Thursday 23 March 2023

My Favorite Things . . .




A few of the things that make me smile, bring happiness and joy, and make my heart go pitter pat. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. I say its worth a thousand smiles. 


 



I bought these for the tin because it was really cute and I can't resist a cute tin.  But the cookies are surprisingly good. And I had really no expectation that they would be.  I got them at the SuperStore for $5.99 and they are worth every penny.  There is two layers of cookies in the tin and they are really delicious. Best Danish Butter Cookies ever!



 



Ivy covered walls  . . . 


 



Pretty and flowery.  Love this chair.


 


Interesting  . . . 


 

Hyacinth  . . .  love them.  


 


That purse, those shoes  . . . 


 


Blue and white  . . .  sigh  . . . 


 


The cuff, the color  . . . 


 


I love, Love, LOVE this sweater.  I love everything about it.


 


The Butler's sink, that pass-through with all the little spaces for storage and display! The color of the cabinets! 


 


White picket fences  . . . this one is very pretty.




It's here although its very cold this morning  . . . 


 


I hope his wish comes true  . . . 


 

Wooden spoons  . . . 


 


Its a bust  . . . 

 

Succulents  . . . 


 


Pink glasses  . . . 


 


Tea strainers  . . . 


 


Roses  . . . 


 


Beautiful  . . .  I sent mom something like this once . . .  


And those are my favorites for this week  . . .  The world is filled with beauty.


Oh, but I did not sleep well last night. I woke up several times with bad dreams.  In the first one I was in bed next to my youngest daughter that doesn't have anything to do with me and I was defending myself and she was making faces at me.  I was getting more and more agitated. I got up and went to the bathroom and then read for a little bit to get it out of my mind.  Then I dreamt I was at school and there was a male teacher and he was a bully and so I decided I was just going to leave and go home.  So when he went to take the class to gym I slipped out. I was trying to tunnel my way through the snow to find my way back to my house and he was following me and I knew he was going to hurt me if he caught up to me.  I was frantic to get away but my house was not where it was supposed to be and I was hiding from him. Scary. I made myself wake up. By then it was time to get up anyways.  But I don't feel rested at all. I may take myself back to bed for a bit  . . . 


A thought to carry with you  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
  ˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
 ˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Cleaning your house while
your kids are still growing up
is like shoveling the walk before
it stops snowing.•。★★ 。* 。
~Phyllis Diller•。★★ 。* 。 






In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Hershey's Perfect One Bowl Chocolate Cake. The small batch. I made one nine-inch layer, cut it in half and stacked it. Delicious.


I hope you have a lovely day filled with lots of pretties and joys!  Whatever you get up to, don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    

   

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes when a person grows up, they can then relook at the past with different understanding. It seems to me however, that rarely do people understand anything they themselves have not lived through. Sorry for the bad dreams...hope you do get some more rest during the rest of this day. Sometimes we must sleep WHENEVER we can...no matter the time of day or night.
    Hugs, Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello on this froggy and rainy day. Let's hope you keep busy and sleep better tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our dreams seem so real especially the bad ones. Think about your favourite things instead. Love and hugs, Elaine (in Toronto)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marie~ Beautiful finds today! Yes, that sweater, it's gorgeous and I love the red-blush color! My sister has a set of pink, cut glasses that my grandfather's wife gave to her on one of her birthdays, I have always loved it. I'm going to make that chocolate cake, it looks divine!!!! Bad dreams are the worst, it takes me days sometimes to get back to normal. I hope you went back to bed, or at least got a nap in. Hugs and Love, Barb

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!