Thursday 11 April 2024

My Favorite Things . . .

 

These are some of the things in life that I enjoy and which make me happy, inspire me, or put a smile on my face. Maybe some of them are yours too.  Lets share! 

 




A good book to read, although admittedly I read more books on my kindle these days than I do books you can hold.  You can carry your whole library with you and jump in to read anywhere. Its a simple thing. Books and I have always been good friends. No matter what shape or form they come to me in.


 

Toasted bread. Especially rustic breads, with plenty of butter. Cheese is optional. I used to work in a care home when I first moved to the U.K. They had a toast machine. It would toast lots of slices of bread at one time.  So delicious. you popped in the top and by the time it came out the bottom it was perfectly toasted. You could order your toast in cafe's on thick, medium or thin sliced bread.  It was all good. Nobody does toast better than the British.


 


A place to rest your feet and legs. That looks like a mighty comfy foot stool.


 

A breakfast nook with a view  . . . 

 



A gaggle of geese  . . . 


 

Hearts . . .  on or in anything  . . . 



Kittens  . . .  impossible not to love  . . . 


 

A whale of a butter dish  . . . that bread  . . . 



 


Sheep pillows  . . . .  so cute  . . . 


 


Vintage blue and white  . . . 


 

Seed Packets  . . .  I also love seed catalogues  . . . 


 

Old typewriters  . . . 



 


This  . . .  who doesn't love getting one of these  . . . 


 


French blues  . . . . 


 

Red hooks  . . . . 

 


Embroidery on sweaters  . . .  so pretty . . . 


 


Fancy door knockers  . . . 


 

Color  . . .  I just love color  . . . 


 

Pretty tea cups  . . . 

And those are my favorite things for another week. Maybe some of them were yours too!


A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~
\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
 *.˛.Quiet the mind° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
and the soul will speak.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
~Ma Jaya Sati Bhagavati  ° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •  ° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •


 




In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Oven Baked Sesame Chicken. This was quite simply delicious.  Very easy to make as well.  No frying involved, and its gluten free. 


Thanks for all of your advice yesterday re my friend. I did call her last evening and just ignored the topics that she is most likely to be bossy about and steered the conversation onto different topics.  It was much more pleasant.  I know she means well and thinks she is being helpful.  

Today Cindy and I are going on a road trip that is more than likely to end in . . . pie!

I hope that you have a beautiful day. Be happy, be blessed and don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    

   


6 comments:

  1. Enjoy your pie. Stay safe out there in the big world. Love and hugs, Elaine (in Toronto)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss toast being gluten free, gf bread just isn't the same, in fact I rarely buy gf bread, so expensive and tastes awful. Reading time today as it is pouring of rain, probably be that way for the next few days. Enjoy the pie after time out with Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing like curling up with a good book when the weather is not being so hospitable Linda! Thank you! xoxo

      Delete
  3. The best tasting glutenfree bread to buy I have found is by Schar. I prefer the seeded or brown versions as they are more moist than the white. But truly nothing takes the place of wheat, etc.
    Elizabeth xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard that it is very good Elizabeth. Thanks for your suggestions! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!