Tuesday 28 February 2023

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 


FOR TODAY, February 28th, 2022

Outside my window ...
Its mostly clear, but its very cold this morning. -16*C which is 3.2*F.  We are in for a cold snowy week. I am not sure if that is considered coming in like a lamb or a lion? We will see. We really can't complain as we have had a fairly easy winter thus far.

I am thinking ...
Not a lot this morning. I had a really good nights sleep and I am feeling really well rested. Looking forward to the rest of the day.

I am thankful for ...
Quiet days that I don't have much to do. I always have some work to do, but some days it is less than others.

In the kitchen ...



Maple Buttermilk Bread  This is a bread machine recipe and yields a beautiful loaf. The crust is nice and crisp, almost like a French loaf, and it has a beautiful light crumb and amazing flavors.  My favorite loaf thus far!


On my "To Cook" list ...




This KFC Chicken Bowl Casserole looks amazing! From The Blogette


Good to know ...



Something to watch ...


The original Upstairs Downstairs on Britbox.


I am wanting to create ...



Patchwork Pottery. Holly Hocks. I have always loved yoyo's.



Attic 24   I love this pretty garland.



Naztazia Granny Square Slippers.




Cuter Knit Toy on Etsy. Knitted Goose PDF pattern. Not free. So cute though.




Love this blanket, but I couldn't find the pattern.


I am reading ...


 



Abide With Me, by Elizabeth Strout. Katherine is only five-years-old. Struck dumb with grief at her mother's death, it is down to her father, the heartbroken minister Tyler Caskey, to bring his daughter out of silence she has observed in the wake of the family's tragedy.

But Tyler Caskey is barely surviving himself. His cold, church-assigned home is colder still since Lauren's death, and he struggles to find the right words for his sermons; struggles to be a leader to his congregation when he himself is lost.

 When Katherine's schoolteacher calls to discuss his daughter's anti-social behaviour, it sparks a chain of events that begins to tear down Tyler's defences. The small-town rumour-mill has much to make of Katherine's odd behaviour, and even more to say about Tyler's relationship with his housekeeper, Connie Hatch. And in Tyler's darkest hour, a startling discovery will test his congregation's humanity - and his own will to endure the kinds of trials that sooner or later test us all.

From the Orange Prize-shortlisted author of Amy & Isabelle, this is a startlingly beautiful novel about love and abandonment, faith and hypocrisy; and the peril of family secrets…

This is very good!   I am really enjoying it. 


I am looking forward to ...
Dinner out with dad and his friends tomorrow evening.


Dreaming about ...

 


Pearls, rhinestones and lace  . . . 

 


Blue  . . . 

 


The Ballet . . . 

 


Tea and scones  . . . 


 

A bedside bouquet . . . 


Makes me smile ... 



Clothesline Conversation, by Jeffrey Larson


Corners of my kingdom ... 






Outside my back door  . . .  


A thought to carry with you ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.At two o’clock in the morning, 
if you open your window and listen, 
You will hear the feet of the Wind 
that is going to call the sun. 
And the trees in the Shadow rustle 
and the trees in the moonlight glisten, 
And though it is deep, dark night, 
you feel that the night is done.
~Rudyard Kipling•。★★ 。* 。 

And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!  
     


6 comments:

  1. Loved Upstairs, Downstairs, would certainly watch it again. Snow storm overnight, roads a mess this morning, school buses cancelled. Lucy at Attic24 has so many wonderful patterns, been following here since she started. Stay warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sweet garland..and your bread:):

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marie~ What a sweet post! I really love all the beautiful crochet...you find the best stuff. The bread looks delicious! My stomach has a hard time with bread, I thought it would get better, but it isn't improving. Bob would love the bread, he needs a treat so it's on my list of things to make. I really need to read the book you reviewed. Averi has, selective mutism, she only talks to her mom and dad. It does make me nervous to take her for a long periods of time, because she only talks to me with her form of "sign". Anyway, the book looks really good. It's super cold here today. Last night it snowed another 4-5 inches, and the wind blew over 30 mph. I'm looking forward to spring. Have a nice day XOXO Hugs and Love, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ack!!…that blanket!…that blue kitchen!…that garland!…love, love!
    Enjoy your quiet day and that yummy bread! Best, V.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sure was cold for you this morning. Your Maple Buttermilk bread is picture perfect. I love that garland, too. Stay warm and cozy, my friend. Love and hugs, Elaine (in Toronto).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my sweet friend, it has been a while since I have read one of your daybook posts. I must admit you are a favorite. This was a delightful peek into your life right now. I really enjoyed the photos and it brought a few memories. I always love the items that are crocheted or knitted. The blue kitchen is exactly what I would want, if I could have it. The pink bedspread on the bed was a favorite too.
    The bread, scones and tea look yummy too. I would just trade the tea for hot chocolate. I now want toasted cheese sandwich for sure. It's such a comfort food.
    I also loved various photos. I especially loved the two women visiting over the clothesline. I wish I had one now too.
    The pearls and etc. or lovely. Thanks for brightening my day. Believe it or not, I finally go a post off. I keep hoping to be back blogging more and more.
    Sending love and hugs!
    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!