Thursday 14 December 2023

My Favorite Things . . .

 


Sharing today a few things that I really love to do, eat, experience, enjoy  . . .  maybe you will enjoy them too.  


 


Sleigh bells ring, are you listening . . .  in the lane, snow is glistening  . . .  I wish.  For Christmas.



 

Simple and yet very pretty in its simplicity. I don't like too many bells and whistles  . . . 


 


My wish for the world  . . . 

 

"Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares." ~Hebrews 13:2


 


Love this  . . . 


 

If it tastes half as good as it looks, this must be really yummy  . . . 


 


Lovely  . . .  just lovely  . . . 


 

Have always loved Delft blues  . . . 


 

That must have taken skill and a great deal of patience  . . . 


 


The British have their robins  . . .  we have our cardinals  . . . 


 


Birds at the feeders at this time of year.  I wish I got more at mine  . . . 


 


A peaceful scene  . . .  you can hear the silence  . . . its tangible  . . . 


 


Cosy and quaint  . . . 


 



Oh Christmas Tree  . . .  Oh Christmas Tree  . . . 


 


I'll take on all three  . . . 


 



Simply stunning  . . . . 

 


This also . . . 

 


Lovely . . . 


 

Its pure magic  . . . . 


And those are my favorite things for this week.  


Today I am treating Cindy to an early Christmas Gift, and in a way its a gift for me also. We are going to go to Farmer's Family Diner and have lunch together. We are going to finally share a colossal club sandwich and see what all the hype is about!  Best part . . .  being together.


A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★•。★★ 。* 。
 *.˛.There is a way out of human suffering
& any earnest person can find it.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
~Vernon Howard° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •



There is nothing new in the kitchen today, but I am sharing my recipe for a Quick Fruited Tea Cake.  This is simple and yet incredibly delicious. Moist and fruity. A farmhouse type of cake that goes down perfectly well with a hot cuppa.

I hope that you, too, have a wonderful day. May it be shared with some things and people that you love.  May it be a favorite day for you. Don't forget!



═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════     


And I do too!    

   

10 comments:

  1. Have fun..so many talented peeps out there!Beautiful images.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There really are! I think we live in a wonderful age! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Cardinals are my most favourite birds, we are lucky to have several visit the garden during the year. When you see a cardinal it is a sign that someone from heaven is watching over you. Enjoy that club sandwich, hope it tastes as good as the hype. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard that Linda. One day while my cousin was here visiting, two cardinals came to visit and we reckoned it was both our mom's. Sisters coming to visit their daughters! The club sandwich was fabulous! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Beautiful favourites today, Marie. Have fun with Cindy and enjoy your lunch. Love and hugs, Elaine (in Toronto)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Elaine! We had a lovely time! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  4. Oh, you two will have a delightful day! Fun, V

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun thing to do with Cindy!!
    Elizabeth xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does so much for others, it felt nice to do something for her! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!