Thursday 16 March 2023

My Favorite Things . . .

 

A few of the things that make me smile, bring happiness and joy, and make my heart go pitter pat. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. I say its worth a thousand smiles. 


 


Pavola . . . the meringue, the cream, the fruit  . . .  all together, so delicious.


 


The needle arts . . .  sewing, knitting, crocheting, embroidering, etc. I love them all. Just to create something beautiful to adorn your home, your body, or to gift to another with your hands gives me joy.


 


Letters, cards, postcards, stationary . . .  love them all.


 


Ornate keys  . . .  love them. One year I bought several and used them to make special Santa Claus Keys for the grandchildren.


 

Can you imagine?  What kind of occasion was this for I wonder?  


 


Baby's breath  . . . Baby's breath is blooming with symbolism. Most commonly, this flower is a symbol of everlasting love, which is one reason why it's a popular wedding flower. Baby's breath also represents innocence, which makes it a lovely gesture to include in baby shower gifts and gifts for new mothers. Its one of those supporting flowers which helps to enhance the beauty of others.


 

Any kind of fairytale cottage  . . . 


 

Teapots . . .  I love them, and this one is so pretty  . . . 


 


Roses  . . .  beautiful  . . . 


 


Cherries  . . .  love, LOVE them  . . . 


 

Pearls  . . .  I still have some special ones that were a gift from a dear friend . . . with a gold bow . . .  💕


 

Lavender  . . .  so pretty . . .  the smell  . . .  the taste  . . . 


 


Strings  . . . 


 


Hot Air Balloon Festivals . . .  so wonderful  . . . 


 


Clocks  . . . . clock towers . . . 


 



Milled soaps  . . . 


 

Vintage fashion plates. The daughters of the people I worked for at the manor had framed ones in their bedrooms, and in the guest room. 


 

This  . . . I love pretty things . . .


And all of YOU!


Life is too short not to notice the things which bring us joy. Even if it is only in photographs.


A thought to carry with you  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
  ˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
 ˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*I  have learned that to have a good friend 
is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is
a love that has no exchange of payment.
~Frances Farmer•。★★ 。* 。




I have compiled a roundup of some of the Traditional Irish Dishes I have cooked through the years over in The English Kitchen today in time for Saint  Patrick's Day tomorrow.  I hope you enjoy!  There is a little bit of something for everyone!

I hope you have a beautiful day. I cannot get warm here this morning. Brrrr . . .  it's cold in here.  I shall need to dress in layers methinks!  Whatever you get up to, don't forget! 


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    

   

4 comments:

  1. Lots of pretties to look at. Hope you feel warmer soon, when is the heat pump getting fixed? Looks like a rainy day tomorrow for us. Guess that is better then snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Linda! They are waiting on a part for the heat pump. Who knows how long it will take. I am trying not to turn the baseboard heating up too high, but it is really cold in here. Very rainy and overcast here today! And yes, better than snow! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Same faves..No surprise here lol:)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!