Tuesday 20 September 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 



FOR TODAY, September 20th 2022

Outside my window ...
Its overcast. Its been raining. There are puddles about.  But then, its garbage day. My sister helped me put out my garbage yesterday. I so appreciated it. She's so good to me. I wish I could do more for her.

I am thinking ...
I have been thinking about what a great send-off they gave the Queen yesterday. I was pretty much glued to BritBox from very early in the morning until late afternoon. I watched everything. I doubt I will see anything so spectacular again in my lifetime. I liked the service at Windsor better than the one in Westminster. It felt more personal. Loved all the pageantry, tradition and history involved with it all. 

I am thankful for ...
Family.  I am thankful for family. One of God's greatest blessings in my life has been my family.

In the kitchen ...



Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Pasta. Everything cooks all in one dish. Its delicious. 

On my "to Cook" list ... 



Simply Suzanne.  I need to figure out a way how to make this delicious looking Croque Monsieur Pie smaller. 

Good to know ... 



I am wanting to create ...

 



Chacuterie Houses. Apparently they are the next big thing. Cute! BHG. Would be a great holiday thing if you were having people over.





No source, but I love thes pin cushions with the embroidered accents. I used to love making pin cushions.


Fabric and Ink.  Tree Stump pin cusions.


Clickety Sticks. Love these simple dish cloths.  



Make Your Own Zone. One day I will make me one of these. I promise. I love them.


I am reading ... 

I lost interest in the book I was reading and haven't found anything new yet. So basically just reading the scriptures, online stuff, etc. Does anyone have any good recommendations? I love historical novels but not trashy romance novels. I also like a good mystery.


Looking forward to ...

Having my feet done today. Thanksgiving. Christmas.  Feeling 100% again. I am still not quite there. I stopped taking the medication on Sunday. Anything that makes you feel that poorly is not worth it.  I had no energy at all. I was feeling ill and lethargic I did not go to church or to my sister's for supper. Cindy went and got me some Pedialyte on Saturday. It has helped a lot.  I was feeling very poorly. Still not 100% but I am getting there! At least I have some energy now!


Dreaming About ...

 

Indian blankets  . . .  (from India)


 

Stained glass windows  . . . 

 

Room with a view . . . 


 

Lace lined shelves  . . . 

 

Emily Dickenson  . . . 


Something to watch ...


Dancing with the Stars on Disney +


Makes me smile ... 


Corners of my kingdom ... 

 

Lighthouse at Briar Island.  Pains me that we never got there this summer  . . . 

A thought to carry with you ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *If you cannot do great things,
do small things in a great way.
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。

And that's my daybook for this week! 


   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 
  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 
 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       


12 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're feeling better. We watched the Queen's funeral from 4:00 am till 2:00 pm. Very moving. Still hard to believe she is gone. Hope the Royal family can rest today. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Elaine. She has been there my whole life. I was moved to tears many times, and especially when her coffin started lowering into the Vault and of course the Bag Pipers, knowing how much she loved Scotland and the people. I hope they can get a well deserved rest today as well. This whole week has been an emotional roller coaster. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. I am glad you stopped the meds...hope you feel better soon!! I did not get up before daylight in order to watch yesterday, but we watched some off and on during the day. I felt so sorry, especially for Harry and Meghan!! I saw one guy in uniform salute Harry (who was not in his uniform)...I wished I could thank that man!! The stress of having to do something like that on public display, all the while being in a "not wanted" position can be horrific!!
    Nice project ideas here...I am just plain too lazy these days to do much of anything...
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better soon..hope you asked your Dr sometimes going cold turkey is not comfortable with medicine..Just saying..
    I'm not a historical fiction book girl so ..:)
    I just read a Good neighbourhood and liked it..I think it is considered a book for younger readers..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had a family Doctor to ask! I am reading the book you read by Selma Blair! Very good! xoxo

      Delete
  4. I'm sure you will be telling your doctor and will get this all sorted out. We had terrific thunder storms yesterday afternoon and really heavy rain. We went for a lovely walk by the water this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the air after a thunder storm Linda! xoxo

      Delete
  5. I love the historical novels by Kristin Hannah. Most recently I've read The Nightingale and The Four Winds. Both very good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Gown by Jennifer Robson is good - but perhaps you've already read it? It's a novel, but the story is centered around the women who made the wedding dress for Princess Elizabeth- fiction, but good.
    Hope you keep feeling better, just wondering if a call to the doctor's office would be a good idea. Just a little concerned about you stopping the meds without a conversation with the doctor.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Mary! I have heard of that book! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!