap.   Found on Buzz Feed.  No instructions but I am thinking a damp sponge and some cream of tartar.  I use a damp sponge and baking soda.  You know Baking Soda is great for about a bazillion things, so is Vinegar.  I use them both all the time.

 photo 0767abbf723caeabd9bc7629fa0e3441_zpsaf1jof4u.jpg

This next find is a combination of scary and genius!  On the one hand it is brilliant to think that with a string and a can of crisco shortening you can have a candle that will burn for forty five days (supposedly).  On the other hand it makes me think do I want to put something in my body that you can insert a string into and burn like a candle for 45 days?   It's a conundrum.  No source.

 photo 38840dfdc6e69337e3217571d3bb8efc_zpsrdadrzwy.jpg

Not sure I would be brave enough to attempt this on my own, but I am tempted.  How to cut your own bangs   Found on Refinery 21.

 photo f839a8f3fa43a33ecdb0d4cc5f5a151a_zps3scjmduo.jpg

How to hem your jeans and keep the original hem intact.   This is genius.  Why didn't I think of that?  Found on Do It Yourself Divas.

 photo 19057ecafd6f2ca12c494123e77adefc_zpsrl9ah1e7.jpg

A simple way to keep brown sugar soft.  Pop a few marshmallows into the bag.   They absorb any excess moisture.  Sugar stays soft.  From Storage and Glee.

Hope you found something useful here today.  I know I did!!

 photo 1397243_10153017286497489_2629388746829322059_o_zpswwiphqat.jpg

Look at the collection of jars my sister has made so far.  Aren't they sweet!  I am not sure which one is my favourite one!  I love them all!

A thought to carry with you through today  . . .

❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥ 
"We can only be said to be alive 
in those moments when our hearts 
are conscious of our treasures." 
~Thornton Wilde
❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥ 

  

Cooking in The English Kitchen today  . . .  Classic Boeuf Bourguinon.  Simple and tasty!

 
 Hope you have a fabulous Friday!  Hooray for the weekend!

Don't forget . . .

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!


8 comments:

  1. Oooh those little jars are insanely sweet. I do like them so. My girls are all ready for valentines. I just feel lonely.

    God bless your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Marie! WOW--love the crochet necklace... that would be fun for an evening out. If one goes out evenings. ;o) The heart-tipped twigs are sooo pretty! I've been seeing more about Crisco candles... at once intriguing and repelling... LOL! Crisco give me the creeps--it's just not good for the body! My sister cut her own hair before Christmastime--not just bangs either--it was amazing! Gives me courage to try! The jeans hem is wonderful--bookmarking that one. ;o) Wishing you all a LOVE-filled Valentine Weekend ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valentines Day is for the Young and newly in love Suzan. Todd and I exchange cards, but we don't really go all out these days. We try to treat each other like sweethearts every day of the year. That means more to us. ((((hugs)))) xoxo

    I know what you mean about evenings out Tracy! We try not to go out at night at all these days if we can avoid it. It just isn't our scene! Wishing you a love filled weekend also! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with using baking soda and vinegar. They are good for loads of things. I'm not sure any of my socks would fit over anything but my hand, but old socks are good for dusting. Lots of great ideas there this morning. Thanks always for sharing your finds. Hope you have a fantastic Friday !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha that's how I cut my bangs..:)
    It works..
    I get a trim so rarely..I have to snip the bangs once ina while..Fun finds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Pam. Socks make the best dusters! You have a super Friday also! xxoo

    Monique, you are such a gorgeous lady, I can imagine you would still be pretty even if you shaved your head! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! Once again I'll be using some of these great idea. Orphan sock on a duster is a great idea. I have some orphans! ;-) I always cut my own hair and this is the way I cut my bangs. I don't twist them but I do pull them towards the center of my face and cut straight across. Works like a charm every time!
    Have a great weekend my friend! Love you much! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Valerie, I shall have to be brave and cut my own. I haven't gone for my hair cut yet. I am several weeks overdue. Love you too. Have a great weekend as well! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!