Tuesday 30 April 2024

A Day Book . . .

 



FOR TODAY, April 30th, 2024


Outside my window ...


It is cool and dry, and the bulbs across the road are bobbing in a slight breeze. Glenna's forsythia is in full bloom.  All is well with the world.  Oh, it is also garbage day, as well as Spring Cleanup so there is plenty of bags, etc. on my side of the road. Not that you would want to see that! 


 

I am thinking ...

I have never eaten a fiddlehead. Have you? 

Fiddleheads are the tightly coiled tips of ferns that are harvested for use as a vegetable. They’re beautifully bright green and resemble the scroll of a violin, with a tightly curled head and a fairly thick stem. These delicate delights are available only in early spring when ferns grow their new shoots. This is the peak season, right now. 

Foraging, this is how most people get them. I am a bit unsure of foraging for things. I am always afraid I will poison  myself. My son forages for mushrooms.  I think he is really brave. I am not that brave.


 

I am also thinking ...

I broke the tea cup to my china snack set the other day. The cup and saucer one that I use so much in my baking posts on the food blog.  I have others.  Elaine sent me some lovely federal glass ones at Christmas.  I had brought the china one back from the U.K.  I had bought it in a charity shop over there.  Funny how I managed to get it all the way back here from there, and then I carelessly broke it the other day, getting something else out of the cupboard. I have kept the plate part. You never know when I will find a teacup to match it.


In the kitchen ...



Cindy's Pasta Salad, aka Tuna Pasta Salad. One of the sides that I made for our Sunday dinner this week.  Cindy makes a great pasta salad and I know Dan enjoys it.  I always worry when I have the family over for dinner that they won't like anything I have made.  I try to make things I know that they like. I don't think my father enjoys my cooking at all.  He never eats much and I think he thinks I am too fancy or something. I try not to be.

On my "To Cook" list ...



Cheesy Onion Crisps from Life with Janet. These look fabulous. I love onions, I love cheese, I am sure I would love these!


Good to know ... 



Waiting for our prayers to be answered is always the hardest part  . . . 

I would love to create ...




The cutest quiet book.  Misako Mimoka  My sister and I were just saying yesterday about how cute all the Japanese craft stuff is.





No source, but this little dolly is so cute.  I love little dollies.




Again no source, but the joy is tangible!  I am betting it must be Eastern European. They do these things so well.





Can you take another?  (again no source)  Maybe my heart is trying to tell me it wants to start making dolls again.




There is a whole group of them. I think they are just beautiful in their simplicity.


Looking forward to ...

 


Not much at the moment. Things are pretty quiet. I have my lady coming this morning to do my toenails and then I am having my summer tires put on the car on Friday. Dinner with dad tomorrow night.  Nothing too very exciting. I suppose I am looking forward to seeing my first hummingbird of the season!


Oh my goodness ...



I spent a little bit of time at Cindy's yesterday afternoon. We were sketching in our sketchbooks. I need to ink them and perhaps add a bit of color.  The best part is always spending time together.

I am reading ...



In Pieces, by Sally Field

One of the most celebrated, beloved, and enduring actors of our time, Sally Field has an infectious charm that has captivated the nation for more than five decades, beginning with her first TV role at the age of seventeen. From Gidget's sweet-faced "girl next door" to the dazzling complexity of Sybil to the Academy Award-worthy ferocity and depth of Norma Rae and Mary Todd Lincoln, Field has stunned audiences time and time again with her artistic range and emotional acuity. Yet there is one character who always remained hidden: the shy and anxious little girl within. 

With raw honesty and the fresh, pitch-perfect prose of a natural-born writer, and with all the humility and authenticity her fans have come to expect, Field brings readers behind-the-scenes for not only the highs and lows of her star-studded early career in Hollywood, but deep into the truth of her lifelong relationships--including her complicated love for her own mother. Powerful and unforgettable, In Pieces is an inspiring and important account of life as a woman in the second half of the twentieth century.

I have always loved and admire Sally Field, ever since she appeared as Gidget on our television screen, and then the Flying Nun. I loved her portrayal of Sybil  in that series on the television. She did it so well. She does everything so well. I am really enjoying her autobiography. 


Things I love ...

 

Enamelware  . . . 

 

Pretty fabrics  . . . 


 

Fresh bread  . . . 

 


Pretty rooms  . . . 


 

The hen, the tiles, the door  . . . 



Things I know to be true  ...






Something to watch ...



3 Body Problem. I started watching this last night on Netflix. So far I am hooked. I have only watched the first episode and am looking forward to episode 2.


Makes me smile ...

 


Follow the leader  . . . 


A thought to carry with you ...


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.No matter where you are in the world,
you are at home when tea is served.
~Earlene Grey° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •



And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 



Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   

6 comments:

  1. I love passta salads..J not..so I rarely if ever make..I take advantage of get togethers to make:) Like cheesies..lol.I started SF's book..but another came on my Libby that I waited for so long I have started that one..I listened to her on Julia Louis Dreyfus' podcast..I Love SF.I loved Diane Von Furstenberg's interview on Julia's podcast too and loved some of her words.Have not seen that Netflix show Ill see what its about..Enjoying season 13 of CTM..wonder if Jonty and Matthew. are gone for good...WE must have had a very easy winter as my forsythia is in full bloom also.I thought I had bought a lemon..;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I just finished 3 Body Problem and really enjoyed it. I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I just finished 3 Body Problem and really enjoyed it. I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never eaten fiddleheads, but do have lots growing at the back in a shady spot in the garden. It is a bit of a dull day here, maybe some rain later. Just usual things happening here, but I do have an appointment to have my hearing aids cleaned. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely read today! It’s a beautiful day here in Southern California, everything is so green … and the flowers are just bursting with color…think it must have been all our recent rain…because I’m not that great or an attentive gardener! I plant something and say a prayer and wish it good luck! 😂 Thanks for the visit, happy happy May to you, Marie…and to your family. xo, V.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!