Thursday 21 December 2023

My Favorite Things . . .

 


Sharing today a few things that I really love to do, eat, experience, enjoy  . . .  maybe you will enjoy them too.




Visits from Santa. We had some visitors on the street yesterday. Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus were making the rounds.  They visited every house with a little bag of sweets for all.  It was a really nice gesture I thought.  That is the second sweets delivery I have had in less than a week.  It is nice to know that there are kind people out there serving the community, especially the elderly, widows and those who live alone in such a special way.   Serving others is surely a sweet way to inject some of the reason for the season into your festivities. Bless these two people for their service to others.   


 

Penguins.  I believe these are felted ones.  I used to do felting when I was in the U.K.  At least I dabbled in it.  I had all the stuff you need to do it. My sister is really good at it.


 

Red Christmas Baubles . . . 


 

Snow Angels, and this is a really cute one!



 

Snow men  . . .  again, so cute.


 

Simple yet very effective and beautiful in their simplicity.



 

Love this also  . . . 


 

Nut Crackers  . . . 


 

Colored lights all aglow!


 
(source)


Gingerbread snowflakes  . . .  gingerbread anything actually.



 


Pretty wrappings  . . . 


 

Button Cookies  . . .  so cute.  Mine would never be that cute. I lack finesse.  I am not sure what it is, but I lack the art of presentation, in anything.  I am surprised people actually want to try what I cook.  Everything is so poorly presented.  But my heart is in the right place.


ALL OF YOU!  Yes you. YOU are one of my absolute favorites!  You brighten my days with your comments and your presence.  You are the gift of Christmas Presence.  Love you all to bits!


A thought to carry with you  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★•。★★ 。* 。*.˛.
Nobody has measured,•。★★ 。* 。
not even the poets,° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
how much the heart can hold.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
~Zelda Fitzgerald° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •° * 。 •  


 



There is nothing new in the kitchen today  . . .  but allow me to share my Gingered Gingerbread Loaf.  Very delicious. Dark and dense and loaded with ginger flavor! Another favorite thing of mine!


I hope you all have a beautiful day. Stay safe and stay warm!  Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════     


And I do too!    

   




11 comments:

  1. My husband and I often talk of how weird some food presentation looks...I mean you cannot even identify what on earth it is, much less find it enticing!! Frankly, I think your food looks more like one is going for home cooked meal at your favorite cook's house...very inviting!!
    Elizabeth xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thanks very much Elizabeth! That means a lot to me! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the beautiful card that came today. It's a lovely sunny, but windy and cold day. We went out early to SDM for their discount day, then dropped off cards to daughter at her work. A friend stopped by for a quick visit, lovely to see her, haven't seen her since my surgery. How lovely for Santa and Mrs Claus to go around your neighbourhood bringing cheer. Hope you are having a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Linda! You are doing so well since your operation. I am impressed! Always nice to see a friend! One is supposed to pop by today. I am looking forward to seeing her! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Your food looks real and tastes good. Don’t worry about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas is coming! Yay! Have a Merry, Healthy! Happy, Yummy Peaceful, Joyful, Prayerful Christmas ! Love those penguins! XO, V.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!