Thursday 16 February 2023

My Favorite Things . . .

 



A few of the things that make me smile, bring happiness and joy, and make my heart go pitter pat. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. I say its worth a thousand smiles.




 

When the kids were growing up I used to have a larder just like this. Filled with lots of jars of home canned produce, jams, pickles.  Those were the days . . . 




The art of Ronald George Lampitt.  He was an artist from Sidcup in Kent in the UK.




Cinnamon rolls . . .  but that tea pot is calling  my name! Its so cute!


 


That shawl and those pintucks in that dress.  Love, love.


 


What a bright and busy kitchen!


 

Pretty tiles. All go together and yet no two are the same. 


 

Some more art I like, by Annie Ovenden.  Murmuration . . . 


 

Geraniums  . . . 


 

Colorful buttons  . . . 


 

Wooden Drying Racks  . . . 


 

Peppers  . . . . 


 

So pretty  . . .  it reminds me of a coffee table I once tole-painted  . . . 


 

Sewing supplies  . . . 


 

Hand knit sweaters  . . . 


 

Its a bee pillow!!! Love!


 

An embroidered watch face  . . . 


 

More art I love  . . . 


 

Hand crocheted doilies  . . . 


 


Love the colors  . . . 


 

Attic bedrooms  . . . 


 


A pot of stew  . . .  love me some stew.


 


Soon  . . . . 


And with that I will leave you with a thought for today  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
  ˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
 ˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*To keep our faces toward change
and behave like free spirits in 
the presence of fate
is strength undefeatable.
~Helen Keller   •。★★ 。* 。


 



In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Chicken Tender Nachos.  Low carb. Simple to make. Delicious.


Dad's eyes are a.o.k.  We were very pleased to find that out. We had been concerned as you know. We had a lovely supper out last night as well. He always sings to the waitress.  The waitresses all love him. My dad is pretty likeable I think! Love him to pieces.

I hope that you have a lovely day today! The sun is shining here and it is supposed to get quite warm. -11 yesterday +11 today.  There is no rhyme or reason.   Whatever you get up to today, stay safe and warm and don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    

   


4 comments:

  1. So many pretties today. Enjoy the lovely weather day. Back on the way down here. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! The warm temperatures will not last for sure! I saw a mosquito today though. UGH! xoxo

      Delete
  2. The chicken recipe looks delicious...I never knew that about black olives...thanks for that information...wonder what those chemicals are doing to our insides? Glad you had a fun dinner with Dad!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if we knew half of what went into what we ate we would be horrified Elizabeth! No wonder we have so many ailments! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!