Tuesday 20 October 2020

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

  

 

FOR TODAY, October 20th, 2020

Outside my window...
Its dark and cool.  Very quiet. Very autumnal.

I am thinking ... 
Yesterday I spent no less than 4 1/2 hours on the telephone trying to open a new bank account in a bank I already have a joint account with and whom I have had a joint account with for over 17 years. I kept getting passed from pillar to post.  Sitting for ages listening to canned music, only to be passed on again and then the connection would end and I would have to start again from the very beginning.  It was an enormous exercise in frustration. I didn't get anything else done and I still don't have a bank account in my own name.  Curse you Covid!!  It was so much easier when you could just go in and apply. I am not sure I am ready to try again today.  Sigh  . . . I was in tears.

I am thankful for ...
Yesterday I got a tiny package in the  post from my friend Carolyn W. I served with her on the Relief Society Presidency.  Inside was a lovely note and a ring. 


Its a hug. Carolyn has always been a good friend, although because of Covid we had not been able to see each other since it all began. This touched my heart in a very special way. We have both faced many challenges in life, albeit it different ones. When I lost my job down South and we were coming up here to find a place to live, she opened her home to us, sight unseen. We had a place to stay while we looked. She is good people.  I love her dearly. 

I am thankful for ...
The love and support of my family, friends and YOU, my invisible friends! It truly does mean the world to me. I am not just saying that. 

In the kitchen ... 


Oatmeal Casserole Bread. No kneading involved.  Simple, delicious and wholesome. 
 
On my "To Cook" list ... 


Paul Hollywoods Fig Rolls.  Great British Bake Off. Watch this space. I will convert the measurements for you. 

Good to know ... 

I am wanting to create... 
 

Annie Germeraad on Ravelry.  Anyone's Shawl. 


Makes and Takes. Circle Crochet Garland. 

 
Inspiration Only  . . . . 


More inspiration only, but I love it. 


I love this knitted mouse. Amazing Knitting
 
I am reading ...
Nothing at the moment. Just my scriptures. I haven't been able to get into a book.

Dreaming about ... 

 

Vintage pyrex . . .   

 

Gingerbread cosy . . .

 

White flocked cotton. Love this  . . . 

 
 
Pretty flowers  . . . 

 
 
Flower adorned hats  . . . 

 

Little lambs  . . . 

Something to watch ... 


I am watching this on You Tube. Its very good. 
 
Makes me smile ... 

 
Paws and whiskers  . . . 

Corners of my kingdom ... 
 

Lake Vyrnwy Hotel Llanwddyn in Llanwddyn, Powys . . . Wales.  Lake Bala in Snowdonia. 

A thought to carry with you  ... 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.
Make it your mission
to magnify other's strengths,
not to highlight their
weaknesses. •。★★ 。* 。
~Lorri Faye  ° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •

And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!  
    
















17 comments:

  1. Wondering if someone at your church might be able to help you to get a bank account going? Being it is WHOM you know these days... Also, supposedly a huge financial restart is ongoing according to some on the internet, worldwide...if true, it might be a bit before any changes can be made as to starting up an account. If there is any way you could go to the bank itself, taking your necessary documents, you might find it would go easier. I wonder if you might be able to get an account going in Canada even from where you are now? I have heard that there are accounts you can get online, but have never done so. I am glad you are working at getting your own account going...smart move!! So much that used to be simple is so complex right now. Will be praying that this issue is cleared up right away too!!
    Sending you hugs...love, Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Elizabeth. I am lucky that I do have an account in Canada that I have kept for all these years. It was an easy way for my mom to deposit money for me when it was birthday or Christmas, etc. I am most grateful for that! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
    2. Wow...who knew how much help this might be today? Now you should have no hassles once you get back to Canada...at least with banking set up. Seems harder and harder to get accounts going these days. We have one in another state for the same reason...so my parents could deposit in it for us when they wanted to. I am glad to have it...tho' once I had thought maybe to live there again, absolutely no desire to do so now...but they have always been a very exacting and nice to deal with bank, so no reason to go elsewhere. Best wishes...I hope by now you have reached someone who will help you!!
      love, Elizabeth xoxo

      Delete
    3. Still waiting, but I remain hopeful! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hi, Marie! So sorry you had such a hard time with the bank... Why must these things be so hard sometimes? I hope you will be able to sort things out soon. Your casserole bread looks sooo good! I love using a casserole for bread baking. That count down to Christmas cleaning list is what I need right now! This place has been shaggy for months now as we've been trying to spruce up our kitchen, which has been taking a looong time. I better start now, for Christmas... haha! How lovely is that shawl. I'm knitting a shawl right now, but a crochet one appeals too! Those little knit mice are just too adorable. Been thinking about you, praying for you, and hoping each day grows stronger toward your goals home. ((LOVE & HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally it would be a lot easier Tracy, but you know this darn pandemic complicates things. I am sorry I have not writen you yet. Stuff just keeps getting in the way. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  3. Yay on the CDN account..shame on your bank..geesh.. 4.5 hrs.. wow..the bread on the other hand looks great:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, 4 1/2 hours of being passed back and forth and hung up on, and then I would have to call back and start all over from scratch again. Really annoying and frustrating. I still haven't managed! xoxo

      Delete
  4. What a lovely ring. Now you've got a hug to keep with you on your finger. Very unique and I'm sure appreciated. Hope only good things come your way today and it's better than your yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a very lovely keepsake Pam and a wonderful reminder of a great friend. xoxo

      Delete
  5. Very nice post. and the Bread looks yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marie~

    I'm so sorry that you have had to deal with the bank and all it's frustration! It's sad that you can't just make an appointment to go in and get it set up. But, it's wonderful that you are all set up in Canada, that will make like so much easier!

    Your post is beautiful, and I love that you are still finding fun and beauty amidst all of the pain and heartbreak. The ring is just precious! I have never seen a "hug" ring...what a wonderful friend! I can't wait to try the bread, it looks delicious! Hang in there Marie, two weeks will go by quickly!

    Hugs and Much Love XOXO
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a wonderful ring Barb. Once I get settled I will be on the hunt for some to keep on hand for if ever I need to give one to someone. It is nice to be thought of and remembered in such a way. Thanks for everything Barb. Love you, many hugs coming your way. xoxo

      Delete
  7. A lovely post. Thank you very much. Keep strong, we are all cheering you on!!!
    xoxo, V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much V. I am surely appreciating it. I feel the love. xoxo

      Delete
  8. Always love your daybook entries. I liked all the Christmas items and winter items of course. Yours hug ring was the best. So grateful you have good friends.
    Your oatmeal bread recipe looks delicious.
    The cleaning instructions look challenging. I really need to do some deep cleaning. However, I have a bad back so I have to be so careful.
    I feel sad that you have had so much problems with the bank. It does seem challenging in today's circumstances to get passed all the business type things that need to be done by phone or on line. I hate the wait time to just talk with someone.
    Blessings and hugs for you and lots of prayers too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!