Tuesday 13 October 2020

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

FOR TODAY, October 13, 2020

Outside my window ...
Its cold and dark. It will be a while before the sun rises. I am waking up pretty early these days. But then again, I have always been an early riser.  I had a bear dream night before last. Its been a very long time since I dreamt about bears. When I do they are chasing me. It could be the bears are my fears. Maybe I need to face them and just stare them down. Who knows! I have always had very vivid dreams.

I am thinking ...
It is starting to look like I will not be able to bring anything with me, except my suitcase and I don't even have one of those yet. The cost of shipping anything over to Canada is out of my reach. I can't believe that once again I will have to start over with just the clothes on my back, and for something that is not my doing or my fault. Losing all the things my mother gave me, all my art, everything. It breaks my heart. It is a bit soul destroying, but it is what it is. And even losing everything  is still worth the price to pay to have my safety, dignity and freedom. I need a miracle  . . .

I am thankful for ...
My faith and the love of family and friends, for without that I am not sure how I would go on. 

In the Kitchen ... 


In the kitchen today, Herbed Turkey Burgers.  No roasted Thanksgiving Turkey for me yesterday, but I did have a tasty turkey burger.  There is always next year. 

On my "To Cook" list ... 


Taste of Home.  Finnish Christmas Cookies. 

Good to know ... 
 
I am creating ... 

In all truth not a lot, but I can dream. One day  . . .

 
Madamoiselle Be.  Stunning examples of needlework. 
 
 
Lilypond on Instagram  . . .  
 
 
Bellisima Kids.  Adorable House Pin Cushion. 


Cosy Project.  Margeaux Davis. 
 
 Frog and Cast. The cutest frog and toad knitting pattern. Not free, nor cheap, but adorable.

I am reading ...
I just can't get into a book at the moment. Basically I am reading through conference talks, my scriptures, etc.  Things that are short and sweet.  Uplifting stuff. One day I will read again and enjoy it.

Dreaming about ... 

 
These matching dresses were worn by the Stetson Sisters, granddaughters of the founder of Stetson hats.  They were worn in 1927. 
 

Pretty bun ties  . . . 

 
Sigh  . . . 


Soft and furry paws  . . . 


So beautiful  . . . 

Something to watch ... 
 

Larkise to Candleford. A bit of escapism . . . 

Makes me smile ... 

 
Only a cat  . . . 

Corners of my kingdom ... 



“Of all the paths you take in life, 
make sure a few of them are dirt.” 
~John Muir.  
 
📸 Bidean nam Bian, Glencoe, Scotland majestic range of mountains on the south side of Glen Coe, by Pixelda. 

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
No elegance is possible 
without perfume.
It is the unseen, unforgettable
ultimate accessory.
~Coco Chanel  ° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 


And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!  
    






7 comments:

  1. Pack up your absolutely most precious items ready to be shipped overseas including address (family member). Take pictures of whatever you cannot put in this box. (Make the box as light and small as possible.) Leave it with your friend, ready to go, minus shipping cost. As soon as you can, send for it. If you photograph the contents, you might find that that is enough also. Try to look at this move as the opportunity to declutter and the start of a more minimal life. I know it’s difficult, but a number of us have done similarly at a point in our lives. It’s an opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, if you cannot afford to ship it now, you may be able to later on. Have it all ready to go and see what happens later on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marie~

    I agree Marie, box up what you want to keep, don't leave your precious items behind. I know there are people who would store them for you, even if you have to leave a box at the homes of several different people. When you can afford to have some things sent to you, even if it's not the whole box, then do it. Please don't leave your art behind, or anything that belonged to your mom, it's too precious. Take what you can bring with you, and there will be a way to get the rest later, I promise. I'm sure it seems completely hopeless right now, but don't give up.

    Sending many prayers your way. XOXOX

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Marie~

    I agree, do not leave your precious items behind. Box them up and leave them with several different friends if you have to. Laura had a wonderful idea in taking pictures of what is in each box, I would even number them so you will know what is inside, and who has what. Even if you can only afford to have one box a month shipped, it is at least something. You have so many people who love you Marie, you are not alone...ever.

    Hugs and Love to you,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!