Wednesday 21 September 2022

Mean Girls

 

 


I've never watched the film actually. I probably never will, but I know what mean girls are.  I've experienced enough of them in my lifetime to last ten lifetimes. You would think that we would all know better now than to pick at or bully others.  We like to pride ourselves on being so compassionate and understanding these days, lobbying for equal rights for people of minority, no matter the color, race, sexual persuasion, etc. and quite rightly so, but the world is still filled with mean girls, and nobody lifts a finger or says a word about it.

Its much easier now than it ever has been as people hide anonymously behind their keyboards and say whatever they want to and about whomever they want to say it. Its quite disgusting really.

I have seen so much of it over the past week that it really breaks my heart.  All of the negativity towards Meghan and Harry has been relentless, and at a time when Harry is mourning the loss of his grandmother, when a nation is mourning the loss of their Queen, when a wife is trying to comfort and support her husband in a great loss.  Some people literally have no scruples.


 


It is what drove, some people would say, Princess Diana to an early grave (no pun intended). How very terrible it must be for Harry to have to see the same type of thing happening to his wife that happened to his mother.  At least with his mother it was simply a desire to get a photograph, any photograph no matter how, no matter what. With his wife it is with words. Every single expression, every nuance of feeling, every movement picked and pulled apart and judged to the nth degree.  Its despicable.

They ought to be ashamed of themselves . . . people should know better, and yet . . .  they don't.

I've been subjected to mean girl behavior off and on throughout my life.  The not-so-subtle side looks and whispers, often right in front of my face.  Jibes and cutting remarks designed to pull another person down, for what purpose?  To make themselves feel better about themselves? 

Nowadays it mostly comes via anonymous comments on here.  People just don't seem to be able to help themselves I suppose.  You might say it comes with the territory, but it shouldn't. I'm not sure what the answer is.


Having said that however, mean girls have helped to shape me. They are behind every obsession I have about the way my hair, or my body looks, how I dress, how I walk, how I talk, etc. Maybe not overly so now that I am old and not caring so much about things like that as much, but certainly when I was younger . . .  I worried overly so about things like that. About how my house looked, about how my children were dressed, etc.  Wanting always to present to the world something that could not be criticized by others and yet somehow, they always found something to nitpick about.  

I do still hear the whispers though  . . . every now and again they haunt my present.

Yes, they helped to shape me, but not all in bad ways. I like to think that I am much more compassionate and less judgmental of others because of the mean girls, and yes, even towards the mean girls. Bullies have often been bullied themselves I am told. They make me grateful that I am not them. I think I am a much kinder person because of them.

 

I feel so badly for a family that is grieving and while doing so having to navigate the voices of the mean girls that seek to tear them apart at every turn. 

I do not blame them for choosing to live apart and away from the fishbowl that is the British press.  Its just all so wrong. 


 


We are expecting really inclement weather here. Hurricane Fiona is expected to track and impact mainland Nova Scotia by this weekend. They are expecting high winds, rain, power outages etc.  Chances are we might not feel a lot of it, but then again, we might. It is best to be prepared. Have in plenty of water, make sure your flashlights, phone, etc. are all charged up just in case.  I have loads of candles and a nice strong rechargeable flashlight and a host of mini flashlights. One in every room. I will probably pop out to the store today to get in some extra water.  I usually fill the bucket up with extra water for flushing the toilet. Just in case. I have loads of food for the cats. I am always prepared I guess. Just in case.

I am feeling much better today so far than I have been.  The tablet which was causing all the problems was a diuretic and I was only taking 1/2 of one once a day. I just must be one of those people who cannot handle such things. It was making me severely dehydrated.  Even yesterday when the lady was here doing my feet, I kept getting leg cramp/Charlie horses and she would have to stop so that I could work them out. To make matters worse I was up two or three times in the night to go to the loo, which left me feeling very tired. 

We will have to find another way because I am not spending my life feeling like that tablet was making me feel.  Last night I only had to get up once and I am feeling like I have some of my old energy back.  

I best leave you now with a thought for the day . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *A single dream is more powerful
than a thousand realities.
~J. R. Tolkien  •。★★ 。* 。 




In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Scottish Steak Pie, for two.  Delicious. Simple.  Small sized for the smaller family.

I hope that you have a wonderful Wednesday. May it be filled with light.  Whatever you get up to don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       

12 comments:

  1. Unfortunately there have always been and there always will be mean girls/people. I agree, they hide behind fake/anoymous accounts and feel they can say whatever. I wonder if it makes them feel better? probably not, so many places hire these sorts of people to leave nasty comments on political/well known/famous accounts just to berate them. Oops, got carried away there. Glad you are feeling a bit better. Happy first day of Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're feeling better, Marie. I agree with you about Prince Harry and Meghan. They deserve to have a life of their own out of the spot light. More than once I've said to the tv, "leave them alone". Stay safe from the storm. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouldn't you think, after all Harry has been through, that people could for a change, just be happy he found someone to make him happy?? I really do not know HOW Meghan could have made herself disappear more, under the circumstances of it all, and still support Harry. If they NEVER return again to UK, who could blame them?? I hope Harry can be happy here in USA...and feel the welcome he has not had there. We are basically a nation of misfits and those not welcomed elsewhere...hah!
    And you are so so so right about bully girls...I think it is a much harder thing than bully boys generally, as girls are often way more sneaky and clandestine about what they do. One of my daughters had her life ruined by one "queen bee" during nearly all of her teen years, who was able to get the other girls to shun and nearly destroy my daughter. My other daughter had a similar situation although fortunately we got away from that hellhole town when she was 16 and she had a wonderful experience finally at the end of her teen years. FINALLY!! What I went though was different...in that I felt basically accepted by most when in high school...but later, even just about 5 years ago, learned what they REALLY thought of me, according to one pinhead who called me to tell me. I had my husband block her number on the phone. It leaves you feeling that nothing was REAL that you THOUGHT was real...even though that one person may have been lying. Ah, no desire to ever return to THAT town either...none whatsoever, for other reasons that had to do with kin. It is far better to be alone than to suffer at the hands of such creatures.
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had thought that bullying had stopped but its alive and well! Like you I am happy that H & M took themselves away from the bullies. xoxo

      Delete
  4. There will always be mean girls..people...Having been overweight until I was 15-16..I got to know really mean girls..
    Sad..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how damaging that is. I was surrounded by mean girls also. It is very sad. xoxo

      Delete
  5. We in Britain were very happy to accept Megan into the fold when Harry fell in love with her. Unfortunately, she has been her own worse enemy turning people against herself. We accepted that they wanted a quiet life in USA but they do not.!! She wants fame and adoration. She wants to be centre of attention at all times. Her TV interviews have been proved about all the lies she told. This when Harry's 99 year old Granddad was days from dying. Since then they have both gone on to break our Queens heart and she was 96. They have let her see her great granddaughter just once and not even a hand full of times to see
    Archie. Harry has a book ready for publishing and more Podcast from Megan both filled with more lies and looking for pity and sympathy. No, we do not want either of them. By the way, I am and never have been bitchy toward others, I am just stating facts.
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think that any of us really knows what goes on in private. I do not believe that a slanted media is a wise source of truth. They have been out to get her from the start. I do not think the Queen had a broken heart. I think she totally understood their need to get away. They left and I say just leave them alone.

      Delete
  6. One of the things I pray most days is,
    Let me cause no one pain or grief.
    There's enough suffering in the world without contributing to it.
    Having grown up in poverty, I was subjected to constant abuse.
    So I understand.
    But we chose who we become.
    I chose to become kind.
    I'm glad you figured out it was the
    Diuretic. I hope your feeling better
    soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Savannah. I am with you on that. Let me cause no one pain or grief. Love and hugs. xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!