Friday 20 February 2015

Friday Finds

 photo FridayFinds_zpsb214ccd8.jpg

 A few of the wow moments, or things I discover each week that tickle my fancy.  I hope that they may inspire or tickle yours too!

 photo Fullscreen capture 20022015 061647_zpsirdoeqvh.jpg

My biggest discovery this week has been the lovely Suzannah of Verity Hope.  What a delightful blog!  It is filled with whimsy and it is like my childhood come to life with the Milly Molly Mandy stories and what not.  I'd say a kindred spirit lives here.

 photo 8ed1b36973fae1d77137413077f62020_zpsqeshk1u5.jpg

I love bags.  My motto is you can NEVER have too many of them.  I think this one is gorgeous.  I found it on Flickr.  But the pattern is here on Think Liz, and it's free.   I don't know about you, but I love free!

 photo ec53f34934e8e193aa2aba7e4ebb7432_zpstjwmhwho.jpg

I love, LOVE Aprons and here on TIP NUT, I found free ebook downloads  for over 50 vintage type aprons.  You can't go wrong!

 photo 47060869469073adeee87fee7d2e7206_zpsdnccgd29.jpg

Have you always wanted to learn how to crochet?  Well, I found a complete tutorial on how to do just that!  On Do You Mind If I Knit.   My sister taught both my mother and myself when I was in high school.   I can't remember where she learnt it from.   But we have all been hookers ever since!  Crochet hookers that is!  (Sorry I could not resist!)

 photo 524ccda6a56b97c0a6f452a85e964429_zpstqtgmuhz.jpg

From You Put It Up.   Five do it yourself shower curtain ideas that anyone can make.   We need really long shower curtains for ours and if you buy them from the Mira site, they are very expensive.  I am going to use one of these ideas here to make some new shower curtains for our shower.  I just haven't decided which one yet!

 photo IMG_2280_zpsqzjsbz5j.jpg

Are these not the cutest sneakers ever??   If you know how to use a printer and you can iron, plus you have a pair of plain white sneakers you want to dress up you need to check this idea out.  I found it on  Always Rooney.  Some people are just so smart!  It's fabulous.  She tells and shows you exactly how to do it.  I think they are just gorgeous.

 photo diy-marble-valentines-chocolate-boxes-almost-makes-perfect1_zpsiwiychhg.png

Do you have a heart shaped chocolate box leftover from Valentines Day?  Why not Marbelize it.  Actually you could do this to any chocolate box, or any box at all.   Found on Almost Makes Perfect.

 photo 95e6c56cd06095de153725c3176329db_zpsfehkzac0.jpg

From Julie Blanner, how to make your own silhouette portrait.   A complete tutorial. It's such a simple and easy idea!    I might do this and then use it to do my own personalised stationary.  Watch this space!

 photo 6b74b15ac7a4a37110f4fc322210bdb4_zpsqr1mrzja.jpg

Paper Clip Flags using washi tape and . . .  paper clips!    Why didn't I think of that???   Such a simple idea!!  From Paper and Pin.  Isn't the Internet marvellous?  You can find anything you like on the Internet!  I can see why encyclopedia are now obselete.  It's a shame though . . .  I had so many hours of pleasure spent in exporing ours when I was a girl.

 photo febd3561f317fbac68af49aca268202c_zpsnf6hfdse.jpg

I just love this side table.   Maybe not the colours, but the idea.  What a brilliant way to make something really old look new and fresh.  It's ready made and for sale on Dot and Bo, but would be so easy to make yourself, with just a bit of paint and a couple brushes.

And that is it for this week.  I hope that you found something which strikes your fancy!  I was playing with my new dollies in the doll house yesterday.   I can't wait to show you the photos!

In the meantime here is a thought to carry with you through today . . .


❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥
I walked a mile with pleasure  she chattered all the way 
but she left me none the wiser for all she had to say.
I walked a mile with sorrow and ne'er a word said she 
but oh the things i learnt when sorrow walked with me.
~Robert Browning Hamilton
 ❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥


 photo lemon drizzle_zpsnxmjx64e.jpg 

Cooking in The English Kitchen today  . . .  a delicious Lemon Drizzle Cake.

Hope you have a fabulous Friday!  Hooray for the weekend!

Don't forget . . .

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!


9 comments:

  1. Good Morning Marie,

    Today has been so very wet with more rain to come. The flooding has begun around here and the storm has hit the coast and the damage is being assessed. Today had the potential for lots of hand crafting etc but i slept a lot.

    God bless,

    Suzna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not surprised you spent a lot of the day sleeping. With the heat and humidity you have there I don't imagine you have much energy for anything! I could not bear it. Hope you are safe from the worst of the storm. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are safe and pretty well prepared. Organised not so much but there is food, water and alternate cooking fuel as well as light sources. Some people have taught me some useful skills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many sweets this week, Marie! But those sneaker are very FUN! Not my "style" as such, but sooo clever and pretty! Those paperclip flag bookmarks are very cute! I got washi tape, I got paper clips... ;o) Ooo... a lemon drizzle cake for the weekend--good idea! LOL... Wishing you all a VERY happy weekend there ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's good to know Suzan! xxoo

    Thanks Tracy! I will be over to visit you today! Love you and Happy Weekend to you too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cake looks perfect Marie..
    I was hooked on Verity Hope the moment you mentioned her.
    I am so tempted to try my hand..but..not sure..almost sure.
    You went straight to the head of the class with your 2 ..:)
    Pinned the crochet:)
    How did I manage to work?I don't know and just find there are not enough hours in a day for me to do everything I want to:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Monique! I really love making them. I have yet another in the works. I don't know how I managed when I worked full time either. Like you, not enough hours now . . . not enough money either! lol xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Marie for mentioning my Verity Hope dolls blog and I'm loving following your blog posts! Have a lovely whimsical week! Susannah (Verity Hope)xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suzannah, everyone loves your dolls. I hope you have a lovely whimsical week also! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!