Tuesday 21 February 2023

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 


FOR TODAY, February 21, 2023  HAPPY PANCAKE DAY!

Outside my window...
The snow is all but gone. It was incredibly mild yesterday. I went across to my friend Glenna's to help her with her TV and her bulbs are up. This has been the weirdest winter ever. Not that I am complaining.

I am thinking...
I am thinking about March. Will it come in like a lamb or a lion?  We shall see!

I am thankful for...
Where do I start? My life is one big miracle. I am here for a reason. I am not sure what that reason is, but I am still here, when many others are not. I try to find the blessings held in each day.

In the kitchen...



One Pot Creamy Broccoli Pasta. One pan to clean up. No fuss. No muss. Delicious.

On my "to Cook" list ...


Home Based Mom. Oatmeal Lemon Cookies. Look and sound delicious!


Good to know ...



Every time . . .

Something to watch ...


Unforgotten on BritBox. If you are a fan of British Crime Drama you will love this series based on the use of modern forensics and technology to solve cold cases.

I am wanting to create ...



Free pattern for a Sock Elephant.  Did you know I love Elephants?  From Craft Passion.


 


 From Frou Frou. Granny Stitch Afghan. I love the colors! 



 Reality Daydream.  Playing Card Holders.  I contend that this is not just for kids. I would love one of these for myself. 




Eighteen Twenty Five.  Spring Doily Banner.



Free Printable Spring Art for the home.  From Landeelu.

I am reading ...



Abide With Me, by Elizabeth Strout. Katherine is only five-years-old. Struck dumb with grief at her mother's death, it is down to her father, the heartbroken minister Tyler Caskey, to bring his daughter out of silence she has observed in the wake of the family's tragedy.

But Tyler Caskey is barely surviving himself. His cold, church-assigned home is colder still since Lauren's death, and he struggles to find the right words for his sermons; struggles to be a leader to his congregation when he himself is lost.

 When Katherine's schoolteacher calls to discuss his daughter's anti-social behaviour, it sparks a chain of events that begins to tear down Tyler's defences. The small-town rumour-mill has much to make of Katherine's odd behaviour, and even more to say about Tyler's relationship with his housekeeper, Connie Hatch. And in Tyler's darkest hour, a startling discovery will test his congregation's humanity - and his own will to endure the kinds of trials that sooner or later test us all.

From the Orange Prize-shortlisted author of Amy & Isabelle, this is a startlingly beautiful novel about love and abandonment, faith and hypocrisy; and the peril of family secrets…

This is very good!   I am really enjoying it.

I am looking forward to ...
Lunch with the ladies on Thursday. Four of us older, single ladies from church are going out for lunch together!

Dreaming about ...



Classic cardigans  . . . 


Button trimmed yolks . . .


Cool linen . . .



Neck ties  . . . 



Yes please, so comfortable looking . . .

One of my favorite things ... 



Old leaflets  . . . 

Makes me smile ...

 

pretty embroidery  . . . 

Corners of my kingdom ...




 


Lucketts Vineyard up the Valley near Wolfville. My oldest son was born in Wolfville.  He will be 48 in May. How did that happen?


A thought to carry with you ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Do not be afraid or discouraged,
For the battle is not yours,
but God's.
~2 Chronicles 20:15•。★★ 。* 。

And that's my daybook for this week! 


   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 
  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 
 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       

6 comments:

  1. We really enjoyed Unforgotten..looks like a good book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good book! I Loved Unforgotten. Have watched them all and am watching them again! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I used those playing card holders when teaching, so easy to make. Pasta recipe looks good, will give it a try. Storm warning for us for tomorrow evening and over night - snow and ice rain. And just when the snow has just about vanished, it will be back again. Happy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to try making some. I am sure we will get whatever weather you are having next! Its a very unsettled time of year! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Lovely ideas here...gonna try your broccoli recipe...looks most yummy!! I have often cooked broccoli with a bit of butter and lemon juice on it when finished and we enjoy it that way...this looks even better!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love broccoli in any way shape or form Elizabeth! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!