Friday 3 February 2023

My Friday Finds . . .

 

 


A few of the things I find each week that inspire me to want to do better, to create, to become better, to read more, to watch, to just DO something! Things that delight, inspire, and bring me joy.  Maybe they will do the same thing for you!





There is a brilliant tutorial on The Cards We Drew to make this pretty spring pinwheel wreath.   While I would not choose these exact colours for the background/ribbon, this is a really sound idea and I can envision how very pretty it would be with other colours!  It's really simple to make also.  I love simple!





I couldn't find a source for this, but I have fallen in love with this idea.   Drawer fronts decoupaged with different fabrics from your fabric stash.  You wouldn't even have to use a different one for each drawer.  You could use the same one on each drawer, or even fabric that matches your bedspread, etc.  What a delightful way to add some colour to a room!  I love it!





Kind of like this fairytale bed from Little Miss Liberty.  It costs a bomb, but how sweet is this!   A little girl's bed obviously, but how very charming.  Perfect for little princesses and fun to dream about!  I wonder what it would feel like falling asleep in something like this?





No source, but I love the pretty mix of fabrics in this footstool! The color as well. It would go perfectly in my living room area.




How to make your own pattern.  If you are a sewer this is fabulous.  Also if you have ever had a shirt or some such that you absolutely love and have no hope of ever finding another one just like it, this is just the ticket!  Make your own pattern using your own clothing as the guide!  Fab tutorial on Sweet Verbena.   I love it!


 


Twelve surprising uses for Vicks Vapo Rub on Divine Caroline.   And you thought it was just for when you have a cold!   Surprisingly it is good for all sorts!  Including getting rid of nail fungus (yikes!) and repelling mosquitoes!  Vicks Vapo Rub is the Winter scent of my childhood! I had so many colds and ear infections I used to spend all winter smelling like Vicks.  Mom used to put some on a flannel and pin it to the front inside of our nighties.





How to clean that oily sticky residue that sometimes accumulates on your kitchen appliances.   Find out how on  A Real Life Housewife! FABULOUS tip!




A free printable that you can download and colour in, using whatever colours you want to use.  I found this on a blog called Tried and True.   I love free printables.




Recycled jeans made into carrier bags from Crafty Recycling. This is nothing new.   We used to make things out of our old jeans when I was a teen.  We also used to sew materials onto the bottoms of our jeans to lengthen them and make them pretty or add wedges of fabric to make them really wide bell bottomed!  Yes, we have always been creative!




And while we are on that vein of thought, look at this picture of a fridge magnet I found.  It is made from the recycled pocket of an old pair of jeans.   A bit of embroidery on the hemline and it's the perfect size to pop onto the fridge to hold a pen and your grocery coupons.  Pretty too!





The cutest little love birds ever, found on Country Kitty Land.   I actually have this pattern.  I bought it on Etsy from someone else.  (The Paper Shed) I have had it for yonks and not done anything with it.  I think it's time to rectify that!  These are adorable.  I love the pale colours of felt she used and the red and white trims.  




This is a fabulous idea.  I found it on Scrapstudio Tumblr.   I love the idea of spelling out Home Sweet Home on a wall in the house.  I would not use these exact type of letters per se, and maybe not these colours, but I love the haphazard look of it.  It looks like the letters just found each other and spelt out what this is, a home sweet home!  I love it!




Now this is a very Ingenius use for an old yard stick as a curtain rod.   It's from Itsy Bitsy Pieces.   I can appreciate that these types of things are difficult to find, but I love the idea.   I think that some people are so visionary when they see old things and can think up new ways to repurpose them.  I am just not that talented or visionary!




Look at this!!  It's an Ottoman made from a styrofoam cooler!  Found on Imparting Grace




I love fonts.  I use them a lot with the wording on my art work and it's even better when they are free fonts.  There is no end to resources for free ones on the net, but I found these and I really like them.   You can find the links to download them here at 7th House on the Left.  What a cute couple they are.   My favourites are the Lavanderia and American Typewriter.




While I am at it, if you are a fan of the chalkboard look, you can find some great chalkboard fonts at Nest of Posies ! Is the chalkboard look out of date now?




How to turn simple tin cans into pretty vases for the home.  In fact there are 50 different ways to repurpose tin cans for use in the home on this fab page, By Stephanie Lyn.   There are some really gorgeous ideas there.  I may use a few of them myself!!




Make your own veggie flowers!  Wouldn't these be fab when you are serving dips and veggies?   I can see it being a great way to get squeamish kids to eat some veggies, and they would make brilliant garnishes, not to mention being really cute.



A cute little Love Birds Diorama from House of Humble.   There is a complete tutorial on the page.  I think it is just adorable. 




These jar lids are soooooooo beautiful.   How to Emboss a Jar Lid.  A total list of supplies and instructions on VintaJ.  Just lovely.   


 


Nail polish flowers done on craft wire.   I can remember doing something similar years ago using fabric covered wire and scraps of gaily coloured fabric.  You just made a petal shaped loop with the wire, leaving a long end  free.  You then coated the petal look with tacky glue and pressed it onto the fabric with the "long stem" part sticking up.  Once it dried you cut the petals out around the edges of the fabric wire and used the long stems to twist several together to make flowers.  Very pretty and you could tailor your Bouquet to your room's color scheme.



Campbell's Soup Dolls!  I had these exact same ones when I was a little girl.  I remember saving up soup labels for months and months along with my allowance and sending away for them.  I was so excited when they came.  I loved them.  I wonder what ever happened to them . . . sigh . . . when I saw this picture all these memories came flooding back!  I love it when that happens!




There is a fabulous downloadable and printable chart on Spring Cleaning (It is right around the corner), plus a host of other tips  on Living Well Spending Less.  Fabulous site for getting organized and keeping organized.  I always need help with this type of thing.  Organization that is. My sister is a brilliant organizer.


And that's it for this week!  I hope you found something  new to try here today.   I love finding new things that are helpful!

A thought to carry with you through today . . .

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
  ˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
 ˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*"When the trees bow down their heads . . . 
the wind is passing by."
~Christina Rossetti  •。★★ 。* 。 




In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup with Horseradish Cream.  From the NYTimes cooking site.  Its fabulously delicious!


I hope you have a great Friday! Its snowy out here this morning and the snow is still falling. It's not quite as cold as it is supposed to get yet. My brother said it was -40 with the windchill in Ottawa yesterday!  That's cold! Last night when I talked to dad he was snuggling in his bed under his electric blanket because he had forgotten to put on his heat pump.  I just spoke to him this morning however and he is now toasty warm.  Whatever you get up to stay warm and don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    

   



3 comments:

  1. I love the dresser idea. I still have one out in the barn I need to sand and restain, so this is a great idea for our spare bedroom. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. -25 Celsius here with wind chills close to -35, a stay home day for sure. Lots of cute idea today, veggie/fruit flowers are so cute, too bad I don't entertain anymore. Stay warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is going cold here again...the soup looks yummy!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!