Tuesday 9 April 2024

A Day Book . . .

 



FOR TODAY, April 9th 2024


 

OUTSIDE MY WINDOW ...

All is calm. All is quiet. Its cool at only 1*C. It will get up to 8*C today, or is expected to, which is still not warm. It was a beautiful day yesterday which was perfect for viewing the Eclipse.  I did not stand outside and watch the whole thing. I checked it at a few intervals, and then I thought one of my eyes seemed funny so I got scared and just watched the light outside dim to twilight and then grow brighter again. I knew that I would be able to see plenty of photos online of what was happening. 


I AM THINKING ...

I wonder what the ancients used to think when they had a total eclipse like that. How many of them went blind looking at it? I am sure they wouldn't know that they were not supposed to. They probably thought the world was coming to an end.


I AM ALSO THINKING ...

 

 
I hope that the party starts soon.  I don't think my Hostas are going to come back this year. I think Eileen and Tim cut them down too much. I cannot complain.  They were good to even help me with the garden at all.




IN THE KITCHEN ...

Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Toffee Cookies. Incredibly edibly moreish. 





ON MY "TO COOK" LIST ...

CookTop Cove.  Baked Huli Huli Chicken. This looks fingerlickingly delicious!  I love chicken.


GOOD TO KNOW ...



This is so very true. Just take the right next step. This too shall pass.  What doesn't kill us does make us stronger. Nobody is immune to hardship. We all have battles to face. Challenges to overcome.


I WOULD LOVE TO CREATE ...





Autumn in the Woods. Not a pattern, but a finished bracelet.  Its very pretty.  A bit pricey but pretty nonetheless.




Pom Maker.  How to make a Pom Pom Lovebird.




Aubree Originals. A button bouquet in a salt shaker. Cute!




Art Bar.  Egg Carton Mushrooms. Cute!




One Little Project. Coffee Filter Hydrangeas.


OH MY GOODNESS ...


 


A bake shop window  . . .  I love bake shops.


I AM READING ...



A Year of Living Kindly, by Donna Cameron

Being kind is something most of us do when it’s easy and when it suits us. Being kind when we don’t feel like it, or when all of our buttons are being pushed, is hard. But that’s also when it’s most needed; that’s when it can defuse anger and even violence, when it can restore civility in our personal and virtual interactions. Kindness has the power to profoundly change our relationships with other people and with ourselves. It can, in fact, change the world. 



 In A Year of Living Kindly―using stories, observation, humor, and summaries of expert research―Donna Cameron shares her experience committing to 365 days of practicing kindness. She presents compelling research into the myriad benefits of kindness, including health, wealth, longevity, improved relationships, and personal and business success. She explores what a kind life entails, and what gets in the way of it. And she provides practical and experiential suggestions for how each of us can strengthen our kindness muscle so choosing a life of kindness becomes ever easier and more natural. 


An inspiring, practical guide that can help any reader make a commitment to kindness, A Year of Living Kindly shines a light on how we can create a better, safer, and more just world―and how you can be part of that transformation.

Everyone should read this book.



LOOKING FORWARD TO ... 

 



Playing in the kitchen. Cycling with Cindy.  Revisiting some of the talks from conference. Here a little, there a little. Filling  my day with pleasant things  . . . 


THINGS THAT I LOVE ...

 


Fresh Air  . . . 

 

Stone steps  . . . 

 

Wild Blueberry Pie  . . . 


 

Pretty toiletries  . . . 

 

Daffodils  . . . 


THINGS I KNOW TO BE TRUE ...




SOMETHING TO WATCH ...



Vera on Britbox.  I love Detective series  . . . 


MAKES ME SMILE ...




How can she be comfortable?  This is frequently how she lays about in her basket.  On her back, legs up in the air.  She's so sweet  . . . 

A THOUGHT TO CARRY WITH YOU ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/   ~ \。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Ignorance is the curse of God;
knowledge is the wing° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
wherewith we fly to heaven.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
~William Shakespeare ° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •


And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 



Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   

4 comments:

  1. You could mow your hostas and they would come back..Seriously.You can never cut too short.Give them time to wake up..None are up yet.Love that bracelet:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, don't fret over the hostas. Pretty sure they will be back. Bulb is pretty deep in the soil. Happy day after the beautiful eclipse. We had sunny partial eclipse, but has rained through the night and will rest of week! Good day, Marie. Mary in GA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, Hawaiian food is one of the best kinds!! Or at least, the meals, of all kinds, be it Mexican, Italian, Hawaiian, or whatever, were to die for!! We lived there 3 years while Hubby was in the Navy...or rather, I did...more than he did. Chicken is one of the best too!! We had Chinese friends who gave many parties and the food was the very best anywhere we have lived. The grandma cooked for luaus too so we were quite spoiled. They never came to dinner at your house but what they brought candy, desserts, food, flowers!! You could never outgive them!!
    Elizabeth xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hard to damage hosta, grow from new shoots not last years ones. Cloudy in our backyard for eclipse, eerie when it got dark, birds all quiet, solar lights all came on and it cooled right down. Lovely and sunny today, around 18 Celsius. Have a lovely day

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!