Wednesday 7 September 2022

Wednesday Witterings . . .

 

 
(source

Little by little,
one travels far.
~Tolkien


I had a pretty good day yesterday. I got a lot done and even managed to be able to spend time with my sister.  Priorities I guess.  I baked a corned beef and potato pie in the morning and managed to get it all photographed before noon. Cleaned up from that. Paid a few bills. Went and got some gasoline for the car.  Went over to my sisters and had supper there with her and my dad.  Home baked beans.  It didn't matter that I had already had beans for my lunch.  Home baked beans are a rare treat that I cannot resist. She had also made a delicious Peach & Rosemary Cobbler which we enjoyed with some squirty cream on top.  There was plenty of cat play woven into my day as well, and loads of cuddles.  I also managed to get in a facetime with Doug, so all in all, it was a very productive day I found.

I would have liked to have gotten in some crafting. I need to  organize my crafts earlier in the day so that in the evening I can sit and do my handiwork while I watch television. My brain is too disorganized by the time the  evening rolls around to organize anything.



I have noticed that all of my neighbors have taken down their hummingbird feeders now. I am pondering if I should take mine down yet or should I keep it up a few days longer just in case there are any stragglers.  I did much research about it online yesterday and I am of two minds.  I could take it down and all would be well, or I could leave it up just a few days longer just in case.

I hate the thought that one of those wee creatures could suffer because I acted in haste and removed their sustenance too soon. There are not a lot of flowers still about now. I don't believe that I saw any birds at it yesterday, but that doesn't mean none came. It just means I did not see them.

Oh how I have enjoyed them over these summer months. The aerial battles of the last few weeks were especially fun to watch. Isn't nature wonderful? 


 

Its a very foggy morning out there this morning. A typical September morning, a late summer/early autumn morning. Hopefully it will burn off and sunshine will follow.

 I have started to take a photograph out my front window every morning so that I can catalogue the changing seasons. So far, most days there is no change, but I think it will be interesting to see how the change creeps in.  I am taking it of the exact same spot each morning. I have always wanted to do something like that, if for no other reason other than the fact that I think I may be surprised. I predict the changes will be very subtle, but somehow will add up in a way that I will find interesting.  

Curious I was as a child, and I guess I still hold that curiosity in me as an older adult.


 

Oh how wonderful it is to go out and about, and then come back and see those furry little bodies sitting on my window sill waiting to greet me when I return.  They always look so excited to see me. I can see their little mouths meowing even before I get out of the car.  They are as happy to see me as I am to see them. How very marvelous it is to have a place that you are happily greeted with love when you return after having been away, even if only having been gone for an hour or two.

These two are such little characters and have their own unique personalities.  Nutmeg is cheeky but all that cheeky bravado disappears in the face of something he doesn't know or feel familiar with.  Cinnamon is a lot more laid back and aloof. They are both very loving and affectionate.

My sister's kitten, little Mac, is unique as well, as are all the cats in that house.  He loves to crawl up on her chest as she sits at the computer and he snuggles right into her neck purring and "making bread" as Dan calls it.   He kneads away with a look of pure ecstasy on his little face.  He is in his happy place of contentment.  

I guess that is another word for home. A happy place of contentment.  A place where you feel loved, and safe and warm. 


There was a lot of excitement in Doug's house yesterday with the arrival of a 3D printer. Jon paid for half of it all by himself. That was quite an accomplishment for him to be able to do that.  It takes hours for the printer to be able to manufacture something. A bit like watching paint dry as Doug described it, but as you can see both Jake and Jon are aptly watching the process.   That roll of white stuff you see on the side is what the printer uses to create what it is printing. 


 


This was their first creation.  Two little owls. It took about 4 hours. There are a few things that need to be adjusted, but it will be a great learning exercise for Jon, being able to perfect the process. 

How very fascinating that we have come to this time in history when it is possible to do such things at home. 


 


It is almost a year since I have heard from my Australian Swedish friend Marie.  I used to hear from her on a daily basis, but nothing since about November of last year. None of my messages have been responded to. I fear that something has definitely happened to her.  That is the ways of the internet. You can feel very connected to people and then all of a sudden they can just disappear.  I have instructions for my family should anything ever happen to me, they let people know. I don't want to leave people wondering . . . 


 

When you spend a lot of time on your own without other people to distract you, you have a lot of time to think about things, a lot of time for introspection.  I have been thinking a lot about my faith lately.  

Over these past few years I have experienced and faced a lot of obstacles . . . have felt my heart sink right down to my toes, and I know that my obstacles are not yet finished. Life is a series of highs and lows. Smooth and rough. Some days it is hard to see the smooth path . . . the sure ground, the safety which lies ahead.  Those days require a lot of trust and faith. Faith that what lies ahead will be worth the journey and the climb and the stumbles. I have learned to trust in and know my Lord.

"The Lord is my rock and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust." ~Psalm 18:2

I have learned to trust in the strength of the one who lifts me up and to have faith that He will not fail me.  And I have developed courage, much courage. It takes a lot of courage to move forward in the face of adversity. 

"Hold up my goings in thy paths, that my footsteps slip not." ~Psalm 17:5

But I know that when I move forward I am not moving forward alone. I am being held and strengthened with just what I need.



 

I am going on a little jaunt with my sister this morning. I think we are going to the farm market. I want to get a few peaches while they are in season.  I was thinking of making  peach dumplings or some such.  That cobbler she had last night was incredibly delicious.

While I am adjusting to this new tablet I am on I am not feeling entirely safe going out on my own.  There is always an adjustment when you start taking any new medication. That makes three medications now that I am taking that have the possibility to cause dizziness. So far I am not really feeling dizzy, but I sure need to go to the loo a lot!  Thankfully last night it was only twice!  Two less than the night before!

I have reached the age where I need to plan my outings on if there will be a toilet available and if it will be a toilet I will want to use, although . . .  at the end of the day . . . when you need one, you need one and beggars can't be choosers!  I hope this tablet does the trick and brings my blood pressure down to an acceptable level.  Its not dangerously high but needs to come down just a bit.  It may also help with the water retention in my ankles and feet. That would be a bonus!  I hate having "barrel ankles."

Anyways I am looking forward to spending time with my sister. Tomorrow I am going to lunch with the Senior Missionary Couple that I was in weekly communication with when I first came back to Canada. They were serving here in Nova Scotia, but due to Covid had been unable to actually leave their home in Alberta. We had weekly meetings on the computer via Zoom. They are happy to finally be able to spend some time in Nova Scotia. It will be nice to meet them in person after all these months.

And with that I will leave you with a thought for the day!

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *I am determined to be cheerful and happy 
in whatever situation I may find myself. 
For I have learned that the greater part 
of our misery or unhappiness is determined 
not by our circumstance but by our disposition.
~Martha Washington  •。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。



In The English Kitchen today a Corned Beef and Potato Pie.  This was really delicious. But then you could put anything in a crust and I would pretty much enjoy it!

I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!  Be safe. Be happy. Be content.  Don't forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════
 

And I do too! 
 

9 comments:

  1. You are such a busy beaver:) Great.I hear you re not knowing about what a web friend is up to..or worse.I too..know of someone who told me she had an issue..and nothing..over one yr..I agree with you ..I also follow a watercolorist..and her daughters and husband put a notice on IG that she had passed..:(I didnt know her..know her but loved her art..unknown to me she battled cancer for 6 months and lost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its really sad not to know and wonder. ((((hugs))))

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your outing with Cindy. The farmers markets are a joy this time of year. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine! We had a great time! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  3. I take my hummingbird feeder in around this time of year, You don't want them dependent on food to stop them from migrating.
    bust day for you yesterday. Enjoy your time out today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After some research I discovered that it won't make them dependent or keep them from migrating, but it might give them a boost of energy needed to make the trip. Also Hummingbirds migrating from further North like from Newfoundland, etc. also need the energy, I will keep mine up for another week or so. I have seen several females at my feeder today and indeed it has been emptied. Thank you! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Your little boys are so smart and techy…Good for them! Hard not to know about your friend Marie…even though we don’t ‘know, know’ our internet friends, they are still in our hearts and minds.
    Enjoy your day, V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very proud of them! Enjoy your day also V! xoxo

      Delete
  5. I got to see a 3-d printer at work once, fascinating but since I was with a tour group, I didnt get to stick around to see the finished product. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!