Tuesday 14 February 2023

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 

FOR TODAY, February 14th, 2023

Outside my window ...
Its just getting light out. Dull and grey. Small piles of dirty snow, -3*F. This has been the weirdest winter. With temperatures swinging back and forth and lots of rain, very little snow. I'm not complaining. I just hope we don't get all of our winter's snow dumped on us in March! Its been known to happen!

I am thinking ...
Had a lovely facetime yesterday with my friend Jo in the UK. We talked for almost 2 hours and the time just flew by. I love that I still have this contact with my good friends that I made when I lived over there. Of course Jo and I both worked at the Manor. I have always considered our friendship to be one of the best things that came out of that experience. Love her and her husband Colin to bits. It was so nice to get to spend that time with her yesterday.

I am thankful for ...
It may seem boring to some, but here I go. Faith. Family. Friends. Home. Health. KitKats. My ability to provide a living for myself. I am blessed.

In the kitchen ...



Nothing fancy today, just some pretty darned delicious BBQ Chicken BLT Burgers with some crispy Sweet Potato Wedges on the side. Sized for two.


On my "To Cook" list ...


Six Sisters.  Low Fat Tex Mex Chicken Casserole. Love everything about this.


Good to know ...


Something to watch ...


Semi based on a true story.


I am wanting to create ... 


No source, but I love it.



Rusty Crow. I love pin cushions.



Prim Penny. So cute.



Wattle and Loop on Instagram



No source, but I love everything about this. Crochet edging. Hand embroidery. On a plain cardi.


I am reading ...






THE LIGHT IN THE DARK, A winter journal, by Horatio Clare

As November stubs out the glow of autumn and the days tighten into shorter hours, winter’s occupation begins. Preparing for winter has its own rhythms, as old as our exchanges with the land. Of all the seasons, it draws us together. 

But winter can be tough. It is a time of introspection, of looking inwards. Seasonal sadness; winter blues; depression—such feelings are widespread in the darker months. But by looking outwards, by being in and observing nature, we can appreciate its rhythms. 

Mountains make sense in any weather. The voices of a wood always speak consolation. A brush of frost; subtle colors; days as bright as a magpie’s cackle. We can learn to see and celebrate winter in all its shadows and lights. In this moving and lyrical evocation of a British winter and the feelings it inspires, Horatio Clare raises a torch against the darkness, illuminating the blackest corners of the season, and delving into memory and myth to explore the powerful hold that winter has on us. 

By learning to see, we can find the magic, the light that burns bright at the heart of winter: spring will come again.

It is an easy read.

I am looking forward to ...

 


Spring.  Isn't everyone?


Dreaming about ...

 

Heart Shaped Windows  . . . 

 

Brie and Bacon Omelets  . . . 


 

Pink tulips  . . . 


 

Heart Shaped Pizzas  . . . 


 

Bees and embossed rolling pins  . . . 


Makes me smile ...


Remembering when they were this small . . . blue eyes and whiskers.  Love them both so much.


Corners of my kingdom ...


The sunset from my front window last night  . . . 

A thought to carry with you ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
  ˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
 ˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*.Let us always meet each other
with a smile, for the smile is the
beginning of Love.
~Mother Teresa  •。★★ 。* 。

And that's my daybook for this week! 


   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 
  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 
 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       

4 comments:

  1. That was a gorgeous sunset to see. Spring teaser this week, enjoying it while we can. Looking for robins, they usually return around this time. How lovely to chat with a friend in England. Enjoy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Linda! I have had my eyes on the lookout for robins also! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Would love to live in such an apt...only people on either side...no one upstairs etc...it is a lovely setting...glad you have it!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very lucky indeed to have this setting Elizabeth and because they are all senior's complexes, there are no party animals, lol God bless! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!