Thursday 22 October 2020

My favourite things . . .

 https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 

 

These are a few of my favourite things. Maybe some of them are your favourites too. It is a good to take your mind off things that are bringing you down and to dwell on the good more often than not. You can admire without wanting. What can I say, I like to look at pretty things! 

 
Blackbirds. They have the most beautiful song.  I love the Beatles Song about Blackbird as well. It is so beautiful. 
 
 
This is my favourite colour combination. When I get settled I am going to get me some yarn and  make me a blanket with these colours. 
 
 
Wooly socks. I need to get some  . . .  
 
 
Butternut squash soup.  Thick, rich and velvety . . . 

 
The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady  . . . 


Black Cats  . . . 

 
Lamp light  . . . . 

 
Woolen throws  . . . 

 
Winter Squash  . . .  oddly enough I did not care for it as a child. I love it now. 
 
 
Wood fires to warm your toes  . . . . 

 
Indian Corn  . . . 


Sturdy shoes like Oxfords  . . . 

 
Oh my  . . . . 

 
French pastries  . . . 

 
A place to gather in  . . . God willing  . . . 

 
Hearts in nature . . . 

Gretchen Ellen Powers 
 
Country visitors  . . . 

 
This moment  . . .  only in fairytales  . . . 

 
Sunflowers  . . .  

 
Things with meaning, that speak to you  . . .  words on things.  
 
And those are my favourite things for this week  . . . 

I got my blood test results yesterday. I need to go for more.  To check my Ferratin levels. I am always struggling with my iron. That would explain some of my tiredness. So on Tuesday to the hospital.  Tina will take me. Can you believe there are no appointments for blood tests at my Docs for weeks and weeks.  

Someone said to me yesterday, I thought you and Todd were solid.  The thing is so did I. This has broken my heart and I think it will be a long time before I can ever trust my life to someone like that ever again, if ever.  I think never. Three strikes I'm out. Family and friends only from here on in.
 
 
A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.
Think the best of each other,
especially of those 
you say you love,
Assume the good and
doubt the bad.
~Jeffrey R Holland•。★★ 。* 。 
 
 

In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Black Forest Brownies.  Oh my goodness  . . .  I had to give them away. 

I hope you have a lovely day today.  Filled with perhaps a few of your favourite things.  Don't forget  . . . 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!  
     


















































20 comments:

  1. Hi, Marie! What a gathering of delights here today! LOVE that color combo your your one-day blanket--beautiful! Love the look of that cottage--I do hope you find somewhere good to land. And Luk & Loreli's first kiss--YES!! I've had a hankering for some Gilmore Girls lately--autumn does that to me! ;) Very much hoping all goes OK with your further test, and that you can bump up your iron. I struggle with iron all.the.time. Must say, I think we're all in a bit of shock along with you. We thought you & Toddy were solid too. I'm so sad and sorry for you both. Family & friends will always have you--that's the beauty of that. LOVE YOU, my friend ((BIG HUGS)) P.S. those brownies look sooo GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy. What is it about the Gilmore Girls and Autumn that fit so well together! I know I need to email you. I will. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. OH my...in the days when we could eat those Ghiradelli brownies...they were the very best!! One thing in college home ec class I learned was that boxed mixes were a much higher grade of flour than we could buy, thus actually were tastier...amazing!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an interesting factoid about the flour Elizabeth! Also did not know you did home ec in college! How wonderful! xoxo

      Delete
    2. Heh...well I did not finish however...someone talked me into marrying them...so I quite partway through my junior year...it was during Vietnam you know...
      Elizabeth xoxo

      Delete
    3. It was obviously a good choice for you! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Such beautiful favourites, Marie. Everything is in harmony. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three strikes you're out in my life..friendship wise.
    People always have impressions..of solid..who really knows right?
    My neighbour cannot go to Fl as they have since I have known them..a loooong time..for all the winter months ..she had to buy boots and a coat:)I offered her a coat but when I came in I thought..we don't even have the same style at all..she didn't take me up on it:)
    I actually felt better then..
    I think I have that book:):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that book. I hope I can keep it. I have come to learn that all you really know about people is what they show you, and even then they can hide. I am perhaps a bit cynical at the moment. Three husbands, three failures, and I am not Elizabeth Taylor. I know when I am beaten, lol ! I will need to buy winter clothing. oy vey! xoxo

      Delete
  5. As always, so many mutual favourite things. Lamplight, woodfires and the warm hues of autumn...blackbirds, black cats, bunny bums and hearts in nature, always! A jarring needle-scratch on the oxfords for me though. They were the school uniform footwear of my childhood, jet black and polished to a mirror finish every morning. I felt conspicuously like a drill sergeant among my classmates more comfortable looking un-shiny shoes. With maturity came an appreciate for my mother's attention to detail and pride of presentation for her daughter at school, but that was definitely not my mindset as a headstrong, stroppy kid. Much love, Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I had my moments as well. I remember throwing my shoes over the bridge into the river when I was 14 because I hated them and wanted a new pair. Then I told my mom they were stolen. I remember being terrified I would get caught out in my lie. If I am not mistaken, I think I did. Get caught that is. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  6. I do love my wool socks especially in the winter. Nothing else will keep my feet warm and when they are warm, then so am I.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to learn how to knit socks Pam! xoxo

      Delete
  7. This is a nice place to dwell and see lovely photos of favorite things and hear kind words. V

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marie~

    Trust is something that needs to be earned...having your heart broken is the hardest to recover from, but you will...in time.

    I absolutely love these favorite things! so many good things to look at and just drooling over those brownies! The heart on that little calf's behind is adorable...I love cows. The colors are gorgeous and cozy, in all the finds. I'm looking forward to seeing that beautiful blanket after you get home and settled!

    I can only imagine what all of this has done to your health, I hope it all get sorted out at the doctor.

    All will be well, Marie. Trust needs to start with truth and end with truth, you will find trust again...in time.

    Always in our prayers...sweet friend XOXOX

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Physical health, mental health, etc. I just want it over, but must be patient for a bit longer. Love and hugs and many thanks for your sweet prayers. xoxo

      Delete
  9. You have some great photos of favorite things. I would love some blankets like that; the colors are lovely. I need some wool socks too; sooner that I would like. Squash soup sounds so good; I need to make some since we did grow squash this year. the black cat is perfect for now and I do love lamp light. I remember those oxford shoes.
    I hope you can get your iron up and I am sure that will help a lot.
    I'm continuing in prayer for you.
    Sending lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much LeAnn! I think I would feel a lot stronger and not so tired if I can up my iron. Your prayers are very much appreciated. xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!