Thursday 2 February 2023

My Favorite Things . . .

 

 


A few of the things that make me smile, bring happiness and joy, and make my heart go pitter pat. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. I say it's worth a thousand smiles.



 

At the risk of repeating  myself (and I know that I am) I love LOVE blue and white china. It is my favorite kind of china. Stripes, blue willow, etc. I just love blue and white china.




Pip Studio designs.  When I was in the UK I had some of their bedding. It was lovely. Bright and colorful and so pretty.



 


Vintage cooking ranges and old wooden floors.  When I was younger I would have loved to have lived in an old farm house with a stove and a floor like this one.


 

Embroidered Felt Hearts . . .  so pretty  . . . three of my great loves. Hearts. Felt. Embroidery.


 

A cottage bedroom  . . . 


 



The art of crochet  . . . 



 


Pretty soaps  . . . 



 

A front porch  . . . 

 

Pretty book covers  . . . 


 


The classics . . .  you can't beat them  . . . 



 


Embroidered linens  . . . 


 


Pretty bowls  . . . 


 

Embroidered socks  . . . 


 

Yes please . . . 

 

New fabrics and thread to match  . . . 



 


A cosy chair to sit in and a fire to sit next to  . . . 


 


Jam and scones  . . . 


 

Old wood  . . . 

 


This  . . . 

 

Tea towels  . . .  freshly laundered, preferably hung on the line  . . . 


 


Yes please  . . . a place for needles and threads  . . . or a jewelry case.

And those are my favorite things for this week.  I hope some of them were yours also! 




Happy Ground Hog Day!  Do you think he will see his shadow?  I think he probably will! Six more weeks of Winter as we head into a Polar Vortex.


A thought to carry with you . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
  ˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
 ˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Now and then in this workaday world,
things do happen in the delightful storybook 
fashion, & what a comfort that is.
~Louisa May Alcott  •。★★ 。* 。





In the English Kitchen today, Creamy Bowties Pasta.  A tasty side dish for two.

I hope you have a beautiful day filled with much that you love. I have my foot lady coming today to do my nails. Stay safe and warm wherever you are!  Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    

   

2 comments:

  1. No self respecting groundhog would get up today, way too cold! Spring will come regardless. But it is fun to see what he predicts. Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wiarton Willie did not see his shadow! Yeah, spring is coming. Loved all your favourites. Stay warm and cozy. Love and hugs, Elaine (in Toronto)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!