Friday 24 February 2023

My Friday Finds . . .

 



A few of the things I find each week that inspire me to want to do better, to create, to become better, to read more, to watch, to just DO something! Things that delight, inspire, and bring me joy.  Maybe they will do the same thing for you!





New Vintage Studio.  Holly Hobbie transfers.   I have always loved Holly Hobbie.





PK Olson, Animal Comfort Dolls on Ravelry.  Cute. 





Drops Design. Free Pattern.  




Sewing Organizer tutorial on Etsy. Not free.  Tutorial pattern PDF.





Love these Velvet Acorns from The French Needle. They're tree ornaments.  So pretty.  




Garden Therapy.  Heavenly bath ideas.  




Tea Rose Home.  Magnetic Bottle Cap Pin Cushions.  





One Good Thing.  How to make lined envelopes.  




Poppytalk.  Easy tiny envelopes. 





Knit and Crochet Daily, Spring Flower hair clips.   






My Sew Called Crafty Life.  DIY Recipe Pot Holders.   





Bustle and Sew. Pin Cushion Mice.   




Bustle and Sew, Spring Bunny Wreath.   Spring is just around the corner. 




Petals to Picots.  Mini Easter Eggs to crochet. 





All About Ami. I love this cardigan.   

 

 


Stitching Together.  Free pattern.  




Beyond the Screen Door.  Recovering a lampshade. 


 

 


Picture Box Blue, free printable Natural History posters by Adolphe Millot. 



  



Lettering Daily.  5 hand lettering effects.   







Crafty Rie, How to crochet a pompom border.  I like this. 






Cherry Heart on Ravelry.  Love, LOVE this. I am crazy about cherry anything.






Crochet a block a week Blanket by Sharon Blignaut on Ravelry.  Very pretty.






Dishfunctional Designs.  Birds on china. Inspiration. Everything is so pretty. 






No source, just a novel way of repairing sweaters.  I love this. 





The Do's and Don'ts of Darning.  No source. Is darning a lost art?  I hope not!  







Take Care - Repair.  A photographic tutorial.  






I am so in love with these little embroidered dollies. I can't find a source.  Aren't they beautiful?   






Odd Knit.  Knitted Apples.  





Knitted Toadstools. Merrin Curley. I love these. 







Instructables.  Knitted Fish.  Cute!  A great scrap buster!

And those are my finds for this week.  I hope there was something of interest here for you! 

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Never be afraid to try something new,
beause life gets boring if  you 
always stay within the 
limits of what you already know.
~Unknown   ° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 




 


In The English Kitchen today  . . .  a compendium of my favorite baking books, and why they are my favorites.


Its snowing here this morning. We (Glenna and I) are supposed to go this afternoon to clean the chapel.  I hope we can get there alright.  We had a lovely ladies lunch yesterday. I ordered a Philly Steak sandwich and it was not very good, but maybe I am too fussy. It was a 4 inch slice of a hoagie bun opened out, toasted and then they had some deli roast beef on it. I counted two raw pieces of green pepper and some raw red onion, a ton of BBQ sauce and some cheese melted on top.  (I had heartburn all afternoon, lol!  That will serve me right!)  I did have a slice of pie for dessert that was okay, so that made up for it. It was just nice getting together with some friends from church.

Its my granddaughter Maryn's Birthday today.  She is turning 12.  I hope she has a lovely day.

I hope you have a beautiful Friday. Whatever you get up to, stay safe and warm, and don't forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ══════════

And I do too! 
 


8 comments:

  1. I embroidered the Holly Hobbie on the lower right, and still have it. Actually, one of my kids has it now, but my Mom saved it. I did it way back in High School Home Ec class. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once thought those cute herb soaps were nice..I stopped after the first.I don't want that in my bath lol:) The toadstools are YOU@

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they would make quite a mess come to think of it! UGH! I love toadstools, but you know that! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Sure takes a great deal of talent to make a lot of these items...and so many are so small...need good eyesight too eh? I admire the handiwork. Glad you had fun with the ladies, but my don't you hate being disappointed in the poor food prep in most restaurants these days? I just do not remember that ever happening when we ate out when I was growing up...it was always a treat!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooo many lovelies today….so creative and inspiring…who wouldn’t love love the dolls, bears, blanket, lessons and a custom lampshade!?! Happy warm weekend…xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much V! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend also! xoxo

      Delete
  5. I'm later today as we went out early for groceries and some other things. We beat the crowds that are usually at Walmart on Fridays. So many cute things to check out today. It is a lovely sunny day after snow/ice pellets. Nice to have a good lunch with your friend. Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The longer I live the more convinced I am that early shopping is the way to go! Happy weekend! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!