Sunday 18 October 2020

Sunday morning musings of my mind . . .


 I have to apologise I have fallen way behind in my responding to comments. I usually try to respond to each and every one of them. I do the same on my FB English Kitchen Page, this blog, IG and of course the EK blog.  I have always taken the view that if people can take the time to comment, then I can take the time to respond.  Its called a common courtesy.  My mother taught me manners and I try to always be mannerly! It may take me a while, but I will get there. Don't anyone think I have forgotten them or that I have not read them! They are very much on my mind! 

Yesterday I let the Ward know on our FB page that Todd and I were separating. I had been trying to keep things on the down low because I really don't want to be answering  a lot of questions at the moment when I am trying to sort out the  important stuff.  People in the chuch are very caring, or at least they are in my Ward and I knew that they would bombard me a bit and I think/thought that would be overwhelming.  It had come to the point however where if my next door neighbour had sussed it out, then I needed to let my church friends know. There was no getting around it.

I also told Todd he needs to tell his brother what is happening.  That doesn't need to be and shouldn't be my responsability. I have enough to think about/do. I know it may sound cold, but I am really not being cold. These are just things which need doing. 

 

 
Yesterday I talked to my father for the first time since this all happened/came out on the facetime. I had been avoiding talking to him because I didn't want to cry out loud or upset him. He knows of course what's going on and I have to say he was very discreet, which I appreciated. I did cry once but quickly got myself controlled.

I also talked to all three of my children who communicate with me, and one of my grandsons, Jakey.  He showed me his latest Lego project he was working on.  Something to do with these modern comic book characters kids watch today.  It looked like one of the old Transformer robots my boys used to play with, but it wasn't one of them.  Anyways, he was doing a great job with it and really enjoying himself. I was happy to tell him I love to do Lego also! Its a great way to keep your mind active.  

 
I am really looking forward to getting to know these five grandsons of mine better.  I am hoping that I will be able to forge a relationship of some sort with the other three grandchildren. I really am, but we will just have to wait and see. In the meantime I count the blessings I do have, and am grateful for those.

Did I tell you my sister has a new kitten?  This black kitten showed up in her yard a week or two ago.  A little female.  She could hear something meowing and checked and there it was.  She has two cats already. My mom's cat Pumpkin and her and Dan's cat Gary, who is quite shy. She was only going to keep it for the weekend until the Monday when she would take it to the shelter, but you know what happens . . . Jazzy (that's her name) wangled her way into everyone's heart and she is now a member of the family. 

We are pet people.   


We always had cats when I was growing up.  Mostly Siamese because my mother loved those. Then when I was thirteen someone where my mother worked was moving and had a dog to give away, Penny.  She was a very fat indulged Beagle. Mom took her because she thought it would be good for my brother to have a dog.  Penny became mine. I slept with her in my bed just about every night, walked her every day, etc. 

Through the years I have had cats for the most part and then there was Jess, and now Mitzie.  I have to says Dogs require a lot more care than cats, but I really like them . . .  a lot.  Cats are independant, Dogs are just there,  loyal, loving, and there.  I am really grateful that Tina will watch Mitzie for me until I can bring her over to Canada. Although Tina is not a dog person, she really likes Mitzie, and Mitzie adores her. Its the best place for her to be until she can be with me. 

My father has a cat. I don't know what her name is but she has a really big fluffy tail.  Dad says she loves my sister more than him. My sister is the cat whisperer.   


One of the first things I want to do after my quarantine is done is to visit my mother's resting place, and take some flowers and a stone to put there, so I can say the goodbye I never had the opportunity to say. It will be hard, but it is something I want to/need to do. I still miss her every day. We all do. 

My mind is turning, turning, turning constantly. I have managed to get some boxes packed for Todd and they have been taken to a storage place to be held until whenever. Now I need to be trying to think of what I want to take with me. I am praying that I can at least have/keep some of it. God is good and prayers are answered every day.

In the meantime the Virus continues to worsen here. We are a category two in Cheshire West at the moment, which is high but not the worst. Not yet anyways. I don't think the country has seen the worst of this second wave yet. I am praying it doesn't last for long.  Many people are being defiant now and taking chances they shouldn't be taking.  I don't think they recognise that when they do, they put us all at risk and prolong everything.

I can't believe that there are people who think this is all a Governmental Hoax. It boggles my mind. 

At first when this all started people have a very "We can do it," "We will get through this," attitude, but they are so over it now, and I get that. I am so over it as well.  But being tired of, and over something doesn't make it go away. We need to be able to live a new way of life at the moment.  Do the things we've been asked to do and keep doing them until we don't need to do them anymore.  I can't believe that any Government would put their people through this unnecessarily.  What Government would bring down their own economy on purpose???  Just wouldn't happen.  


Oh, and I keep meaning to share this with you.  This was found in a tiny white envelope taped onto the back of one of our old picture frames.  10,000 Iraqi Denari. It felt like winning the lottery for a few minutes. Worth?  £6.32.  Who says the Cosmos doesn't have a sense of humour.

And with that I will leave you with a thought for today  . . . 

 
☾ ° ° * 。  
• ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • •。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*No spring, no summer beauty
hath such grace as I have seen
in one autumnal face. 
~John Donne •。★★ 。* 。

 I have been enjoying the photos of the Autumnal beauty of the Maritimes on FB.  I won't be able to enjoy the colours this year, but there is always next year. 

 


In The English Kitchen today . . .  Gingerdoodles.  The product of a mesh between Snickerdoodle and Ginger Crinkles cookies. Incredibly edibly delicious I have to say!!  I did halve the recipe successfully, but the measurements are give for the full recipe.  These are so good I thought anyone who made them would want to have the full recipe. I am happy to share the half with you if need be!

I wish for you a very happy Sunday and thank you for your continued support. Don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  
   

And I do too! 








8 comments:

  1. Sounds like this are advancing:)All in the right direction..get you and your gingerdoodles over here pronto!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the plan Monique! That's the plan! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Yes, Canada needs you, Marie. You're our Susan Branch! Lovely you got to talk to your dad and three of your children and bonus - one of your grandbabies. We're off to go into a little town called Holstein for the Sunday paper. What will Mitzie think of Cindy's cats? I'm sure she will adjust. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we will find out I am sure! She will settle once she gets used to them and they get used to her. You flatter me and made me smile, Susan Branch. I wish! haha Holstein, what a wonderful name for a town. Would love to know the history on that one! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Could you have a garage sale, car boot sale, to get a few extra pounds or are they off limits now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very much off limits now and I don't think garage/yard sales are allowed here. Different country different rules I think! xoxo

      Delete
  4. YOU packed boxes for Todd?? Good grief...that hardly sounds cold to me...that is going beyond what would be required, Marie!! Hope you manage to get things together quickly for yourself and shortly be on the plane to Canada.
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A part of me feels sorry for him Elizabeth. I know I shouldn't. I am hoping to be gone by the end of November, come hell or high water. xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!