Monday 26 October 2020

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 

 

 

"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard   

A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life.   It's the small things in life which truly mean the most.  Simple abundance . . . it's the best.   

 

 
I have always struggled with time changes. Our clocks went back an hour this past weekend.  The last two mornings I have been awake at 4:00 am. I have lay there in bed struggling to get back to sleep both mornings. This morning I decided to use the extra hour as an extra prayer time. I didn't leave my bed, but instead lay there and offered up silent prayers to my Heavenly Father over a myriad of things. It is not hard to find something to pray about, some one to pray for, especially in these challenging times we are all going through. 
 
(Ariana and Grace, June 2020)

Ariana stopped by with Grace to see me last night. It was so very nice to see them. Grace is growing up so quickly.  She is a little girl now and becomes more beautiful like her mama every time I see her. She is a delight.  I only cried once. I let down my guard once and the tears came, but I did quite well otherwise. She was wearing the cutest little teddy bear coat.  It just made you want to huggle her to death, but of course right now, no hugs.

I long for a day when I don't have to feel uncomfortable about people coming to and into my house. 
 

“Some blessings come soon, some come late, and 
some don't come until heaven; 
but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come.”
~Jeffrey R Holland 
 
I think it is a good thing to be able to ponder on your days and to find something good to embrace in each one of them. That is how I have always tried to live my life and just because I am going through a difficult time at the moment, that doesn't mean that there is not something good in each day to hold on to.  Sometimes it is something as small and simple as finding a feather, and other times it is something much more noticeable like the visit of a much beloved friend and her daughter. Perhaps it is a message on facebook, or a letter in the post, or even an e-mail.  A message from a son which says simply, I love you mom.  


All people need to know that they are loved 
and that someone cares about what happens to them. 

Throughout the years, whenever someone's name has come into my mind, I have stopped and said a little prayer for them, or shot them a quick message, or picked up the phone. If I am not comfortable doing that, then I have sent them a note in the post. Just some acknowledgement that you are thinking about them, be it on a large scale or a small, can make all the difference in the world. People just need to know that somebody cares.  I have to say all of you are very good at that.  It is noted and very much appreciated, even if I don't always have the chance to respond as quickly as I would like to.
 

 
Everyone needs a sacred space.  Someplace where they can escape to and find peace when all around them is raging. 
 
 
Mitzie has been especially cuddly lately. She is often by my side and if I am just sitting she crawls up next to me and puts her head in my lap or her paws.  Animals know when all is not right with us, even if we try to keep it inside.  My deepest fervent prayer is not just that I am able to find a place to live, but that when I do, it is a place that I can have Mitzie with me. The thought of losing her too is almost more than I can bear. I know, to some that is silly.  She's just a dog, but she is my baby, and has been my constant companion for over ten years, through thick and through thin. Ever constant, never changing, always loving without reservation or judgement. 
 
Yesterday was a day when the phone did not stop ringing and people were at the door several times. Even though I had asked specifically for people not to come or bother us.  (Except for Ariana, she was most welcome.  She is family, as is Tina.) I had no less than three phone calls, and our landlord was at the door at one point. I could hear him out here talking to Todd about me leaving.  I know that people are judging me.  That all they see is this woman who is abandoning her 82 year old husband.  But they don't know the truth.  I have said to Todd, I don't care what people think, I have broad shoulders. Let them think what they will. But deep down I know this isn't true. I do care which is why I need to be away from here more sooner than later. To delay it for any reason is destructive . . .  emotionally, mentally, physically. Each day I pray for the strength to do just that. 
 
A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Change doesn't have to be hard
and healing doesn't have to hurt.
Surely by now you know that
everything happens for a reason.
There is something better
awaiting you on the other side of this.
~Iynla Vanzant  •。★★ 。* 。• 。* 。 
 
 
 


In The English Kitchen today . . .  Pan Roasted Chicken Breasts with Thyme.  Quite simply delicious.  (I know I say that all the time.)

Have a wonderful week. I hope you are blessed beyond measure.  Don't forget along the way . . . 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

and I do too!   










11 comments:

  1. Blessings as you do what you must!! I wondered if Grace and parents knew you were leaving. To those who are your real friends and those who love you, all will be understood. Take good care, my friend!! Hope to hear you are soon on your way!!
    Elizabeth with prayers and hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the people that I care about all know I am leaving. Thanks Elizabeth! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Can't wait for you to leave.I know you can't wait more..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be an arduous journey but the end picture will keep me going. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hi Marie~

    This will all end soon...you will be where you should be. Little Grace is so adorable, what a blessing to have had her and her mom stop by, such a cutie. It's hard not to worry about what others think, but it's okay, just keep your eye on the future. Much love to you dear friend, many prayers heading your way! XOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb. I am trying. Your prayers are so very welcome and appreciated. xoxo

      Delete
  4. I do believe everything happens for a reason. We may not know what is coming our way but we do have to hope for the best. Will be praying you can keep your sweet Mitzie by your side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Pam. I know it will be a little while before she can come over but I am hoping I can find a place that I can rent that will allow her to be there. xoxo

      Delete
  5. Know you are loved by so many and that good things, really, really good things are coming your way....soon. Prayers and love, V

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a lovely hope filled post and I needed it today. I loved all the quotes and hope it is OK to use them here and there.
    Praying does bring me great peace. I often pray like you did and I know it helps my day go better.
    I love the sweet photo of your dear friend and her daughter. I am so happy that they visited. They have been such endearing friends. I know your heart must be breaking to leave dear friends.
    Counting blessings and having a grateful heart does help us a lot during difficult times. I also loved your thoughts on how you reach out to people. I try to do this but I don't think I hop on it when I first have the thought like I should.
    I will pray that you can have Mitzie with you. I really can't imagine life without our Sammy. They truly are family in so many ways and they do love us and never judge.
    I'm sad that you feel you are being judged about your situation. People should not judge one another that is up to our Savior only. He knows our hearts and our needs for doing what is best.
    I do pray that you can get settled soon.
    Sending lots of love and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!