Friday 22 December 2023

My Friday Finds . . .

 



A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become, inspire memories . . . maybe they will do the same for you! 






Holiday Cheese Wreath.   From Five Heart Home.   This looks really cute.  What a novel way to serve cheese! Looks really simple to do also.





From Attagirl Says.   Shadowbox Christmas Ornaments.  I love these.  There is a complete pictorial tutorial. Maybe next year.





No source, but loving these snowman painted jar lids.   What a great way to recycle!




Mason Jar Lid Holiday Wreath From Kristen Duke Photography.  So simple.  It's just mason jar lids and washi tape.  People are so clever! I could do that!




 These Scottish shortbread cookies from Baking Bites look absolutely gorgeously perfect.  I do love a good shortbread cookie, don't you?  




From Lil Luna, 40+ Food Gift ideas.  Some of these are really nice.




Organize Your Week printables from Polished Habitat.  I need all the help I can get!




Eight Simple and Memorable Christmas Eve Traditions.  I love holiday traditions, don't you?  From Clarks Condensed.  When the kids were growing up we always did up a surprise Christmas basket for some family we thought were in need, took a drive to see the Christmas Lights in the neighborhood, did Christmas Cookie Trays up for friends and family, Gingerbread houses, went to church, etc.




These Beaded Snowflake ornaments are so cute.   I love them.   It isn't too late to pop one or two of these out!  From the people at BHG.  Simple.




No Source, but cute table place setting decorations for the holidays.  Simply ribbon tied walnuts!




Little Burrow Designs.  I love the small vignettes this gal makes in all sorts of tiny containers.




Recyled cardboard Cat Pad from Design Sponge.




Fabric Envelopes from Spoonful of Sugar.   Delightful!


And those are my finds for this week.  I don't think did I live to be a hundred I would ever have the time to do all the things I would love to do, but it is fun to look at them and dream.


Yesterday I did get all my local family gifts wrapped and I made a roaster full of Bits and Bites.  I need to make some Peanut Butter Balls and some Cherry Cookies.  Perhaps today.  It was very cold and windy yesterday.  I about froze my butt off just going out to check my mail.  And there was nothing there, lol.


I have had a few sad moments these past weeks, but nothing I haven't been able to shake off or put aside. I think it is only natural at these special times of year to mourn for those we no longer have with us, or to think back on our younger years with fondness.  Why can't our children still be small and filled with wonder?  A time when we were their whole world.  Now they are someone else's whole world.  Time marches on.


Things are looking up now. The days will slowly start to get longer again. Imperceptible at first but eventually we won't be able to ignore it. Yay!


A thought to carry with you  . . . 



° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.Its beginning to look  a lot like Christmas;
Soon the bells will start, and the thing that 
will make them ring is the carol that you sing
Right within your heart.
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
~Meredith Willson ° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 




In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Crock Pot Italian Wedding Soup.  Delicious!  Simple.

I hope you have a fabulous Friday. I have lots on my schedule today.   Hopefully I will get it all done, if not, there is always tomorrow!  Be happy!  Don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    

   

3 comments:

  1. Sad moments always lead to happy memories, especially at this time of the year. Cute lids made into snowmen ornaments. Winter solstice arrived yesterday, good thing now is the days start stretching out a tiny bit at a time. Cold here today, -10 Celsius this morning, but sunny, however a red sky this morning will probably lead to some rain tomorrow. Like you I got my wrapping finished yesterday, just the turkey to cook on Sunday now. Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think life is made up of loss, of all sorts, of course, mixed in with good things. Or so it seems to me. The latest thing I am having to give up is cooking with onions and garlic, because of my husband's extreme acid reflux problem. I feel sad...think how many recipes THAT impacts!! But all temporary...just for this life and we are old...so...but still makes me sad. Good grief, we can cook yummy stuff, even if cheap even...but it is hard giving up even the simple things. Well, to me, December often is the most melancholy of months, no matter what we may do to try making it the most jolly. But it is only one month and soon we will be into the new year...eh?
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!