Sunday 11 October 2020

Change . . .


I want you to know that my husband is not sick, at least not physically. He does not have alzheimers, nor has his cancer come back. Anyone who really knows me, knows that I would never leave this person who I have loved more than life itself for the last 20 years because he is ill or losing his memory, or anything like that. I made eternal covenants with this man.  Temple covenants. Promises in front of God.  Promises I have never taken lightly.  Promises I have always kept. 

I cannot tell you right now what I have been going through for the last two years.  The way my life has fallen apart completely in just the last two months. What I can tell you is that, knowing everything, there is not a one of you who would not make the exact same choice I am making, and many of you would have made it much sooner. 

It is quite easy to sit on the outside and look in and to make judgements about people without knowing all the facts.  In reality, what we see is only what people allow us to see, or what they are allowed to let us see. 

In time, I may be brave enough to tell you what exactly is going on, has been going on, but know this one thing for sure.  There is no way I would risk everything in the middle of a Global Pandemic to leave all that I have, to move halfway across the world, if there was any other choice I could make.

Mitzie will be fine. She will be with my friend Tina until such a time as I can bring her over to be with me. This is for our safety, mentally, emotionally and physically. That's all I will and can say about it at this time.  

The only reason I wrote anything about this yesterday was because many of you had been asking me what was up amongst other questions.  I have always tried to be honest and truthful in all of my writings and in what I have shared. I could not keep up a false front any longer.  To do so would be a deep disservice to myself and to you.  This is the last I will say about this for now. All future posts will be about other things. 
 
“We will endure this, yes. 
But we will do more than simply grit our teeth, 
hold on and wait for things to return to the old normal. 
We will move forward, and we will be better as a result.”
~Dieter F Uchtdorf


24 comments:

  1. Sending hugs, Marie!! I am glad Tina will be caring for Mitzie too!! Will be praying as you make all these transitions!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do not have to explain anything to anyone, you must do what is best for you. I really hope none of your readers have dared ask you outright what the issue is. People expect so much today from bloggers, when we wouldn't dream of asking a stranger in the street!!
    You stay safe and stay strong, I hope you have a support network, some good friends in the UK to hold you up until you are able to travel to Canada.
    As an aside, we bought our dog to the USA from Germany as excess baggage. She went in the aircraft hold in a crate as pets normally travel, but we just paid for the extra weight. It was only 180 Euros, so something to bear in mind.
    Finally, sorry long reply I would be happy to contribute to a gofund me or something similar if it would help with travel costs for you and your pup as I'm sure others would be....something to consider. Maybe have your son set it up for you??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I am worried about the stress on her due to her age, she is 10, but hopefully all will be well. She is my baby. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Dear Marie, I was so pleased to hear Mitzi will be in good hands. You are a good, honest, and Brave person. I admire your courage. You stay in my prayers always. Dale xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marie, last comment today I promise, but "it's not Velveeta pizza," has a great idea. If someone starts you a " Go fund me page" for you please let us know, I am sure most of your friends would give, and every little bit would add up. So do discuss it with your son who is ever so helpful to you. Dale

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that your heart is very heavy right now, but GOD knows every detail and His Love is sufficient for our every need. Changes happen in life and the only thing that we must do is to search our hearts, search GOD's will and move forward. Prayers continue for you. Joy comes in the morning! hopefully, your morning is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Marie~

    You don't ever need to explain what brought you to this extremely difficult decision, and I pray that no one will jump to conclusions or make judgements, and I'm so sorry if that has happened. I know how extremely difficult this decision must have been for you.

    I'm so glad that Mitzi will be taken care of until she can be with you, and I know that that was another very difficult decision to make. The quote at the beginning of your post was perfect...change is scary...but you are strong and courageous and will get through this.

    You and Todd are both in my prayers. XOXO

    Much Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Barb. It means a lot. xoxo

      Delete
  7. I’m sorry to learn how difficult things have been for you personally while still trying to earn a living and produce great recipes. Your life in the UK has been rich and varied and will always be a big part of your story. I hope Todd is at peace with this decision also. You will miss Mitzi terribly. Your blog friends are all wishing you well. Good Luck Angharad

    ReplyDelete
  8. The idea of setting up a "Go Fund Me" is a genius idea..I urge you to do so and allow those of us who have already walked this same walk help you make this giant change to your life easier and less stressful. We KNOW what it's like. We want you and Mitzi safe. We want you to be able to move to Canada safely and with the least stress possible. Available money smoothes the way. You need to have funds that you can access and use at a moments notice...to fully move your things and act immediately if the situation warrants it. I want to contribute...can't until you get it set up. Sooner rather than later. sending lavender scented de-stressing hugs to you...don't delay..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, dear, Marie, hard to believe people are judging your decision to move back to Canada and leave Todd. You have a right to your privacy. So glad Mitzie will be in good hands until she can join you. I was happy to hear that. Go Fund Me page sounds like a great idea. We want to help. Perhaps we could make a donation on your English Kitchen blog? Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Honestly..someone has judged you?
    I know you would never leave a soul in need.
    The circumstances have to be completely out of the contexts you enumerated as you are a caregiver caretaker..loyal to the bone..
    You have always been so truthful and honest..and again..you are being so..
    If anyone is judging you..send them to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be sure to do that Monique. Thank you. xoxo

      Delete
  11. Remember you are loved, you are strong and brave, all will be well and you must follow your gracious and good heart. Prayers and best wishes. V.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are stronger then you think, smarter then you realized and inspire more people then you know. Prayers to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I appreciate and need all the prayers I can get at the moment. xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!