Tuesday 27 October 2020

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

FOR TODAY, October 27th, 2020

Outside my window ...

Its dark and dry and cool.  Very quiet. But it is only 5:30 a.m. Last few mornings I have been up at about quarter to four and not been able to get back to sleep. I've listened to conference talks, prayed, etc. I hope the time change sorts itself out on my brain soon. I hate the time change. I wish they would leave time alone. 

I am thinking ...

Not a lot. Trying not to think really. Blood test this afternoon at the hospital. Hope it all goes well.

I am thankful for ...

All the prayers and support of my friends, readers, family, etc.  They really do mean the world to me. That is not just words. I don't think I will ever be able to pay people back for what they have done and a doing for me, but I will try.

In the kitchen ... 


 
On my "To Cook" list ... 
 
 
Half Baked Harvest.  Beer Braised Chicken Pot Pie with Cheddar Biscuits. Looks delicious! 
 
Good to Know ... 
 
 
I am wanting to create ... 
 
 
Ravelry.  Sharon Winsauer. DIY Knitted Snowflakes.

 
Ravelry.  Cottage Tablet Cosy. Fluff and Fuzz.


 
Lion. Simple Garter Stitch Backpack. 
 
 

Handknitted things on Etsy.  Stashbuster key ring. Cute! 
 
 
Toy Shelf. Secret Santa Goodie Bag. 
 
I am reading ... 

 
Praying Women, by Sheila Walsh 

Sheila Walsh shares practical advice directly from God’s word, showing us how to: 
  • know what to say when you pray 
  • understand how to use prayer as a weapon when you are in the midst of a struggle 
  • pray as joy-filled warriors, not anxious worriers 
  • let go of the past and stand on God’s promises for you now 

Sometimes when your mind is all abuzz, you just need a little bit of something extra to help you focus. 
 
Dreaming about ...

Glass door knobs  . . . 

(source
 
Forget me nots  . . . 

 
Flowery Curtains  . . . 



Hot chocolate with toasted marshmallow  . . .   



Roaring fires to toast your toes  . . . 


Something to watch ... 

 
Fascinating peek into people as you have perhaps never seen them before . . . 

Makes me smile ... 


Facetimes with Jake. He is a real character and a half. Personality plus! 

Corners of my kingdom ... 
 
(source
 

"Just before the death of flowers, 
And before they are buried in snow, 
There comes a festival season 
When nature is all aglow.” 
~Author Unknown. 
 
 📸 Twistleton Scar,Ingleborough,Yorkshire Dales, England by Mehcee. 
 
A thought to carry with you ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.
"I have always been delighted 
at the prospect of a new day, 
a fresh try, one more start, 
with perhaps a bit of magic waiting 
somewhere behind the morning.” 
~ J. B. Priestley•。★★ 。* 
 

And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!  
     


8 comments:

  1. Hope all goes well with your appointment today, Marie! We're getting used to the time change this week too... although, I find the autumn change easier. But do we need the time changes in these modern days?! CUTE finds here today--love those tiny snowflakes... and I'll take a cup of the hot chocolate with toasty marshmallows--yum! Be taking good care... Hang in there, sweetie! ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why must there be payback?
    When you give something..it's a gift..
    I knew someone once who criticized gifts they received in our presence..not expensive enough..cheap..etc.The first time I was flabbergasted.Who does that?
    I love that saying..Do something nice for someone ..but don't tell people you did.
    I mean why advertise to the world on social media that you did something?

    Cracks me up.
    So I would think the friends..people..family..church members that are helping do not want anything in return.
    Gift..first letter G for Give ..
    We change the time this weekend.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always been delighted
    at the prospect of a new day,
    a fresh try, one more start,
    with perhaps a bit of magic waiting
    somewhere behind the morning.

    This one of my favorite quotes. And it's true each day is exciting and always brings something new our way. I don't like the time change at all and never really adjust until it changes back again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marie, you’ve made my day. Lovely lovely day book. I’ll take that Jake, thank you. Wonderful photos, ideas and inspirations, words. Stay strong, be happy, V

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is talk here of not doing the time change anymore...most people seem to favor that too. It is a pain! It is cold now here, and I just put the heavy blankets on the bed again...wow do we sleep better!! It is amazing what heavy blankets and a heavy quilt can do for sleeping!! Your grandson is a cute kid...isn't it going to be grand to be with him in person!! I bet you can hardly wait!!
    Hugs, Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying all goes well with your appointment today. I enjoyed reading your daybook entry; it was a good one. This time more knitting projects which were very fun. I did knit once upon a time, but more into crocheting. I love the white snowflake.
    Your book looks very interesting; such positive thoughts on prayer and we need that.
    One of my favorite areas to look at or read is the Dreaming About. You do have some good ones. I am ready for a cup of hot Chocolate for sure. It's getting colder here.
    Jake is a cute one for sure.
    Sending prayers, love and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Raising my hand to register a nay vote to the time change also. I find it more disruptive and harder to adjust to the older I get (like pretty much everything, lol). But honestly, it feels like i"m chasing the clock all day when the time change, then just as you get used to it after a few months and the daylight seems just about right... the darn thing jumps ahead again!

    The Yorkshire Dales are so desolate in the most mesmerising and tranquil way. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marie~

    I just love the picture of Jacob! I know you are excited to see that handsome face in person...and it will happen!

    Your friends and family love you, Marie...don't ever think you need to pay back a gift. The best payback is for you to be content, happy and home. We all love you.

    I just love the floral curtains, the glass door knob and the crackling fire. I have just recently discovered that I can't eat chocolate! I love it, but my body doesn't...sad but true :0(

    I don't like the change of time either...I vote to keep to NOT change it.

    Stay safe, know that you are loved and prayed for! XOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!