Wednesday 13 December 2023

Wednesday Witterings . . .


 

I got the cutest Christmas Card in the post yesterday from Monique. It lights up and plays "We wish you a Merry Christmas" music. It is so cute.  I just love it.  I have put it under my little tree. It looks like it was meant to be there. It is very much at home.  Home Sweet Home.



Of course it sparked a bit of interest from Mrs. Le Mew. 



And Mr. Milk Moustache.  Nothing in this house escapes their interest. They like to be in on everything.



When Mr Moose arrived, (from Elaine)  he created quite a stir as well!  He will be well cared for Elaine!  That's for sure! So cute.


 

The Pot Luck lunch yesterday for the sisters in my Ministering group went well. It was nice to get together with a few ladies from church rather than a huge crowd like there was for the Christmas Activity a few weeks back.  I am not one who enjoys crowds at the best of time, and well, it wasn't really a crowd, but anything more than a handful of people is a crowd to me. I am not comfortable in a bunch. I prefer small groups.  It was nice to just sit around the table and chat and share some good food. There was six of us, which was not too bad.



Last week when Cindy and I went up to New Minas we stopped into the Pet store.  I picked up a Cat fountain for the cats for Christmas.  They really love it. Cats love fresh water. Nutmeg loves playing in water.  I have caught them both drinking from it which makes me happy.  That's why I got it for them.




In fact Nutmeg likes to just sit and watch it. I suppose the trickling sound it makes is mesmerizing?  I don't know.  In any case it is something they are both enjoying.   I also got a new basket to hold their toys and a few toys.  Two of them don't work so I will need to take them back.  The one that I did get that works is a rolling ball with a squeaking mouse in it.  They both like that one as well and I got them a big tub of Cat Churo treats, which they really love.  I had not bought them anything for a while so these were their festive Christmas treats for this year.


 

I had not put my garbage out on Monday night due to the high winds and so I was out there early yesterday morning about 6:30 putting it out.  Most weeks they don't come until sometimes as late at 3 in the afternoon, but I thought I best have it out by 7 anyways. Its a good thing that I did because they were out there picking up the garbage at 7 or shortly after. It was still dark out.  There was only my garbage and one lady down the end of the street who had theirs out. Everyone else got caught short.  I noticed when I drove to pick up Cindy that loads of people did not have theirs out in time.  I am hoping that when the truck came back the opposite way it picked it up anyways, but I have my doubts.  I am dropping the car off to Cindy this morning and I will see then if it is all still sitting there.  I was really grateful that I got mine out early. Whew!  I would not have wanted to have that hanging around for an extra two weeks.


 

I just love the glow of candles at this time of year.  It makes for a very cozy atmosphere in here.  These darker months can play havoc with the mind so a bit of cozy always comes in handy. I watch a girl on YouTube called Cecelia Blomdahl who lives in Svalbard which is an Island close to the North Pole.  They are in their Polar Night now, which means they won't see true daylight until March I think.   Anyways, they really need a lot of cozy there to cheer themselves up.  I cannot imagine it being dark 24/7.  That would seem a bit of a nightmare for me I think.  I would be feeling sleepy all the time. Darkness makes me want to go to bed. 


I watch a lot of things on YouTube.  It makes me wonder why anyone bothers with regular television any more. I am not a sports watcher and all of the good stuff is on too late in the evening for me anyways. I am always in bed by 9. I should just really get rid of my cable as I never ever watch it, which means I am paying for something that I never use.  I am afraid that if I do however, I will lost my internet or something.  I am not sure how that works.


 

These little trees certainly make a sweet and simple display sitting on a window sill. I think they have been sprayed with that fake snow.  I can remember using that fake snow a few times when my children were growing up. You could buy window stencils with Santa's sleigh, etc. and I can remember Christmas Stenciling the living room window.  What a nightmare that stuff was to get off afterwards.  I have not seen it in many years, or maybe I have just not been looking.

That's like icicles.  The types that we used to hang on our Christmas trees.  I have not seen those in years either. My mother would save them from one year to the next. They always looked so pretty hanging on the tree. All nice and sparkly.  Whenever you would walk by the tree they would reach out and grab your clothes and some of them would even hitchhike along with you.  I am so old now that I can remember when they were actually made from aluminum foil.  All crinkly.  


 
 

Ohh . . . why can we not all be snowmen sunning themselves atop hot cups of cocoa. There is a lot wrong with this world and that is why I don't watch the news if I can help it.  Its far too disturbing. I try to make a difference if I can, right where I live. If everyone did the best that they could to make change and to help out locally, the world could be transformed.  Every little helps. 

I recently learned that there are over 200 people here locally that are homeless.  This is heartbreaking. It shouldn't happen. I know it is a complex problem.  Let us all do whatever we can to alleviate the suffering of others this Holiday season, and in fact, every day of the year.  Those of us who have, have an obligation to help out those who have not, even in small measures. I have some blankets and stuff I am not using that I am going to donate. Hats, mittens, socks, scarves, old coats, etc.  All of these things can be put to good use. There is a local restaurant in town where you can go and purchase a hot meal and then someone who needs a hot meal can go and claim it.  I think that is a good thing.


And with that I best leave you with a  thought for the day  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛There is no exercise better
for the heart than reaching
out and lifting others up.•。★★ 。* 。
~John Holmes•。★★ 。* 。
•。★★ 。* 。



In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Best Kept Secret Soup.  This is the soup I made to take to the Pot Luck yesterday.  Quick, easy, delicious and hearty. Perfect for these busy days in the run up to Christmas. 


I hope that you have a lovely day.  Be happy. Be safe.  Stay warm, and don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    

   

3 comments:

  1. Looks so cute there:) And your moose:) Taking stock..all we have..all others do not have( The world is turning upside down:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cat fountain, it certainly keeps the cats entertained. I remember icicles for trees, think they became un-environmental friendly. Sounds like a nice get together yesterday for you. We are putting together a bag full of food for the firemen food drive this evening, every little bit helps. Glad you got your garbage out in time, ours gets picked up today, blue boxes around 8 am and garbage around 12:30 pm.
    Happy Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your moose looks right at home, Marie. I love the idea you can pay for a meal in a restaurant and someone who is hungry can enjoy it. We only watch the news once a day, no more. My peanut brittle is done. Had to make a second batch - the first was too dark and tasted a little burnt. We have a new microwave so guess it's more powerful. The squirrels will enjoy the first batch. Love and hugs, Elaine (in Toronto)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!