Thursday 28 December 2023

My Favorite Things . . .

 



Sharing today a few things that I really love to do, eat, experience, enjoy  . . .  maybe you will enjoy them too.


 


Plate Rails.  I love plate rails. In the house that my ex and I built in New Brunswick I had a custom designed kitchen and it had a cabinet with plate rails in it, right next to the sink.  I loved that house and that kitchen so much. 


 


Simplicity.  I like simple things.  Nothing too fussy.


 

Anything embroidered.  I love embroidery.


 

White furniture.  I had this exact same table in the UK.  Ikea.  I wish I could have gotten Ikea stuff here.  I would have preferred it over what I did get.


 


Bluebirds.  I have never seen one in real life.


 

Vintage ephemera. I love anything vintage like this.  Elaine had all my Christmas gifts decorated with vintage ephemera. and they were beautiful.  I hated to unwrap them. I saved all the wrapping.




My new to me snack sets.  (Thank you Elaine.) I love snack sets. They are the perfect way to enjoy a drink and a sandwich, or a piece of cake, etc.


 


The classics. I can read them over and over again, and never tire of them.


 

Biscuits.  Especially if cheese is involved.  I love cheese biscuits.


 

Pasta  . . .  it is one of my weaknesses  . . . 


 

Blueberry Tarts  . . . blueberry anything  . . . 


 


Fountain pens  . . .  I have always loved fountain pens  . . . 


 


The natural world.  I love nature and all that it holds for us.


 

This.  I love everything about this.  It is beautiful in its simplicity, and yet at the same time it is filled with so much detail.


And those are my favorite things for this week. I hope some of them were your favorites also!


A thought to carry with you  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.The past is a foreign country.
They do things differently there.
~L.P. Hartley° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •




In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Eggnog Scones. Seriously delicious.  Even without any butter and jam.


I probably won't be able to post again until Monday.  If Anthony comes today with the boys, one or two of them will be sleeping in the living room and I will not have access to my computer, so don't worry if you don't hear from me for a few days!  Until then, I wish for you a very Happy New Year.  I hope 2024 is good to us all. May we each find joy and peace in all of its days.  Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    

   



3 comments:

  1. Very nice favourites, Marie. We do love many of the same things. Thank you for liking my wrapping. Enjoy your visit with Anthony and his boys. Hope they arrived safely. Love and hugs, Elaine (in Toronto).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rain, fog and dullness continues today. Hoping your have your home full with family again. Enjoy every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much to enjoy! Family is the best. Happy Happy New Year!
    xo, V.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!