Wednesday 3 April 2024

Wednesday Witterings . . .

 

 


Well, I had a fairly successful visit to the Doctor yesterday. She could definitely hear the crackles in my knee and did a thorough examination.  I had to go back in the afternoon to get a cortisone shot in my knee and I have a requisition for an x-ray and she is going to recommend me for  knee-replacement surgery.  She says there is a 3 to 5 year waiting list.  So I won't hold my breath for that one!


The cortisone shot hurt like the dickens. And she ended up doing it twice because the first time she got it into the wrong spot, so she had to re-insert it.  Oh my.  I am sure my sister must have heard me out in the car. I did try not to make any noise, but it was impossible not to.  In any case it was done.  I felt pretty good, albeit a bit lame until last evening and then the freezing came out and I was in tears. I did not think I was ever going to be able to fall asleep, but I did eventually. I was awake at 4:30 this morning, but did eventually fall back asleep and slept until 6:30.  I went to bed at 8:30 last night but didn't fall asleep until about 10.  I just couldn't get comfortable.

I have a cane now.  😢  It feels somewhat better this morning. We will see how it goes. I am hoping and praying that I will be able to turn the corner.


 

 There is some serious bad weather on the way, starting tomorrow.  I think we better make sure that dad has some frozen meals in his fridge just in case. They are calling for three days of wet heavy snow. Yikes!  I suppose it is not all that unusual for this time of year.  We best be out and about getting what we need in today just in case.  We might not get anything or we might get the lot.  A lot of time the bad weather just kind of skirts around us here in the heart of the valley.  Cape Breton usually gets lambasted. We will just have to wait and see what develops. 


 

I was going to finish up my taxes today, but I might put them off until tomorrow now.  Cindy and I were going to go to Walmart and get some kitty litter and a few other bits, but not until this afternoon, and then there is supper out tonight with dad. Not sure yet if I will be able to do any of those things. I will have to see how the day goes. I don't want to strain my knee if I can help it.  

Learning to walk with a cane is a bit of a learning curve for me.  I get it right for a few steps and then I get all discombobulated. Hopefully it won't be forever!

The cats don't know what to make of it.  Nutmeg is a bit afraid of it and keeping a wide berth. Cinnamon is curious, but also giving it a wide berth. Cats are such funny creatures. Nothing goes un-noticed.  Anything new in the house and they are immediately alerted. Things are often investigated at a distance at first and then when they realize that they are safe, they will investigate things closer.


 

I have two grandsons graduating from High School this year.  How did that happen?  They have grown up far too quickly. Both are going into electrical fields next year. Gabe is going into Electrical engineering and Jon wants to design electrical components.  My father was an electrician.  He is proud that the acorns have not fallen too far from his tree.  I want to do something special for each boy but am not sure yet what I will do.  Probably a monetary gift.  A lot depends on how much I have to spare. It might be a little or it might be a lot.  I am very proud of them. This is a great achievement. They are both really good lads and have done very well.  


I am on the last episode of Moses on Netflix.  It is a kind of docu-drama and references all three corners of the Abrahamic covenant. Judaism, Islam and Christian.  I find it fascinating, and have learned things I didn't know before. If you are interested in history, whether you be of a religious persuasion or not, I think most people would enjoy it. I have always found it fascinating that three of the world's largest religions all have their roots in the same place anyways.


I think if people were to dwell more on the things they have in common rather than on the differences, then we would  understand each other and all get along much better than we do.



My little man is laying here right next to me on my desk, singing me a song of love.  Every couple of minutes I give him a stroke which he loves.  I could hear him meowing outside my bedroom door about 4:30 this morning which is probably why I woke up.  Its a good thing that I keep my bedroom door closed at night. I don't think I would get much sleep otherwise.  I have tried a few times to keep it open but I always end up putting them out and shutting the door as it doesn't take very long for it to become clear that they are not interesting in settling down and going to sleep!

He is such a funny little man. If it is getting close to feeding time and I happen to be sitting on the sofa he will get up next to me and put his paw gently on my face. Just a little pat.  Just to let me know he is there and hungry, lol   What would I do without these two.  They are such good company.



Cinnamon is not quite as bold in her approach but she is usually circling the wagon as well, making her hungry presence known.  I love it when she makes biscuits on my lap.


And with that I best leave you with a thought for the day.  Time is getting on . . . 


A thought to carry with you . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛What lies behind you and what lies
in front of you pales in comparison to
what lies inside of you.
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
~Ralph Waldo Emmerson
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •




In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Bread Machine White Bread.  This is the loveliest loaf of bread. So soft and squidgy with a nice crisp crust.  Almost like a French bread, but richer. Three days later and it is just as soft and fresh as it was on the first day!


I hope you have a beautiful day, no matter what you get up to. Stay safe, be blessed and don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    

   






6 comments:

  1. Feel better soon:) many go the private route now fr replacements:( Chaching for sure..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mercy, some things going to the doctor are back in the dark ages...I told one of my docs that the thing I hated about going to docs is that often they have to HURT you before they help you!! Hope the knee heals...staying off of it might be best for a few days.
    Elizabeth xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a wait time. In Ontario I waited 6 month for my surgery. Hoping the shot works for you and you get some relief. Keep walking with the cane, you will get the hang of it soon. Now 4 months after my surgery I don't use the cane anymore. But it sure helped for extra balance and during times of extra pain. Pouring of rain here, started overnight, and will last through to tomorrow and then wet snow. Take care over the next few days of bad weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Follow adventurealive by Alyssa Kuhn on Intstgram, she is a physical therapist and has many videos on how to walk better, get up better, and exercises etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that Linda. Looking her up now! xo

      Delete
  5. My gosh, Marie. That cortisone shot (shots) were mighty painful. Yikes! Sure hope they help. I guess the premise is that they will decrease the inflammation in and around the joint. Sure hope it works. We’re just back from having my income tax done at H&R Block and then to the bank to pay what I owe to the government. That always hurts, lol. It’s been raining all morning, quite heavy. It’s more like November than April. I hope you don’t get three days of snow. Take care. Stay safe. Love and hugs, Elaine (in Toronto).

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!